• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs with NFs

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
They're wonderful people. I just get worn out after awhile. It would be refreshing to have a relationship with someone who is more of a giver than a taker for a change.
Are you implying that INFPs are takers?

:shocking:

SheWaits

MBTI Type
INFJ
Are you implying that INFPs are takers?

:shocking:

Not a global reference that all INFPs are takers. The people I've encountered who are high in Fi drain my resources. Like, having to clarify everything I say to make sure I don't hurt their feelings, and assuring them I didn't say one thing but really mean another.

Like I said, they're wonderful people...but they wear me out after awhile.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Not a global reference that all INFPs are takers. The people I've encountered who are high in Fi drain my resources. Like, having to clarify everything I say to make sure I don't hurt their feelings, and assuring them I didn't say one thing but really mean another.

I get that, we have a need to understand people, especially those who are close to us, their feelings, their thoughts, their intentions, their worries, their desires, etc.

But, when and if we love you, we love so freely and deeply.

I can't recall a single relationship I've been in where I have been the taker.

If anything, the absolute opposite is true.

:)

SheWaits

MBTI Type
INFJ
My son is INFP, so I understand the warmth, genuine concern, good will, and giving nature of INFPs. He's the apple of my eye, and we understand each other very well. Would never want to give the impression that they are "takers." I could have worded the earlier post a little differently.

The two long relationships I've had with high Fi people were all about them. I found that I was the one who always thought of their needs and they were only too happy to let me cater to them...it was mostly a one-way street. For once, I would love to feel treasured and be treated like fine China. Not all the time, and not excessively so...I'm just a girl that's never been pampered or felt protected. That would be nice for a change.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4

1. NFs, have you been with other NFs?

.....If so, does this description ring true to you?

My current BF is an ENFP, my last ENFJ and before that INFJ. I am an NF addict. It is all pretty spot on.

2. If you are an NF currently in a relationship with another NF, how is it going?

.....What, if any, are the main issues you struggle with?

.....Any tips for other NFs with NFs?

I struggle with, and always struggle with, a conflict in values. There is no deterring NFs from adhering to their often ridiculous values. Often their only use for logic is in twisting it to advance their crap.

Advice? Despite the massive quantities of communication NFs always have with one another they still tend to leave crucial info out of conversation for whatever reason. It's important to make sure you communicate the stuff that really matters and articulately because NFs have wild imaginations and can fill in gaps in the most bizarre sense.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The two long relationships I've had with high Fi people were all about them. I found that I was the one who always thought of their needs and they were only too happy to let me cater to them...it was mostly a one-way street. For once, I would love to feel treasured and be treated like fine China. Not all the time, and not excessively so...I'm just a girl that's never been pampered or felt protected. That would be nice for a change.
That's too bad!!!

And, I feel you, sister!

Women need to feel as though their partners are not just self-obsessed assholes.

:hug:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Yeah, my ENFP has incredibly high Fi and that is a contention in our relationship. We both need to be emotionally soothed and I appear to be the only one with developed Fe.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
1. NFs, have you been with other NFs?

I tend to date other NFs. I'm drawn to other feelers for romance. Fi is like CRACK. I seriously keep on falling for INFPs (who are always sooo cute but immature or "dealing with problems") I don't know what's wrong with me - and no I'm not trying to 'fix' people!

Also, the Ni/Fe combo can be really magnetic to me. Two of the most affectionate and warmest people I have known (and dated) were an INFP and an INFJ respectively.

I know there is a lot of of NT/NF mutual attraction from the boards, but I would not want to date an NT. I have a lot of NT friends and have been involved with an INTP before.

Based on my friendships and past experience - it's not what I want in a romantic relationship.

For me NF/NF is not too much, at all. I like muchly the warmth of Fe as well as the curious nature of Fi (it's gooey inside a cold prickly contrarian exterior! LOL)

.....If so, does this description ring true to you?

That was a too long description. And kinda depressing. But yes, basically it can be passionate but also tumultuous. I find that when dating more sensitive and needy NFs, I turn into the "bad cop" emotionally but as far as practical matters the other person takes the lead more.

Also, when you feel you know someone well (because they are so similar to you) you can feel greater frustration with them and have less patience with them.

I find with INFJs moreso than ENFPs it takes a while to get a rhythm going or get through that Fe wall? I dunno what it is. All I know is that I had to stop dating this INFJ to establish an emotional connection with her and start dating again.

INFJs are very similar to INTJs when you are just getting to know them.

2. If you are an NF currently in a relationship with another NF, how is it going?

.....What, if any, are the main issues you struggle with?

.....Any tips for other NFs with NFs?

Man, if you are ENFP or INFP and you think someone ELSE is overly sensitive - something's wrong! I tend to think the INFPs I date are extremely sensitive. INFJs overthink things.

The most important thing for two NFs dating is to be very very honest and forthcoming. INFPs especially have a tendency to withdraw or put up with things that they don't like and only tell you much later. Fi makes you withdraw when you are hurt and if this happens to often soon the relationship has just gone to hell and it takes a lot of work to bring it back.

There is a lot of "processing" with an NF-NF pairing. Sometimes too much (I know this and the above paragraph seem to contradict each other). The overthinking just kills things and makes problems worse. NFs need to take a step back, breathe, and either learn to just enjoy each other's company or else let go.

3. If you're curious about the NF-NF pairing, does this description help you at all?

Not really...I just say it's "like crack". Much better description. And shorter, too. :D

[quote/]
Your feedback would be very much appreciated. :)[/QUOTE]

You are welcome! :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My son is INFP, so I understand the warmth, genuine concern, good will, and giving nature of INFPs. He's the apple of my eye, and we understand each other very well. Would never want to give the impression that they are "takers." I could have worded the earlier post a little differently.

You reap what you sow. This is an issue I have with Fe types. Don't sacrifice yourself expecting something in return. And voice your needs, instead of acting like stoic caregivers or something...

(no I have never dated an FJ, but I see a pattern in FJs not feeling appreciated)

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

That happened with my INFP girlfriend for a while, but eventually she trusted me completely, and then all of that stuff stopped. Those times were very rocky and dramatic, but it was more than worth the effort; helping her to feel totally secure in our relationship has been one of the best things I've done in my life, especially in how it's helped her with her views on life in general and enabling her to be more open with others. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Male ENFJs...:drool:

They're just as decisive and determined as their T cousins (major turn on!), and turn my own tricks back at me (charming my pants off! :steam:). The delirium you can get from flirting with one is mindboggling :drool: :drool: :drool:

SheWaits

MBTI Type
INFJ
You reap what you sow. This is an issue I have with Fe types. Don't sacrifice yourself expecting something in return. And voice your needs, instead of acting like stoic caregivers or something...

(no I have never dated an FJ, but I see a pattern in FJs not feeling appreciated)

Yeah, that's probably it. Mega-martyr who saves the world and wants so much in return.

Our very nature is to be concerned about the needs of other people...and we don't expect anything in return. We don't want to be repaid for what we do. We want somebody to actually give to us because they want to, not because we deserve it, and not out of manipulation in order to get something else they want.

Fe understands Fi, but IMMATURE Fi has no clue about Fe. Did everyone see the word IMMATURE? KEY WORD THERE. So don't skip over that word and assume I'm bashing all Fi's. Add to that the impulsivity of the IMMATURE Se, and you have a self-serving experience junkie who thinks they've hit the lottery when they rope in an Fe.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And an immature Fe can severely mess up and traumatize a Fi with their guilttripping and manipulation skills. Let's not go there, shall we?

Oh and, I can tell you now that Fe may scratch the surface of Fi, but it generally doesn't get it either, at least not fully, ime, though there is some common ground that can be worked with.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*crosses arms* Amargith, I agree, so why don't we open up that can of worms? ^+1 to that too. I HATE immature Fe. The Matriarch in my family leads with Fe, my bosses both lead with Fe; none of them matured past age 16, and all of them are 40+.

*grabs can opener* I'll gladly tear apart my own lead function.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah, that's probably it. Mega-martyr who saves the world and wants so much in return.

Our very nature is to be concerned about the needs of other people...and we don't expect anything in return. We don't want to be repaid for what we do. We want somebody to actually give to us because they want to, not because we deserve it, and not out of manipulation in order to get something else they want.

If Fi users aren't giving you these things because they simply don't care (which btw goes against the "very nature" of Fi), then maybe you need another FJ. Or just choose people based on what they DO give you.

Fe understands Fi, but IMMATURE Fi has no clue about Fe. Did everyone see the word IMMATURE? KEY WORD THERE. So don't skip over that word and assume I'm bashing all Fi's. Add to that the impulsivity of the IMMATURE Se, and you have a self-serving experience junkie who thinks they've hit the lottery when they rope in an Fe.

Enter "communication". It's there for when you don't always atuomatically understand the other party. Most people don't read minds.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe, I appreciate it, Fuzz, though I'm going to take the other approach. Everyone starts out 'immature'. If you consider yourself mature, I think part of that is giving immature people the time to figure out how to mature. And realizing that you yourself were once that way. So no, I won't tear apart immature Fe or Fi. I won't deny the harmfull effects they can have, but it's part of life to deal with these things.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just so long as we're clear that I am aware both sides of the fence have the potential to be flawed. I grew up around SJs; sometimes I feel as though certain people are a lost cause, until I realize that is my ego talking, and just because I have no ability to/involvement in "saving them", doesn't mean they won't find the path to maturity another way. *sigh*

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I deleted an earlier post because I wasn't sure where that quote came from initially. Empathy to me is important, but I found the description a bit suffocating.

I don't think of it as a mystical connection as much as a desire for a complete connection in which both people have full opportunity to grow. I'm also rather pliable and adaptable. I don't have to have things a certain way in order to respond to someone. Overall, I'm more understated and adaptable than the description suggests.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To the Fe vs Fi debate: Whether a person will care or not has nothing to do with whether they are using Fe or Fi primarily. These are just theoretical constructs. In reality I see most people with a firm grasp on Fe have a firm grasp on Fi, and vice versa, in terms of connecting with others. I got along with my NFP brother and father better than my FJ mother and sister since as long as I can remember. They definitely loved and understood me and I they. I think the capacity for caring and understanding transcends MBTI.