• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] 18 year old ENFJ guy seeking INFP girl

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*sigh* It's a tough breed to find. I think I'm going to start a new thread...

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
Please bare in mind though that ENFJ and INFP are perfect opposites function wise:

INFP: Fi Ne Si Te - Fe Ni Se Ti
ENFJ: Fe Ni Se Ti - Fi Ne Si Te

This means that your all of your prefered functions are exactly her shadow functions, and visa versa. You won't be able empathize very easily with her frustrations because your strengths lie in the very area that her weaknesses lie, and visa versa. The attraction of opposites is very strong at first, but after time you start realizing that being around her strengths does not cause them to rub off on you, and visa versa for her, and eventually your strengths become a source of frustration for her, and hers for you.

For instance, ENFJs tend to be very pragmatic, but INFPs for the most part are just not. I expect your INFP love to feel like you always have a nice creatively practical solution for the things that she struggles with, which may have a way of making her feel rather dense and frustrated with herself sometimes. Conversely some of her strengths may appear to you like she is analyzing her navel. I would expect you to clash most often over her lack of organization, and your probable need to have things all planned out and nailed down well in advance versus her preference to just take things as they come. I just wanted you to be entering your relationship with the INFP love of your life, with your eyes wide open.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Please bare in mind though that ENFJ and INFP are perfect opposites function wise:

This means that your all of your prefered functions are exactly her shadow functions, and visa versa. You won't be able empathize very easily with her frustrations because your strengths lie in the very area that her weaknesses lie, and visa versa. The attraction of opposites is very strong at first, but after time you start realizing that being around her strengths does not cause them to rub off on you, and visa versa for her, and eventually your strengths become a source of frustration for her, and hers for you.

For instance, ENFJs tend to be very pragmatic, but INFPs for the most part are just not. I expect your INFP love to feel like you always have a nice creatively practical solution for the things that she struggles with, which may have a way of making her feel rather dense and frustrated with herself sometimes. Conversely some of her strengths may appear to you like she is analyzing her navel. I would expect you to clash most often over her lack of organization, and your probable need to have things all planned out and nailed down well in advance versus her preference to just take things as they come. I just wanted you to be entering your relationship with the INFP love of your life, with your eyes wide open.

This could happen, but it's not the definitive story.
It depends on the individual and their individual functions.
For example, I'm a strong N. Like 91%. If I'm with a weak N, there may be more clashing than if I were with another strong N. Same thing with an ENFJ. If he has a strong J, then he may clash more with a P partner; however, if his J is moderate to low (balanced) and her P is moderate to low (balanced), then they can work! It really just depends.

angelsinging

MBTI Type
INFP
haha, i am an INFP but you are to young for me. And we are living too far away, i am in New Zealand. Anyway, good luck!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Actually, ESTJ is our shadow, but I see your point.

I think the opposites can be complementary in balanced individuals. Most of the ENFJs I know are not overly structured. NFJs are often not as externally structured as most Js, because idealists just aren't going to be that pragmatic. I find them socially structured, which is wonderful for me, because I am terrible at organizing my social life. There's enough room for spontaneity in their life to not stifle me, but enough planning to benefit me.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, ESTJ is our shadow, but I see your point.

I think the opposites can be complementary in balanced individuals. Most of the ENFJs I know are not overly structured. NFJs are often not as externally structured as most Js, because idealists just aren't going to be that pragmatic. I find them socially structured, which is wonderful for me, because I am terrible at organizing my social life. There's enough room for spontaneity in their life to not stifle me, but enough planning to benefit me.

As Lenore Thomson points out, ENFJ are J's *in the social world*, and also are the least J of all the J's.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Why don't you go outside and scream, "WHERE ARE YOU, INFP WOMEN?!"
And then the ones that aren't walking away from you really fast while giving dirty looks over their shoulders are probably INFPs. Probably.

Hahaha. XD

There probably aren't a lot of INFP women outside, though. Try shouting that inside a library. :D

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An INFP is for life, not just for christmass. :steam:

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Damn. Right type, right age range, right interests, WRONG side of the Atlantic. :rolleyes:

I'm an INFP who loves ENFJs. In my experience there can be type-related friction when you get very close but that's true of most relationships one way or another.

What about other ENFJs Sad Lounge? Apparently ENFJ-ENFJ pairs report the most satisfaction with their relationships of any MB pairing, or something like that.

Ontheroad

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm an eighteen year old INFP:) I bet you know a few. INFPs look great of paper, but in real life I've been called flakey, out of touch with reality, and pretty disorganized. Just saying, we're not perfect.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an eighteen year old INFP:) I bet you know a few. INFPs look great of paper, but in real life I've been called flakey, out of touch with reality, and pretty disorganized. Just saying, we're not perfect.

He's an idealist though, so he'll need to be bit a few times first. :D

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm an 18 year old infp but i'm not trying to pick up guys off the internet haha

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
bahaha.... hey tho, you never know what you might find on here! ;)

true
i'm pretty shallow though when it comes to guys, i'd need a picture ;)

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Woah... I live near there (15-20 minutes away?)! Cat's out of the bag now! I'm near your age too, but I'm an INFJ
... if it makes a difference, I'm a scatter-brained/sloppy INFJ.

Freaky.

I dibs you.