Thread: INFP Attraction

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Okay, who said 4w3 INFPs love obsession? Was that you, BlackCat? :steam:

I need space. Obsession freaks me out. I need to ease into that sort of thing, though I suppose my SJ mom rubbed off on me growing up on being "logical" in relationships. It's a trait I carry to this day, and which nags me at strange moments.

As for you, Fuzz, my first love was an ENFJ and a part of me still has a harmless girl crush on that boy. So if your type is any indication, you are an INFP magnet.

What I find attractive, hmm...this list fluctuates but always has:

Passion.
    Perspective.
    Self-confidence.
    Initiative. (I don't initiate anything )
    Intelligence.
    Kindness.
    Patience. (Because I won't speak my mind until I feel like it! )

But I need to trust him. Really, in a relationship I desperately need a best friend. If you're not that close to me, or I can't let you get that close to me, you're going to get an uncooperative human being on your hands:

"What's wrong?"
    "Nothing! "
    "..."
    "...?"
    "-sigh-"

4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

almost every guy i've been attracted to has been a ExxP. since i'm pretty shy i wouldn't do well with another introvert because i'm not willing to make the effort. i need for the guy to be aggressive enough to make the first move.

MBTI
    INFx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Personally, I've come to love NT types. I love and really appreciate that they call me out when I am being ridiculous and I think they have the best sense of humor.

Ginkgo

I value integrity first and foremost, because I hate having to analyze flaky women. Sure, it's a nice puzzle to solve every once in a while, but love isn't about puzzles.

I like abstract conversations about the world and systems. This could be why some of my best friends over the years were ENTPs and INTPs.

Being appreciated for my gifts is extremely important because I feel that I have several that I never have the chance to use. If some little lady approached me one day and asked me to paint for her or write something, I would be enthralled with joy.

I like all functions, to be honest. Some more than others, but I know how to alter myself to suite a person's mentality. I can tell you that my least favorite functions are Se and - to a lesser extent - Si. Extroverted Se users literally drain my energy like vampires. If you plan on finding an INFP mate, don't succumb to tertiary temptation.

My very favorite functions are Ne, Fe, and Ni because they tend to be the most "socially appreciative" functions.

EDIT: I also despise small talk. I sometimes wish that people would just delve right in to meaningful conversations. Unfortunately, the population is overrun with sensors, so this is a rare occurrence for me.

I knew an INFP girl who seemed extremely withdrawn and jaded on the exterior, but one day I decided to start talking politics and religion, and her face lit up like a light bulb.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsWoman View Post

Different thought: Trust is when I can allow myself to get mad at you and you won't go away.
    This statement resonates with me.

MBTI
    INFP

^ I can kind of relate to that. I'm so dense sometimes. And I'm often afraid that I am just assuming things though I can really sense something sometimes! Lol.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Okay, who said 4w3 INFPs love obsession? Was that you, BlackCat? :steam:

I need space. Obsession freaks me out. I need to ease into that sort of thing, though I suppose my SJ mom rubbed off on me growing up on being "logical" in relationships. It's a trait I carry to this day, and which nags me at strange moments.

As for you, Fuzz, my first love was an ENFJ and a part of me still has a harmless girl crush on that boy. So if your type is any indication, you are an INFP magnet.

What I find attractive, hmm...this list fluctuates but always has:

Passion.
    Perspective.
    Self-confidence.
    Initiative. (I don't initiate anything )
    Intelligence.
    Kindness.
    Patience. (Because I won't speak my mind until I feel like it! )

But I need to trust him. Really, in a relationship I desperately need a best friend. If you're not that close to me, or I can't let you get that close to me, you're going to get an uncooperative human being on your hands:

"What's wrong?"
    "Nothing! "
    "..."
    "...?"
    "-sigh-"

Interesting...let me see here...
    Passion. Oh yeah.
    Perspective. Like a Betazoid.
    Self-confidence. Sometimes, I have too much.
    Initiative. (I don't initiate anything ) I wanna press the big red button!!! :crazy:
    Intelligence. I think so. Most people believe that I'm above average.
    Kindness. This one is hard to show totally, unless I trust you.
    Patience. (Because I won't speak my mind until I feel like it! ) That's what computer games are for...but sometimes I do get when I put my heart out there and the answer requires a lot of thought. Those times are good for me though, any thing that doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.
    Trust. Most people trust me. I cannot betray the one I love. I'd rather die.

Now all I gotz ta do is camp out at a library until one of you comes along and spills your latte all over a book or something to give me a chance to be Prince Charming. *sigh*
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    EDIT: I also despise small talk. I sometimes wish that people would just delve right in to meaningful conversations. Unfortunately, the population is overrun with sensors, so this is a rare occurrence for me.

I knew an INFP girl who seemed extremely withdrawn and jaded on the exterior, but one day I decided to start talking politics and religion, and her face lit up like a light bulb.
    Very true.

I really don't mind people just jumping into random, meaty conversation. It's quite refreshing, and I will definitely be more responsive. I have nothing to say in small talk and draw huge blanks, and so I find myself following some social script in asking the "right " questions and giving the "appropriate" responses. I probably come off as a bit slow and dull, until someone brings up a topic that I have thoughts on and you can't shut me up .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Very true.

I really don't mind people just jumping into random, meaty conversation. It's quite refreshing, and I will definitely be more responsive. I have nothing to say in small talk and draw huge blanks, and so I find myself following some social script in asking the "right " questions and giving the "appropriate" responses. I probably come off as a bit slow and dull, until someone brings up a topic that I have thoughts on and you can't shut me up .
    Yeah, sounds about right on this end too. I never knew people wanted to know I put 4 sugars in my coffee and no cream when I'm not adding hot chocolate...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm attracted to those who are able to come to most decisions on their own. Or those who genuinely need an ear to listen to them.

People who post a 1k times in one internet thread or rattle off in real life, no thanks. The more one says, the less one's words mean is my motto.

thinking of you