User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ERTP

Default Really Unintelligent NFs

This is a spin-off of the "Really unintelligent NTs-"thread.

So basically, have people ever met really unintelligent NFs? - Every single one that I've known personally later turned out to be a mistested SFs.

So personally, I've never known a stupid NF. Unrealistic and naive, yes. But not unintelligent.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

MBTI
    INTJ

Hrm, I haven't actually, to my knowledge. Definitely SF, though. Maybe our idea of, "intelligent," is just more related to N.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I know very few people who could be considered "unintelligent" actually, the lowest people seem to go is average. (The internet is mainly where I see unintelligence in people showing itself the most.) Part of this may be that most people have different types of skills, so I'm more impressed by them and don't notice the less smart bits.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    ...So personally, I've never known a stupid NF. Unrealistic and na
    They're definitely better spellars than NTs.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

This presumes that N=intelligent. I've never had my IQ tested and don't care to. I really don't give a rat's ass.

I'm pretty sure I'm of average intelligence. Do people really need the validation of IQ to make them feel better about themselves? So many threads here mutate into discussions about IQ and intelligence. Are people really this lacking in self-esteem that they need constant reassurances that they're smarter than everyone else in order to feel good about themselves? This isn't much better than going out and flashing wads of cash. It's the intuitive version of a Napoleon Complex. People need to find other ways to measure themselves.

To answer the question: I'm very sure that NF intelligence is not measurable by traditional IQ tests. To me, it seems to be more emotional and social intelligence than anything else.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ERTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    They're definitely better spellars than NTs.
    Well for once I actually took some care to mind my grammar and your forum cuts me off for dotting the i in naive correctly - phmf!

---

Proteanmix, just go with any definition of intelligent you like
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There is no such thing as an unintelligent NF. They always turn out to be a different type.

This tends to be true for NTs, SJs, and SPs as well.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I knew a couple of really ditsy ENFP's once, but most NF's seem to be of at least average intelligence to me... although I might be biased.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    This is a spin-off of the "Really unintelligent NTs-"thread.

So basically, have people ever met really unintelligent NFs? - Every single one that I've known personally later turned out to be a mistested SFs.

So personally, I've never known a stupid NF. Unrealistic and naive, yes. But not unintelligent.
    So what you're really saying is "stupid NFs" are really stupid, mistested SFs.

Namely ISFJs who think they're INFPs/INFJs and then going on all the MBTI sites telling everyone how they hate other SJs?!

Makes sense.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    "Ns are more likely to be smarter than Ss" (...) is true and is true by a large margin. However, (...) Ns don't actually significantly outnumber Ss in the high IQ bracket. The problem is in distribution. Ns have a much tighter IQ grouping and it is generally higher. Ns are, for all intents and purposes, a subset of high-IQ Ss.
    I saw no need to bold the last sentence.