• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] If you had to be an NT . . .

Which NT?

• INTP

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 28 18.9%
  • ENTP

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • An NT? No way!

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I first got into MBTI, I thought I was INTP (as I often test that way), and it upset me. So let's rule that out :tongue:
NTJs just seem too uptight over stupid stuff. I'll go with ENTP. As mentioned, they seem the least lame :D

Really though, I like being an NF :)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^Drat! Another example of the ENTPs sweeping up the default vote

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Unbenannt3.jpg

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hah! When I saw the poll results MC Hammers song "Can't Touch This" immediately started playing in my head....

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm conflicted between ENTP and INTJ. I know I'd want to stay N dominant.

It very much depends on *which* ENTP or INTJ I'd end up being like. For instance, I wouldn't mind being an Aerithria, Night, Lethe, or Economica kind of INTJ, but I wouldn't want to be the INTJ123, INTJMom, or Edgar kind of INTJ.

I also wouldn't mind being a jenocyde, Katsuni, or substitute kind of ENTP, but I wouldn't particularly want to be the entropie (no offense), Oberon, Antimony, or tinkerbell kind of ENTP.

This isn't because I dislike the individuals I listed for who I don't want to be like, or anything like that, but because there are just certain ways I like to be, certain vibes I like to give, and certain ways I don't. It's hard to explain to anyone who hasn't had the same experience.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
:confused:

Seem being the operative word.

I really am happy. I can't compare myself to other NTs, however, because I don't know what it's like to be them. Maybe other ENTPs are more tortured than I am? Don't know.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
None taken, it's a stony path

Yep. See, the reason I added that by your name, is because I actually kind of like you, but I just don't *get* you a lot of the time. I suppose what I based that list on, wasn't how much I like or dislike the person, but whether or not I can "make sense of" how they behave, whether I could imagine thinking in a way that would lead me to make the same choices as them more than, say, 70% of the time.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I really am happy. I can't compare myself to other NTs, however, because I don't know what it's like to be them. Maybe other ENTPs are more tortured than I am? Don't know.

Oh, no, I just meant that I highly doubt that ENTPs are more psychologically healthy than other NTs (which is what CC's quote implied).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yep. See, the reason I added that by your name, is because I actually kind of like you, but I just don't *get* you a lot of the time. I suppose what I based that list on, wasn't how much I like or dislike the person, but whether or not I can "make sense of" how they behave, whether I could imagine thinking in a way that would lead me to make the same choices as them more than, say, 70% of the time.

It's ok, dont think about it too much. I have seen a different world than you have and I gave that idea some thought lately.

I came to the conclusion that it is no matter about "who was there or done that", cause everybody perceives and experiences the world a different way.

Therefore it is absolutely possible that we both got the same idea, but just originate from different planets. And thats an idea, I can fall in love with.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
ENTJ - Interesting and get stuff done. Seem to mature faster than the NTP types. If I'm making up for lost time I need to get as far as I can as quickly as possible.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I picked INTJ because I am fascinated with their brains. I like my global learner tendencies but I really admire the INTJ ability for their depth of knowledge on the subjects that interest them. All of the INTJs in my life are also very interesting people with a range of interests.

What I could do without, however, is their social awkwardness and paranoia. :hug: I love my INTJ peeps but being an NF does have its advantages.

On second thought, I think I'd stay NF and just develop my Ti and J side more. I don't think I'd like to trade in the empathy that we are naturally awarded. I like my warm and squishy worldview. It has its place. Thanks!

Also :hug: for the ENTJs -- real softies when you get to know them and can actually help them see where they may be stepping on people's....I'm going to say it, people... "feelings". There, don't we all feel better now? :smile:

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
Whoa, after seeing how popular ENTP's are, I now refuse! :steam: Now I want to be INTJ, instead.

Okay, just kidding. I was actually very conflicted between ENTP or INTJ, but after a quick eni-meeni-mini-mo I went with ENTP. I love both types equally though! :wubbie:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
ENTP for me. I have a very ENTP-like side of myself that rarely comes out, and it is just dying for more attention.:D

Mine is around all the time! I call it my 'Bullshit for the sake of humor and no thought goes unsaid' side. After wielding it for a while, though, I need to rev down a few gears and have my me time.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ, because of people like Nietzsche, Sartre, and Rand, who were passionate and creative. The other NTs make a lot of important contributions, and they can be great friends, but INTJ is a style that seems to suit me more.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give me ENTJ. Get shit done, organize the world, be sexually agressive and have an itty bitty mushy heart :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJ, because of people like Nietzsche, Sartre, and Rand, who were passionate and creative. The other NTs make a lot of important contributions, and they can be great friends, but INTJ is a style that seems to suit me more.

That makes sense, actually. You have Fi and Ni as two of your strongest functions. All that would really change is you'd develop Te.

Give me ENTJ. Get shit done, organize the world, be sexually agressive and have an itty bitty mushy heart :D

I've heard that ENFPs often learn to mimic ExTJs when they get into business. It's very possible you'll eventually grow in that direction.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ When you use the tertiary and inferior functions due to stress and the primary/secondary functions needing a break, you appear as kind of a childish version of the type that shares only the first letter with you.

Ergo, ENFPs in stressed-out-and-time-to-get-shit-done mode appear temporarily like ESTJs.