• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] If you had to be an NT . . .

Which NT?

• INTP

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 28 18.9%
  • ENTP

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • An NT? No way!

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which type would you pick, and why?

Thought I'd try to balance out the equation a little. I mean - who really wants to be an NT anyway?

I voted ENTJ, as they are somewhat of an ESTP analogue, and I tested as one 10 years ago.

My brother is an INTJ, and although I respect him immensley, I know that if I were one, he would most likely dissolve me into some type of silicon goo and upload me to a server far, far away so he had no competition whatsoever on my Dad's basement computer network.

As an ENTJ though, it seems like we'd be able to maintain harmony, as we'd be competing for different resources. :cheese:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I voted ENTP because I loved one once and he loved me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I voted ENTJ simply because I've always wondered what it's like to be That Powerful Person. I'm always saying Damn the Man and for 24 hours I would be willing to try out what it would be like to be the N-variation of "The Man."

My second choice is INTJ, because I find them fascinating.

ENTPs are highly overrated.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
the scores as of monday:
22 INTP
24 INTJ
40 ENTP
28 ENTJ
9 NT no way

that means that 123 people voted.
in the NT forum you'd be lucky to get 23 participants.

this is irrelevant to the thread, but it's an interesting fact.

[see what i did there? i made it look like i was gonna brag for ENTPs or something, but i came out of left field with a joke]

BlueSprout

/X\(:: :: )/X\
MBTI Type
pfni
Enneagram
ENTx, because they seem to like the view from the top well enough. :D

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTP! They're so cool!

You should vote for them, too! Your dreams will come true.*

*Results may vary

Qre:us

Yes, I'm serious. Even an ENTP said the same thing in this thread, and another ENTP basically confirmed that's what they did.

Like I said, another ENTP said the same earlier in this thread. There's nothing startling about trying to understand why the poll is going the way it's a going. Also

Hey! For the record, I meant it as a joke, and BlahBlahNounBlah, when "confirming it", was also playing along with the joke.

I personally have not voted either way, because, as an ENTP, I want to win. And, gloat to myself for being the winner, rather than the weiner. And, knowing that I skewed the votes will not make me feel like a winner...just a pathetic weiner, so I wouldn't vote. The need to know that ENTPs are the most popular will likely win out over the need to "pretend" that ENTPs are the most popular. Call it our delusional arrogance. ;)
Hence, I have a feeling most ENTPs will not vote for themselves in this poll (jokes aside).

Of course, I can't be sure, and neither can ya. :D

Shaunward

I don't get why people seem to think ENTPs have more fun than ENTJs. When ENTPs have to get organised for work and such, do you think they enjoy that? It's not fun for them like it is for ENTJs. ENTJs love and enjoy being organised, love and enjoy creating order.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 4 ORGANISING!!! Gee golly I cant wait to get home and organize some shit tonight. Maybe I'll create some order with my insect collection.

When ENTPs have to get organised for work and such, do you think they enjoy that?

I cant speak for anyone else, but I don't get organized for work. I work best under pressure. Right before a deadline.

On topic; I voted for "An NT? No way!". I wouldn't want to be any other NT.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
INTPs are :heart:.. I voted that.

Tofu562

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENTP... my dad is an ENTP. I envy his abilities. and i feel like such a disappointment to him sometimes, being an ENFP.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP. I don't know much about them, but i don't think i could pass up being extraverted. If i had to, INTP would be my next choice.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Everybody wants to be entp but still, when I lay down naked on the floor and demand immediant satisfication I get laughed at or people moan about me being a dick.

So what is it that drives you, you double-faced liars ?

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
The highs more than make up for the lows. :cheers:

I like NTs, but being one? Eh. Many seem pretty passionless, I think that would get boring after some time. But then again, if I actually were one, I wouldn't know any other way of being... Hmmm.

Passion is the most important thing about my life. I am passionate about so many things and in so many ways- about ideas, about friends, about communities, about music, about systems, about education, about learning, about freedom, about travel, about experiences...

I would sooner lose my intellect than my capacity for awe, for desire, for wonder and for splendor.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTPs are special people; we can't have too many of you around, it would be like too much eating too much candy

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Why would I ever want to be a diminished/delusional/narcissistic form of myself?

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Of all the robots...

INTJ.
It's their austerity. Their cool. Their efficiency. Their autonomy. The lack of BS involved in meandering which I engage in by nature.

Ni, I love thee.
Sincerely,
-Xell

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
Though my first pick would be ENTJ (because from personal experience I can objectively say we are awesome), my second choice would be INTJ. INTJs to me are the funniest, most intelligent, and rational of us all.