• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ + Enneagram type...? Experts' input welcome!

CrimsonMirror

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Hi all,

I'm new here, but have been browsing this forum for quite some time before finally taking the plunge to decide to join. Anyway, I know for a certainty that I am an ENFJ. The description most accurately depicts who I am, and it is my most frequently given result whenever I peruse of any type of Myers Briggs/Keirsey type test. So I have no problem identifying my type here.

But with the enneagram, I run into a host of problems. I am well familiar with the nine types and what each one entails. But I seem to encounter a great deal of variation when it comes to the results of these tests. I've literally typed as every type at one time or another, except a 5 or a 6. (Which makes sense to me, since I can honestly say that neither of those types even comes CLOSE to describing who I am as a person... especially the type 5.)

Anyhow, I've most frequently typed as an 8 or, oddly enough, as a 2 (and sometimes as a 3.) My variant is virtually ALWAYS sexual; which (again) makes perfect sense considering my personality. I do tend to be an intensely-emotional individual, one who places one-on-one relationships (especially romantic ones) as a very large priority in my life. I've always been like that. But basically, I'm trying to make some sense out of which enneagram type I most likely am; which is where you wonderful people come in! lol

To be honest, I can probably most accurately identify with being a type 8... but how common is an ENFJ as a type 8? (In fact, my wing almost always come out as a 7...) As far as I know, an ENFJ as an 8w7 SX/SO is quite rare... isn't it? Of course, rarity doesn't exclude the possibility that it's the way I am.

I do enjoy helping others and I would define myself as an altruistic, kind-hearted person by nature. I do believe that love equals sacrifice. However, I am also someone who is immensely strong-willed, argumentative and like to have things my way. I hate being walked all over and I always stand up for myself. Essentially, I won't take crap from anybody. I like to be in charge and to guide and lead people... BUT (the caveat here is) I don't like to 'boss' people around or 'force' them into doing what I want. I like to lead others by influence and by inspiring and empowering THEM to make their own decisions, in the end. This probably would fit in well with the ENFJ persona, I imagine.

As a type 3... I don't really see that too much. I'm motivated and ambitious, sure... but there are more important things to me than simple success at the cost of all else.

In the end, I would describe myself as a passionate person who does desire to help people. But 'helping people' is an incredibly illusive term, one that I can't really pin down, since it can mean different things to different people. And in the end, nine times out of ten, I would say that I believe I'm right, even when I step back and let others make their own decisions.

Basically, does anyone have any thoughts on this, or on what enneagram type I am? Did anything in particular stand out in my post that you'd like to comment on? I can give more information, if necessary. Just wondering what you guys think!

Thanks. :)

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
It always amuses me when people can give an outright essay on who they believe themselves to be in reference to letters and numbers. I'm not clear on what is who and who is what either and I have vast experience with people. But to address your question, fitting enneagram type and enfj, my thinking is going towards a etype that's direct and assertive yet compassionate, feeling and decision making comes to mind. I don't really know what I'm talking about to tell the truth. Just making talk. I've heard type three is usually thinking type, but that could be faulty assumption speaking, and eight types are J types, but again that could be due to my lack of analytical ability, and seven types aren't likely to be J types simply due to their need for openness to experience, and nines are rather withdrawn temperamentally, so you'd likely not relate with that type, fours are serl conscious and vague, in comparison to your initial post, but maybe this is a possible type, having intuition as a faculty you appreciate, fives are not likely to reveal much about their feelings, so likely enfj doesn't go with this type, though not excluding the possibility, just saying it's unlikely, and that would leave types one and six as possibilities for your etype. Do you relate with either of these types?

Arinn

MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I lol'ed at this when i read it because I have a problem identifying my Enneagram type too. Strangely i've been seeing a lot of 5w4 ,4w5 NF's ENFJ's. So rarely do i see anything out of that scope D:, i wouldn't be a person to ask about enneagram the so/sx/sp wahh no time to learn this yet. You sound a lot like a 2 & 3, maybe not. But hey nice of you to pop by into this forum, we could definetly need another ENFJ making a 9 page essay to make our head explodes. I do that sometimes too, good thing there are INFP's that listen to us wahahah.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a 2w1, sometimes a 4. *shrugs* Crazy wacky numberz up in hizzle.