User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by lbloom View Post
    A close friend of mine is an INFJ. He sucks at arithmetic, especially of the mental-calculation variety. He really enjoys advanced graduate mathematics.
    Interesting... I have the same experience with arithmetic... show me a bunch of numbers and ask me to add or subtract them quickly and I'll start panicking. I was fairly good at math in high school though, so long as I have my trusty sidekick... *hugs her scientific calculator*

I'm not bad with reading graphs and figures... I squeaked in an A in multivariable calc class a couple of years back. Being able to visualize figures and mentally slice and rotate them made the understanding easier. Although I have to say I've completely forgotten everything on calc now... XP

In short, Mathematics has never been my most favourite subject in school. However I still did fairly well in it.

MBTI
    INFJ

I hated math until the fourth time I took algebra, and I began to "get" it. For some reason I loved physics, too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by OctaviaCaesar View Post
    I hated math until the fourth time I took algebra, and I began to "get" it. For some reason I loved physics, too.
    lol i took algebra 4 times too. i still haven't grasped any of it. Physics wasn't any better. I was lucky that i didn't need it to graduate.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by quietgirl View Post
    I'm definitely a math person. I was always a differential equations fan.
    Wow! Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by kyrielle
    Oh dear god, I'm horrible at mental arithmetic. And I hate it! Because it makes me sound like a retard who doesn't know how add/subtract...etc. I don't know why, but my ability to do math in my head has slipped drastically in the last few years. Guess it's just not that important that I don't use it enough.
    Me too. In fact my slothlike manner in computing scrabble scores mentally over the past yr or so has begun to put fear in me!! I mean, I was never good at it, but now that I haven't needed to do math for over 7 yrs, I'm much worse!

MBTI
    infp

No, I really can't stand math. My teacher was worried at the beginning of the year when I said I was taking math so I would never have to do it again, and that I did not like anything about math, but she has since foudn that I'm actually pretty positive. I am positive, because thats the best way to get the math done so I never have to think about it again. As soon as I finish grade 11 math, I'm never touching it again. In fact, I might burn my notes to celebrate

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I really love math, but didn't go very far in my study - only through college algebra. I recently bought all the quick study guides through Calculus, but who knows if i'll ever have the time to learn it. If i were crazy rich and never had to worry about investing in things to pay the bills, i might focus on studying math. It is so beautiful, perfect, and one of the few things in the world that actually makes sense, that you can count on. I get math munchies when the world makes the least sense to me.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    I'd never choose it as my career path, (I'd die of boredom) but in school most of it clicked relatively easily for me. And there was something so nice about being able to complete 30 little questions this hour or whatever. It made me feel accomplished. Instead of silly essays which took you two hours and you were still in the middle of it.
    Yes...exactly.

Thing is, I make so many little mistakes all the time.

edit: then again...I like a lot of things..
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know about NF's who like math, but here's an NT who hates it

Actually, my brother (ENFP) was always good at math. I don't think he really loved it though. He's just generally good at most things, which doesn't mean he likes them all. I know the feeling
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    infp

One thing I should add is that my dislike of math gets multiplied by the classroom setting. I have it last period, so by the end of the day I'm tired and I'm sick of being surrounded by people (in classrooms, in the halls, it gets claustrophobic), so I have a bit of a hard time concentrating, particularly because my teacher is extremely extraverted and likes the class to really discuss things and work in groups. I find that I don't dislike it so much when I work one on one with my tutor, and I understand it much better, too. I still don't enjoy it, though.

MBTI
    INFJ

Math is wonderful! I absolutely love almost every aspect of math, from simple arithmetic (there is so much in just the fact that we have this concept we call math!) to differential equations, abstract algebra, and very fun proofs.
    There was one math class I didn't like - Linear Algebra. It wasn't because the material wasn't fun, but because the proofs often rested on just one little characteristic or detail that didn't seem important. The answers often held no conceptual meaning for me. I like thinking about math, math philosophy, reading about the math cult of Pythagoras... amazing stuff! And now that I sound like more of a nerd than I have since undergrad, it's time to stop...