Thread: NFs with NFs

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Male ENFJs...

They're just as decisive and determined as their T cousins (major turn on!), and turn my own tricks back at me (charming my pants off! :steam. The delirium you can get from flirting with one is mindboggling
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You reap what you sow. This is an issue I have with Fe types. Don't sacrifice yourself expecting something in return. And voice your needs, instead of acting like stoic caregivers or something...

(no I have never dated an FJ, but I see a pattern in FJs not feeling appreciated)
    Yeah, that's probably it. Mega-martyr who saves the world and wants so much in return.

Our very nature is to be concerned about the needs of other people...and we don't expect anything in return. We don't want to be repaid for what we do. We want somebody to actually give to us because they want to, not because we deserve it, and not out of manipulation in order to get something else they want.

Fe understands Fi, but IMMATURE Fi has no clue about Fe. Did everyone see the word IMMATURE? KEY WORD THERE. So don't skip over that word and assume I'm bashing all Fi's. Add to that the impulsivity of the IMMATURE Se, and you have a self-serving experience junkie who thinks they've hit the lottery when they rope in an Fe.
    "Idealists expect to discover a deeper meaning in almost everything, as profound truths can be extrapolated from even the most transparent of subjects. We would do well to realize, though, that some things are exactly what they seem." ~Myself

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

^ This, +1.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

And an immature Fe can severely mess up and traumatize a Fi with their guilttripping and manipulation skills. Let's not go there, shall we?

Oh and, I can tell you now that Fe may scratch the surface of Fi, but it generally doesn't get it either, at least not fully, ime, though there is some common ground that can be worked with.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

*crosses arms* Amargith, I agree, so why don't we open up that can of worms? ^+1 to that too. I HATE immature Fe. The Matriarch in my family leads with Fe, my bosses both lead with Fe; none of them matured past age 16, and all of them are 40+.

*grabs can opener* I'll gladly tear apart my own lead function.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SheWaits View Post
    Yeah, that's probably it. Mega-martyr who saves the world and wants so much in return.

Our very nature is to be concerned about the needs of other people...and we don't expect anything in return. We don't want to be repaid for what we do. We want somebody to actually give to us because they want to, not because we deserve it, and not out of manipulation in order to get something else they want.
    If Fi users aren't giving you these things because they simply don't care (which btw goes against the "very nature" of Fi), then maybe you need another FJ. Or just choose people based on what they DO give you.

Fe understands Fi, but IMMATURE Fi has no clue about Fe. Did everyone see the word IMMATURE? KEY WORD THERE. So don't skip over that word and assume I'm bashing all Fi's. Add to that the impulsivity of the IMMATURE Se, and you have a self-serving experience junkie who thinks they've hit the lottery when they rope in an Fe.
    Enter "communication". It's there for when you don't always atuomatically understand the other party. Most people don't read minds.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hehe, I appreciate it, Fuzz, though I'm going to take the other approach. Everyone starts out 'immature'. If you consider yourself mature, I think part of that is giving immature people the time to figure out how to mature. And realizing that you yourself were once that way. So no, I won't tear apart immature Fe or Fi. I won't deny the harmfull effects they can have, but it's part of life to deal with these things.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Just so long as we're clear that I am aware both sides of the fence have the potential to be flawed. I grew up around SJs; sometimes I feel as though certain people are a lost cause, until I realize that is my ego talking, and just because I have no ability to/involvement in "saving them", doesn't mean they won't find the path to maturity another way. *sigh*
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I deleted an earlier post because I wasn't sure where that quote came from initially. Empathy to me is important, but I found the description a bit suffocating.

I don't think of it as a mystical connection as much as a desire for a complete connection in which both people have full opportunity to grow. I'm also rather pliable and adaptable. I don't have to have things a certain way in order to respond to someone. Overall, I'm more understated and adaptable than the description suggests.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

To the Fe vs Fi debate: Whether a person will care or not has nothing to do with whether they are using Fe or Fi primarily. These are just theoretical constructs. In reality I see most people with a firm grasp on Fe have a firm grasp on Fi, and vice versa, in terms of connecting with others. I got along with my NFP brother and father better than my FJ mother and sister since as long as I can remember. They definitely loved and understood me and I they. I think the capacity for caring and understanding transcends MBTI.