• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs! What Is Your Favorite Way to Exercise

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Walking somewhere beautiful or dancing.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not a fan of setting aside specific moments to go to a gym and use workout equipment. I tried it out for a few weeks, and I just couldn't enjoy being in a sweaty, crowded public place for that long...

I prefer walking places, and bikeriding [alone, more often than not]. Housecleaning is surprisingly a decent workout as well, at the right pace.

And of course, the walkman is a must. :yes:

[INFJ] Posted that ^ 10yrs ago. It still applies as far as gyms go. Gyms are gross. However with chronic hip problems in recent yrs I’ve become quite attached to my stationary bike at home. That, & listening to fast music or watching a suspenseful/scary show is quite fun. I also do stuff with dumbbells afterward for upper body, and floor mat exercises I picked up in physical therapy for core strengthening. Can’t listen to music with those. Music messes up my rep counts.

Swimming is great, too, but I don’t have access often to swimming areas.

I still like walking, but not for exercise on its own. I have physical limitations at the moment, so I can’t go too far without getting sore. Running is completely out.

Bike is still the best for me. I’m a creature of habit. :shrug:

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Used to like self-defence training a lot before I started having joint problems.

I guess nowadays it would be dancing.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I need more of that, but I like exercises machines, especially exercise bikes and weight machines. If I'm a gym I'm more encouraged to exercise cause I want to try out all the different machines, and I like to challenge myself with how much I can lift. I also enjoy dancing around the house with my headphones blasting as well as taking nature walks, tennis, and gardening.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pretty much solely walking, which I'm not really proud of lol.

I uh, walk... And that's it. I can't say I have a favourite exercise, since they all bore me. At least I can think while I walk.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sort of just put earbuds in my ears and go outside, and it varies between walking, jogging, skipping, jumping, etc. for 1 to 2 hours nearly daily. XD

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sort of just put earbuds in my ears and go outside, and it varies between walking, jogging, skipping, jumping, etc. for 1 to 2 hours nearly daily. XD

That's actually usually what exercise consists of for me, more or less, although I haven't done much of that recently. It's not even that I don't like the cold, it's just that my mood has meant I haven't had the energy. I've been thinking lately I should pick up some indoor exercise as a habit for those situations.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Running - currently i have resumed my running and it helps me mentally especially in dark moments … I run 3 miles 5 times a week at the moment. working on my 10K

Mole

Permabanned
I dance to Rock 'n' Roll for hours at a time. First I become hot and sweaty, and I keep going, and I reach a second wind and feel I can dance forever, and I keep going, and then I reach dancer's or runner's high, where my brain is flooded with endorphins, a natural narcotic.

Faery

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lifting weights and cardio. I follow an app or video because the structure helps me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
love long walks or hikes in scenic places but also like listening to a great new dj set and just doing weights + treadmill at the gym for a couple hours.

i think i want to try paddleboarding soon tho. that seems fun-ish

Pikaqiu

MBTI Type
ENFP
I picked up jump rope as it is easy to do every morning for around 5-15 minutes a day. It does help in putting exercise in the schedule of a procrastinator. :p