User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Personally, the sorts of people I recommend MBTI to are the intelligent people I would like to learn more about. I've never recommended MBTI to someone I thought was devoid of intelligence, and I've never met an unintelligent person irl who was interested in MBTI. I've recommended MBTI to simpler (ie less troubled) souls, and they almost always turn out to be Ss. Simple is not the same as unintelligent, however.

The point of which is that I've never met a known NF irl who was unintelligent. They usually have plenty of rope to hang themselves with.

MBTI
    yupp

My room mate recently tested as INFJ but I suspect she's more ISFJ. She doesn't seem to have common sense, if were basing intelligent on common sense. Then she's a moron. Then again I thin after the tenth time of trying you should be able to use the pass to get on the train (she couldn't insert the right way, she had every way but the correct way.) I finally pointed out that arrows actaully mean something. Then she told me how she got on the train going to wrong way and ended up in the suburbs, I mean it takes about an hour any line to get to the suburbs, and they announce it every stop this is a "northbound redline train to howard"

Also very into fashion, and tends to believe what other's tell her. Hell she wears heels to walk around chicago then complains how her feet hurt. And when you're like then don't wear heels, she's like well then I won't look good and everyone will notice. I'm like no one will care. Or very few people.

Or maybe I'm mis typed as an ISFP if so disregard this post.
    Last edited by prplchknz; 10-24-2007 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Questioning.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

What I and my few NF friends run into is not so much that we lack intelligence, but we think weird. Things that are really obvious to us seem profound and deep to many people, but things that are obvious to most people can take us a very long time to figure out and in the meantime, we are stepping off a cliff over and over.

My ISFJ sister-in-law is insistent that she is not very smart and she thinks that I am, but she does a lot of very smart things and she is light years ahead of me in areas. I put a lot of stock in her opinion and she puts stock in mine. It rocks because we have different blind spots.

Honestly, it seems to me that smart beyond a certain point is just wasted on most people, myself included.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    What I and my few NF friends run into is not so much that we lack intelligence, but we think weird. Things that are really obvious to us seem profound and deep to many people, but things that are obvious to most people can take us a very long time to figure out and in the meantime, we are stepping off a cliff over and over.
    You nailed it for me. I was just about to post something to this effect, but you said it much better. I often feel stupid because it takes me years to figure out things that other people seem to discover at age 7.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    My room mate recently tested as INFJ but I suspect she's more ISFJ. She doesn't seem to have common sense, if were basing intelligent on common sense. Then she's a moron. Then again I thin after the tenth time of trying you should be able to use the pass to get on the train (she couldn't insert the right way, she had every way but the correct way.) I finally pointed out that arrows actaully mean something. Then she told me how she got on the train going to wrong way and ended up in the suburbs, I mean it takes about an hour any line to get to the suburbs, and they announce it every stop this is a "northbound redline train to howard"

Also very into fashion, and tends to believe what other's tell her. Hell she wears heels to walk around chicago then complains how her feet hurt. And when you're like then don't wear heels, she's like well then I won't look good and everyone will notice. I'm like no one will care. Or very few people.

Or maybe I'm mis typed as an ISFP if so disregard this post.
    So basically, like hotmale said, dumb NFs are really dumb SFs. Got it!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    So basically, like hotmale said, dumb NFs are really dumb SFs. Got it!
    I mean I've been questioning it before this thread, I had her typed as an ISFJ then she told me she was an INFJ. I mean could be wrong and she could be actually an INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    The point of which is that I've never met a known NF irl who was unintelligent. They usually have plenty of rope to hang themselves with.
    Hehe good one !

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    So what you're really saying is "stupid NFs" are really stupid, mistested SFs.

Namely ISFJs who think they're INFPs/INFJs and then going on all the MBTI sites telling everyone how they hate other SJs?!

Makes sense.
    Well, it made sense to all the Really Unintelligent N's!

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    You know, that's probably the best way I've heard it phrased.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

I know plenty, and they are DEFINITELY N.
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

How about Ralph Wiggum and Millhouse? ENFP and INFP, respectively.