User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

*sigh* It's a tough breed to find. I think I'm going to start a new thread...
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP

Please bare in mind though that ENFJ and INFP are perfect opposites function wise:

INFP: Fi Ne Si Te - Fe Ni Se Ti
    ENFJ: Fe Ni Se Ti - Fi Ne Si Te

This means that your all of your prefered functions are exactly her shadow functions, and visa versa. You won't be able empathize very easily with her frustrations because your strengths lie in the very area that her weaknesses lie, and visa versa. The attraction of opposites is very strong at first, but after time you start realizing that being around her strengths does not cause them to rub off on you, and visa versa for her, and eventually your strengths become a source of frustration for her, and hers for you.

For instance, ENFJs tend to be very pragmatic, but INFPs for the most part are just not. I expect your INFP love to feel like you always have a nice creatively practical solution for the things that she struggles with, which may have a way of making her feel rather dense and frustrated with herself sometimes. Conversely some of her strengths may appear to you like she is analyzing her navel. I would expect you to clash most often over her lack of organization, and your probable need to have things all planned out and nailed down well in advance versus her preference to just take things as they come. I just wanted you to be entering your relationship with the INFP love of your life, with your eyes wide open.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by will5250 View Post
    Please bare in mind though that ENFJ and INFP are perfect opposites function wise:

This means that your all of your prefered functions are exactly her shadow functions, and visa versa. You won't be able empathize very easily with her frustrations because your strengths lie in the very area that her weaknesses lie, and visa versa. The attraction of opposites is very strong at first, but after time you start realizing that being around her strengths does not cause them to rub off on you, and visa versa for her, and eventually your strengths become a source of frustration for her, and hers for you.

For instance, ENFJs tend to be very pragmatic, but INFPs for the most part are just not. I expect your INFP love to feel like you always have a nice creatively practical solution for the things that she struggles with, which may have a way of making her feel rather dense and frustrated with herself sometimes. Conversely some of her strengths may appear to you like she is analyzing her navel. I would expect you to clash most often over her lack of organization, and your probable need to have things all planned out and nailed down well in advance versus her preference to just take things as they come. I just wanted you to be entering your relationship with the INFP love of your life, with your eyes wide open.
    This could happen, but it's not the definitive story.
    It depends on the individual and their individual functions.
    For example, I'm a strong N. Like 91%. If I'm with a weak N, there may be more clashing than if I were with another strong N. Same thing with an ENFJ. If he has a strong J, then he may clash more with a P partner; however, if his J is moderate to low (balanced) and her P is moderate to low (balanced), then they can work! It really just depends.

MBTI
    INFP

haha, i am an INFP but you are to young for me. And we are living too far away, i am in New Zealand. Anyway, good luck!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by will5250 View Post

Actually, ESTJ is our shadow, but I see your point.

I think the opposites can be complementary in balanced individuals. Most of the ENFJs I know are not overly structured. NFJs are often not as externally structured as most Js, because idealists just aren't going to be that pragmatic. I find them socially structured, which is wonderful for me, because I am terrible at organizing my social life. There's enough room for spontaneity in their life to not stifle me, but enough planning to benefit me.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Actually, ESTJ is our shadow, but I see your point.

I think the opposites can be complementary in balanced individuals. Most of the ENFJs I know are not overly structured. NFJs are often not as externally structured as most Js, because idealists just aren't going to be that pragmatic. I find them socially structured, which is wonderful for me, because I am terrible at organizing my social life. There's enough room for spontaneity in their life to not stifle me, but enough planning to benefit me.
    As Lenore Thomson points out, ENFJ are J's *in the social world*, and also are the least J of all the J's.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    Why don't you go outside and scream, "WHERE ARE YOU, INFP WOMEN?!"
    And then the ones that aren't walking away from you really fast while giving dirty looks over their shoulders are probably INFPs. Probably.
    Hahaha. XD

There probably aren't a lot of INFP women outside, though. Try shouting that inside a library.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

An INFP is for life, not just for christmass. :steam:
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Damn. Right type, right age range, right interests, WRONG side of the Atlantic.

I'm an INFP who loves ENFJs. In my experience there can be type-related friction when you get very close but that's true of most relationships one way or another.

What about other ENFJs Sad Lounge? Apparently ENFJ-ENFJ pairs report the most satisfaction with their relationships of any MB pairing, or something like that.

MBTI
    UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    INFP women respond well to shirtless pics. I PM them to each one I see.

LIES! I have not received a picture yet. :1377: