User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Funny how when your INFJ GF does something you come here and lump all of us INFJs into her group (Though I AM just jumping to conclusions...)

Either way sky's last post is exactly how I feel about SMS
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm usually stellar in responding to text messages. It's actually a pretty big pet peeve to me when people just don't respond. Is that the J in me?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I don't know, I usually answer to all text messages myself as well, no matter how ridiculous. Most of the messages I get are from a one certain person though, and I do not always respond, as in late at night, when I can't come up with a clever reply, and then I'll forget about it in the morning.

For me, I am just not tied to my phone 24/7 (unless I'm at work).

I lose it, forget it's on silent, forget to charge it, etc.

When I finally remember my phone, I see the missed txt messages, send a flurry back, get lost in a project and forget the phone again.

MBTI
    INFJ

I pretty much never answer text messages unless there is a specific question.

I think there's nothing more silly than replying "Okay" via SMS. Why is it necessary to inform the sender that you got the message? And pay for it? If the matter is urgent, and the sender really needs to know if you got it in time, he/she's using the wrong communication method anyway. Text messages are not urgent, phone calls are. Text messages are so easily missed.

A friend of mine swapped multiple text messages with his girlfriend. At one point he didn't read the text message he received and I asked him why. He said: "I already know what it says". (which was obviously something like "Okay"). This story perfectly illustrates the silliness that is involved with the SMS culture.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    I pretty much never answer text messages unless there is a specific question.

I think there's nothing more silly than replying "Okay" via SMS. Why is it necessary to inform the sender that you got the message? And pay for it? If the matter is urgent, and the sender really needs to know if you got it in time, he/she's using the wrong communication method anyway. Text messages are not urgent, phone calls are. Text messages are so easily missed.

A friend of mine swapped multiple text messages with his girlfriend. At one point he didn't read the text message he received and I asked him why. He said: "I already know what it says". (which was obviously something like "Okay"). This story perfectly illustrates the silliness that is involved with the SMS culture.
    You said it.

And if I get a text from a friend, and I'm right in front of the computer, I'll send them an IM or e-mail back in reply. Like hell I'm paying to reply to that message when I had to pay to read it!

That...and I really hate texting in general. It's hard to type using a phone.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFJ

People like talking ish about INFJs here eh?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't use texts. I answer my phone if it's not a bad time. Written messages I sometimes feel the need to mull over before answering and sometimes forget to answer altogether or feel as though the time has passed.

Someone attempting to interact with me does not necessarily obligate me to interact with them if/when I don't feel like it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

For me, I am just not tied to my phone 24/7 (unless I'm at work).

I lose it, forget it's on silent, forget to charge it, etc.

When I finally remember my phone, I see the missed txt messages, send a flurry back, get lost in a project and forget the phone again.
    You're exactly like me.

I hate talking on phones. Texting is better, but I'm very erratic with it. The reason is that people text or call me when it's something they personally want to share, or bitch about, and I get turned off to that really quick. It's rare I ever get a text or call asking how I am, or what's going on with me.

I've basically stopped the exchange completely because confronting the situation only made it worse. I'm finding that avoidance is the best approach to most people, especially with texting.