• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Really Unintelligent NFs

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
This is a spin-off of the "Really unintelligent NTs-"thread.

So basically, have people ever met really unintelligent NFs? - Every single one that I've known personally later turned out to be a mistested SFs.

So personally, I've never known a stupid NF. Unrealistic and naive, yes. But not unintelligent.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hrm, I haven't actually, to my knowledge. Definitely SF, though. Maybe our idea of, "intelligent," is just more related to N.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I know very few people who could be considered "unintelligent" actually, the lowest people seem to go is average. (The internet is mainly where I see unintelligence in people showing itself the most.) Part of this may be that most people have different types of skills, so I'm more impressed by them and don't notice the less smart bits.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
This presumes that N=intelligent. I've never had my IQ tested and don't care to. I really don't give a rat's ass.

I'm pretty sure I'm of average intelligence. Do people really need the validation of IQ to make them feel better about themselves? So many threads here mutate into discussions about IQ and intelligence. Are people really this lacking in self-esteem that they need constant reassurances that they're smarter than everyone else in order to feel good about themselves? This isn't much better than going out and flashing wads of cash. It's the intuitive version of a Napoleon Complex. People need to find other ways to measure themselves.

To answer the question: I'm very sure that NF intelligence is not measurable by traditional IQ tests. To me, it seems to be more emotional and social intelligence than anything else.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
They're definitely better spellars than NTs.

Well for once I actually took some care to mind my grammar and your forum cuts me off for dotting the i in naive correctly - phmf!

---

Proteanmix, just go with any definition of intelligent you like :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no such thing as an unintelligent NF. They always turn out to be a different type.

This tends to be true for NTs, SJs, and SPs as well. :happy2:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I knew a couple of really ditsy ENFP's once, but most NF's seem to be of at least average intelligence to me... although I might be biased. ;)

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
This is a spin-off of the "Really unintelligent NTs-"thread.

So basically, have people ever met really unintelligent NFs? - Every single one that I've known personally later turned out to be a mistested SFs.

So personally, I've never known a stupid NF. Unrealistic and naive, yes. But not unintelligent.

So what you're really saying is "stupid NFs" are really stupid, mistested SFs.

Namely ISFJs who think they're INFPs/INFJs and then going on all the MBTI sites telling everyone how they hate other SJs?!

:rofl1: Makes sense.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
"Ns are more likely to be smarter than Ss" (...) is true and is true by a large margin. However, (...) Ns don't actually significantly outnumber Ss in the high IQ bracket. The problem is in distribution. Ns have a much tighter IQ grouping and it is generally higher. Ns are, for all intents and purposes, a subset of high-IQ Ss.

I saw no need to bold the last sentence. :rolleyes:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Personally, the sorts of people I recommend MBTI to are the intelligent people I would like to learn more about. I've never recommended MBTI to someone I thought was devoid of intelligence, and I've never met an unintelligent person irl who was interested in MBTI. I've recommended MBTI to simpler (ie less troubled) souls, and they almost always turn out to be Ss. Simple is not the same as unintelligent, however.

The point of which is that I've never met a known NF irl who was unintelligent. They usually have plenty of rope to hang themselves with.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My room mate recently tested as INFJ but I suspect she's more ISFJ. She doesn't seem to have common sense, if were basing intelligent on common sense. Then she's a moron. Then again I thin after the tenth time of trying you should be able to use the pass to get on the train (she couldn't insert the right way, she had every way but the correct way.) I finally pointed out that arrows actaully mean something. Then she told me how she got on the train going to wrong way and ended up in the suburbs, I mean it takes about an hour any line to get to the suburbs, and they announce it every stop this is a "northbound redline train to howard"

Also very into fashion, and tends to believe what other's tell her. Hell she wears heels to walk around chicago then complains how her feet hurt. And when you're like then don't wear heels, she's like well then I won't look good and everyone will notice. I'm like no one will care. Or very few people.

Or maybe I'm mis typed as an ISFP if so disregard this post.

Last edited:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
What I and my few NF friends run into is not so much that we lack intelligence, but we think weird. Things that are really obvious to us seem profound and deep to many people, but things that are obvious to most people can take us a very long time to figure out and in the meantime, we are stepping off a cliff over and over.

My ISFJ sister-in-law is insistent that she is not very smart and she thinks that I am, but she does a lot of very smart things and she is light years ahead of me in areas. I put a lot of stock in her opinion and she puts stock in mine. It rocks because we have different blind spots.

Honestly, it seems to me that smart beyond a certain point is just wasted on most people, myself included.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
What I and my few NF friends run into is not so much that we lack intelligence, but we think weird. Things that are really obvious to us seem profound and deep to many people, but things that are obvious to most people can take us a very long time to figure out and in the meantime, we are stepping off a cliff over and over.

You nailed it for me. I was just about to post something to this effect, but you said it much better. I often feel stupid because it takes me years to figure out things that other people seem to discover at age 7.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
My room mate recently tested as INFJ but I suspect she's more ISFJ. She doesn't seem to have common sense, if were basing intelligent on common sense. Then she's a moron. Then again I thin after the tenth time of trying you should be able to use the pass to get on the train (she couldn't insert the right way, she had every way but the correct way.) I finally pointed out that arrows actaully mean something. Then she told me how she got on the train going to wrong way and ended up in the suburbs, I mean it takes about an hour any line to get to the suburbs, and they announce it every stop this is a "northbound redline train to howard"

Also very into fashion, and tends to believe what other's tell her. Hell she wears heels to walk around chicago then complains how her feet hurt. And when you're like then don't wear heels, she's like well then I won't look good and everyone will notice. I'm like no one will care. Or very few people.

Or maybe I'm mis typed as an ISFP if so disregard this post.

So basically, like hotmale said, dumb NFs are really dumb SFs. Got it! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So basically, like hotmale said, dumb NFs are really dumb SFs. Got it! :)

I mean I've been questioning it before this thread, I had her typed as an ISFJ then she told me she was an INFJ. I mean could be wrong and she could be actually an INFJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what you're really saying is "stupid NFs" are really stupid, mistested SFs.

Namely ISFJs who think they're INFPs/INFJs and then going on all the MBTI sites telling everyone how they hate other SJs?!

:rofl1: Makes sense.

Well, it made sense to all the Really Unintelligent N's! :(

The point of which is that I've never met a known NF irl who was unintelligent. They usually have plenty of rope to hang themselves with.

You know, that's probably the best way I've heard it phrased. ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about Ralph Wiggum and Millhouse? ENFP and INFP, respectively.