User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default ENFPs being CRAZY about someone

Are you guys crazy about someone? Does this exist naturally? Or, does it take an effort to keep those feelings maintained?

I'm kind of starting to think that romance is fantasy...

I really feel like I'm crazy into someone in the beginning, buuuut... then it dwindles... and I wonder if it's ever possible to have it where the feelings are constant...

In a relationship, is it just supposed to be like a comfortable friendship with occasional chemistry-like sparks?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It is normal for those sparks to go. As addictive and fun as they can be, and as necessary as they are for attracting a mate, Nature also very much realizes that if we're constantly with our head in the clouds, we aint about to see the predator sneaking up on us...soo yeah..that high disappears

However, all those torturous moments of 'does he like me, oh he does', 'why does he have to be so far away tonight when I just wanna hold him close', ' Can't stop thinking about him', are kinda like a roaring fire out of control.

What happens when it quiets down is a deeper feeling of appreciation for their presence, the ability to just be quiet and content when near them, and a realization that you cannot imagine your life without them, that you're a team against the world.

It's a much more stable flame, that warms your heart. There's also that typical peacefulness and the feeling of 'being home'.

As for the roaring fire..there are ways of recapturing it at appropriate times
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Maybe you just need to try not idealizing others too much in the beginning of the relationship. If you idealize others too much the hard truth about them will hit you in the face at some point. If you idealize way too much you might see that there is nothing left after the truth hits you. When you find someone intresting who you do not idealize too much it will last longer. Naturally after being in a relationship for long you wont get the same feeling that you had at the start, but if you didnt idealize other too much in the start(but found someone who you really like) spark wont go away.

Dunno if your thing is about this, but who knows..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yes, I'm like that too! Yay!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

hmm yeah, i do idealize a lot in the beginning. it's so exciting though! NEW! yay! but then.. it's not new anymore, and it's nice, but it's not WOOHOO out of control... and i kind of like the woohoo out of control... i just really don't know what it's supposed to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Are you guys crazy about someone? Does this exist naturally? Or, does it take an effort to keep those feelings maintained?

I'm kind of starting to think that romance is fantasy...

I really feel like I'm crazy into someone in the beginning, buuuut... then it dwindles... and I wonder if it's ever possible to have it where the feelings are constant...

In a relationship, is it just supposed to be like a comfortable friendship with occasional chemistry-like sparks?
    hi rachelinpa! this is something that took me a long time to "cope" with, due to being an enfp (idealistic, romantic, fantasy) . . . i found the "reality" of love dwindling to be an extremely sad reality but it's not that love dwindles it's the whole scientific / biological thing where in the beginning it's all about infatuation / obsession & we run around in a manic frenzied state . . . we can't go on like that forever (we would be so exhausted & "spent") & so biology provides us with some "sanity" . . . love changes that's all . . . change is inevitable & it is healthy & good when your love or relationship transforms into a more comfortable / secure & healthy balanced state. this is hard on a young enfp (or an unhealthy one) though . . . always looking for a "fix" / a "rush" / a distraction . . .

MBTI
    ENFP

I look at it more like I know what I want in someone I'd potentially date. And when I first meet a girl there is this buzz and chemistry, but then you find out those qualities you want are not in her. So you have to take a crash back down to earth approach and ask yourself if you can overlook that and make it work. And the answer is usually yes, it can work. But it could be better. And I've seen girls more ideally suited, just perhaps the timing isn't right or they're already married. So you keep looking until you find that.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I totally get infatuated with people and things/ideas.

Boys I like....

Oft was the time I have fallin' in and out of love in one fortnight.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTx

This is what scares me about ENFPs... and I mean no offense by it. Just being real.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    This is what scares me about ENFPs... and I mean no offense by it. Just being real.
    Same.