• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFP compatibility

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Based on MBTI, which types are most likely to become best, best, best friends with INFPs? Just wondering.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For relationships INFPs seem to most commonly hook up with other NFs, SFJs, or __TJs, ISTJ being the most common hookup.

As for friends anything goes.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ENFP! followed by ISFPs. Then probably INTPs and ENTPs. I think INFPs can learn from them and vice versa.

although INFPs should be able to be everyone's friend.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP, definitely.

INFPs make good buddies also, provided there isn't a clash of values.

ENFJs & INTPs have been my best guy friends - they can be awesome.

I have several ESFP friends and we actually get along really well. I listen to their drama and provide a shoulder and they lighten me up a bit :D.

Hands Mechanical

MBTI Type
INFP
Usually N and P are shared, in my experience. I have friends of pretty much every type, but I seem really to connect easily with other INFPs (usually, unless I find them pathetic/underdeveloped), ENFPs, INTPs, INTJs, and INFJs.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think INTP or INTJ...keeps us grounded :p

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I pretty much get along best with
INTPs, ISFPs, ESFJs, ISTJs, ESFPs.
I'm friendly with pretty much anyone
as long as their healthy you know?
I have yet to meet and get to know
INFJs/INTJs/ENTJs/ etc in person :O.

Father was an INTP
Mother is ESFJ
sis 1 is ISFJ
sis 2 ESFP
Neice 1: ISFP
Nephew: ENTP
Neice 2: most likely a INFP like me lol.
BFF 1: ESFJ
BFF 2 ISTJ
BFF 3: eSFP
BFF 4: ESFP
I get along really great with my best friends
with BFF 1 there's like an unspoken sisterly bond,
same for the ISTJ. We just get each other and
we support each other.
My mom and I get along really great
and she has taught me alot. Used to be friction
Fi versus Fe but now it's like we work together
alot better :D. I love my mom hehe.
My dad is the only other N in the family so
I felt our bond was a unique one and
we would go about things in a very similar
manner. Got along really well and
i find he would at least engage my
imagination as a child even when i was in my teens.

Well I tried to shorten it lol.
Hope it's helpful :D.

Hands Mechanical

MBTI Type
INFP

This is true. Usually these friendships don't end up being very "deep" or attached, but the ESTJ friends in my extended circle are some of the most fun to casually banter with and tease back and forth, or just generally be around in a social situation. I presume the ease with which I can do this comes from the INFP ability to ESTJ-mask-ify ourselves when necessary.

B

brainheart

All my very best friends, oddly enough, have been INFPs- I guess because we feel so comfortable opening up with each other. Otherwise, mainly SPs. A couple of SJs and NTs, but those tend to be the most problematic relationships for me, I've noticed- unless they stay more in the realm of acquaintance vs really close. Ps overall, though. I think Js get fed up with my lack of reciprocity. And I start to feel like I'm letting them down, which increases my tendency to distance myself.

Last edited:

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
My best friend is an ISTJ, and my g/f is an ENFJ. A number of my better friends are INTP's, an I think INxx is probably the most frequent combination for people I hang out with.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFPs have been my favorite thus far. I have a soft spot for some SPs as well.

frecklegirl

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I get along really well with my ENFP friend, barring some silly conflicts we had early on in the friendship. :)

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
All of my great friendships have been with other Ns, but I tend to have a lot of nice yet fleeting friendships with SPs, whom I can't seem to get very deep with them, and lasting friendships with SJs, whom I tend to trust more because of their loyalty to our friendship.

I know there's a lot of ENFP praise here, but I don't personally know any :(.

G

Ginkgo

I truly think that INFPs can get along with everyone because the Fi+Ne combo is naturally geared toward acceptance. However, if you offend them enough, they may not like you; regardless of what type you are.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I know there's a lot of ENFP praise here, but I don't personally know any :(.

Man, you're missing out. I don't know how old you are, but I didn't meet any ENFPs until I was 20, and didn't befriend any of those I met until I was 21 (ok, they befriended me) . I hated their guts initially because they were so popular and, more importantly, so well-liked by everyone who liked me.

As an INFP you can usually spot an ENFP because they are the fun people who notice bizarre details and are inexplicably fascinated by every real thing you have to say.

Hazle Weatherfield

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w4
My closest relationships have been with INFJ, INTP, INTJ, xNFP, and ENTP. So mostly Ns. I know an ESFJ and we connect and get along well, but I don't see her nearly enough to actually cultivate a deeper relationship. I can see how being closer friends with her though would energize my social tendencies. But these other people are the type I can just BE with and stare at the ceiling, or watch movies, or work on separate projects and really really get something out of it.

Mystic Tater is right though. I do tend to be so accepting that I attract a wide variety of (sometimes quite odd) folks simply because I'll listen to them, but then some are douches, and I stop listening so well.