User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 82

Thread: NFs with NFs

  1. #41
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    To the Fe vs Fi debate: Whether a person will care or not has nothing to do with whether they are using Fe or Fi primarily. These are just theoretical constructs. In reality I see most people with a firm grasp on Fe have a firm grasp on Fi, and vice versa, in terms of connecting with others. I got along with my NFP brother and father better than my FJ mother and sister since as long as I can remember. They definitely loved and understood me and I they. I think the capacity for caring and understanding transcends MBTI.
    I dunno Lauren.. Do we really understand the person or do we accept them and then make assumptions about their intent based upon incorrect interpretations?

    I actually much like INFJs. ISFJs can be disabling in organizational structures but I love them for the fact that they do care.

    Fe doms are very alien to me-especially ENFJs. I am learning Fe but it is so very different from Fi.

  2. #42
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    I dunno Lauren.. Do we really understand the person or do we accept them and then make assumptions about their intent based upon incorrect interpretations?
    Maybe some people do that. Which is why I say the capacity for understanding transcends MBTI. If I really care about a person I will take the time to understand them and not make incorrect assumptions. Over time, even if I didn't initially, I will truly understand them. This goes for two Fe dom/aux's trying to reach an understanding, as well an Fe dom/aux and Fi dom/aux. My closest friends tend to be ENxPs...I doubt they would say I don't really understand and am only making assumptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    Fe doms are very alien to me-especially ENFJs. I am learning Fe but it is so very different from Fi.
    What don't you understand?

  3. #43
    Junior Member SheWaits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    If Fi users aren't giving you these things because they simply don't care (which btw goes against the "very nature" of Fi), then maybe you need another FJ. Or just choose people based on what they DO give you.

    Enter "communication". It's there for when you don't always atuomatically understand the other party. Most people don't read minds.
    It's obvious you know a lot about me, although your earlier post mentions that you've only observed FJs. Anyone who has really experienced an FJ would never use the word "stoic" to describe one. That would be TJ, and a true TJ would take that as a compliment. Stoic caregiver is an oxymoron. You might do well to go back and study your functions so you can type people correctly.

    I find it interesting that you're obviously labeling people whom you've "observed;" however, you don't even seem to be sure of your own type.

    I do see one statement you made that I can agree with, and that's the inference that I would be happier with another FJ.
    Last edited by SheWaits; 10-23-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Additional thought: Never mind, you claim to be 8w9, which is naturally combative...we're finished here.
    "Idealists expect to discover a deeper meaning in almost everything, as profound truths can be extrapolated from even the most transparent of subjects. We would do well to realize, though, that some things are exactly what they seem." ~Myself

  4. #44
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWaits View Post
    It's obvious you know a lot about me, although your earlier post mentions that you've only observed FJs. Anyone who has really experienced an FJ would never use the word "stoic" to describe one.
    They might show their pain in some forms but I know quite a few FJs that will never overtly complain about their situation. Yes, they can be very stoic from what I've experienced. I know plenty of FJs. In my core family alone there are at least 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWaits View Post
    That would be TJ, and a true TJ would take that as a compliment. Stoic caregiver is an oxymoron. You might do well to go back and study your functions so you can type people correctly.
    Stoic caregiver is definitely not an oxymoron. I've know plenty of FJs who dedicated their very lives to helping others end endured it despite mentally and physically drained the whole time. And I didn't use stoic as an insult so much as acknowledging a fact. They would do better to rest their Fe once in a while and think about themselves.

    I find it interesting that you're obviously labeling people whom you've "observed;" however, you don't even seem to be sure of your own type.
    I find it interesting you seem to think I'm not sure of my own type.

  5. #45
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Actually I've always wanted to ask how you experience Fe. I mean, I'm quite good at Fe myself, but I use it as a tool and always as an aid to NeFi. But I don't *feel* it. I don't feel the motivation of Fe as it is just a tool. Whereas Fi I live and breathe..couldn't imagine living without it. So I'd love to know how you live and breathe Fe..what that's like.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #46
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Actually I've always wanted to ask how you experience Fe. I mean, I'm quite good at Fe myself, but I use it as a tool and always as an aid to NeFi. But I don't *feel* it. I don't feel the motivation of Fe as it is just a tool. Whereas Fi I live and breathe..couldn't imagine living without it. So I'd love to know how you live and breathe Fe..what that's like.
    Is this directed towards me? I would tell you how I experience Fe, but I doubt it is very much different from how you experience Fi...in addition to that I find it difficult if not impossible to separate Ni and Fe.

  7. #47
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    At any Fe user

    I've found it to be very different from Fi. As for seperating, that isn't necessary, if it isn't possible
    I guess Ne and Fi is hard to seperate as well, come to think of it..
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #48
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    At any Fe user

    I've found it to be very different from Fi. As for seperating, that isn't necessary, if it isn't possible
    I guess Ne and Fi is hard to seperate as well, come to think of it..
    I don't personally. I think Ne (as opposed to Se) just makes it even more introspective and mind the different possibilities and implications.

  9. #49
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    I dunno, Sy...Ne constantly feeds Fi info to judge, to bounce of, to look at from all angles which then again requires Ne to conceive and thinks of those angles...I'm much more aware of the fact that I'm using Fi than I am of the fact that I'm using Ne..so I'm not sure if I can seperate the two coz I could just not be aware of the fact that I'm using Ne without realizing it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #50
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I dunno, Sy...Ne constantly feeds Fi info to judge, to bounce of, to look at from all angles which then again requires Ne to conceive and thinks of those angles...I'm much more aware of the fact that I'm using Fi than I am of the fact that I'm using Ne..so I'm not sure if I can seperate the two coz I could just not be aware of the fact that I'm using Ne without realizing it.
    I see Ne as breadth and Fi as depth. When focusing on a particular issue I can definitely see Fi as more apparent. But yeah, the use of auxiliary is always more conscious if you ask me.

    Hmm I think I do know what Fi is though. And I can clearly differentiate it from Ne. I use Ne to constantly rebuild my values, but I also know the criteria they need to conform to (Fi). Fi is simply congruence irrespective of context.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] How should one deal with NF's that are being overly emotional?
    By ajblaise in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 11:30 AM
  2. [NF] NFs: How do you deal with depression?
    By DigitalMethod in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 06:35 PM
  3. [NF] NFs, how do you deal with Thinking...
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 10:34 PM
  4. [MBTItm] NF type male, with a T type female.
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 05:49 PM
  5. [MBTItm] SFPs involved with NFs?
    By lookoutbelow84093 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 01:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO