• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP and ADHD/ADD?

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I'm an only child too and I have been told to have ADD as well...
Its funny though how I can seem to do things great when I feel passionate about them :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
having no focus for things we find boring is not the same as ADD...am i missing something? i didn't read all of it haha...

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Of course its not the same as ADD. But someone with ADD might be able to concentrate better than ANY once they are passionate about it ^^

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you think? hmm...maybe

Chloe

having no focus for things we find boring is not the same as ADD...am i missing something? i didn't read all of it haha...

haha, this was exactly going through my head while I was trying to get this thread (without too much reading :D)

Of course its not the same as ADD. But someone with ADD might be able to concentrate better than ANY once they are passionate about it ^^

what? :shock:

Pristinegirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
you think? hmm...maybe

Yea if something is on the verge, it has shown that people with ADD may triumph and basically outdo themselves; by managing to be attentive and concentrate better than any other.

So then I would definetly imagine that ENFPs with ADD are one of those who manage pull through with that :)

Kyi

MBTI Type
ENFP
Are people with ADD more likely to be ENFPs? Or the other way around?

I definitely have trouble focusing on things I have no interest in. I struggled in school because of that, but I never went on any medication for it. I honestly feel like I would have done a lot better if I had but thats all in retrospect.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I actually have ADD. I'm an adult and holy shit it gets in the way. There are times when I am sitting here, knowing that I have to start doing something, and literally being incapable of just... doing it. It sucks. I've recently started buying Adderal from friends and I'm getting a prescription as soon as possible, but the things I accomplish when I'm actually on medication for it is astounding.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I actually have ADD. I'm an adult and holy shit it gets in the way. There are times when I am sitting here, knowing that I have to start doing something, and literally being incapable of just... doing it. It sucks. I've recently started buying Adderal from friends and I'm getting a prescription as soon as possible, but the things I accomplish when I'm actually on medication for it is astounding.

What's the closest thing to a natural/organic treatment for ADD? I wonder if there's something out there for people that have trouble focusing without actually having a condition.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What's the closest thing to a natural/organic treatment for ADD? I wonder if there's something out there for people that have trouble focusing without actually having a condition.

Watch the film but here are some things that help:

1. Exercise
2. Omega 3 supplements
3. Good diet and sleep

Just conjecture:
4. Avoiding caffeine if you're ADD-inattentive, may help for ADHD

5. Good routine/habits help everyone. Structure is especially important for ADDers. Suggestions in The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp are all user friendly.
6. Meditation
7. Better organization of environment.