User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Charmain View Post
    I am exactly the same and I am INFP. I think it's introversion.
    I think that INFJs are more likely to physically escape from uncomfortable situations in an effort to regain their composure. INFPs, on the other hand, "freeze" and space out into their own dream worlds. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course, both of these types require time alone because they are introverts.

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I have definitely brought a book to a party before, on more than one occasion.
    ahaha, you actually sat there reading??

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    It takes me a loong time to get used to new situations/settings. Then once I do I feel completely comfortable. For instance, I hate going to parties. It makes me uncomfortable and whatnot. I don't mind it, however, when my boyfriend wants to have a party at his house. In this situation I feel comfortable since I am familiar with his house, even though I may not be with his friends. I can be way more outgoing and open in this situation than if it were all of the same people but at a different location. In that case I think that people would probably see me as a bitch because I tend to appear aloof and cold. I don't know if this is because I am an I or because I am an INFJ. I have heard that INFJs tend to appear to be cold though.
    The INFJ's I know appear......unresponsive, not so much cold. As if they are lost in their own world, not as if they don't care.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENFP

i'm trying to type my friend and I think he is an INFJ. Here are a couple traits...opinions?
    -very quiet unless around someone he's comfortable with (family usually)...and can become quite outgoing then

-apologizes a lot....I know this is an enfp trait but not sure if it's just an NF thing

-seems to have several new exciting life-plans going on at once, but doesn't take a step in the direction of any of them

-I have gotten really surprising flashes of anger when touching on subjects I had no idea he had feelings about.

....I don't really know a lot of J's so I don't know if that's what this is

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by allie bug View Post
    i'm trying to type my friend and I think he is an INFJ. Here are a couple traits...opinions?
    -very quiet unless around someone he's comfortable with (family usually)...and can become quite outgoing then

-apologizes a lot....I know this is an enfp trait but not sure if it's just an NF thing

-seems to have several new exciting life-plans going on at once, but doesn't take a step in the direction of any of them

-I have gotten really surprising flashes of anger when touching on subjects I had no idea he had feelings about.

Definitely an INFx. Tell me.......does he believe that there's a huge conspiracy involving the government, bananas and 9/11?
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

The bolded is not characteristic of INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

Was at a small gathering the other day, in which I didn't know approximately half the people. There were only eight of us, but I was tired and we were to play Cranium - which I hadn't played before and which seems somewhat like it can force you to be in the limelight.

One of the strangers exclaimed that I didn't show any emotion. Interesting. Must not have been very comfortable.

Usually I would find somewhere quieter and just move as Tater mentioned. Not really an option in that case.

Edit: I am very close to INXJ, so may show things somewhat differently to those with a more developed feeling function.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I think that INFJs are more likely to physically escape from uncomfortable situations in an effort to regain their composure. INFPs, on the other hand, "freeze" and space out into their own dream worlds. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course, both of these types require time alone because they are introverts.
    I do both .

INFPs are often cold and reserved externally also. The more well developed the extroverted function, the easier it is to tell between an INFP and INFJ, IMO, or any introvert really. I think INFJs come off warmer because of Fe, and they don't seem to lose their composure, but INFPs will come off a bit wacky when they get animated.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP

seems to have several new exciting life-plans going on at once, but doesn't take a step in the direction of any of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    The bolded is not characteristic of INFJ.
    how does this differ from an INFJ? Or rather, what type would you think this is associated with?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac_46 View Post
    Definitely an INFx. Tell me.......does he believe that there's a huge conspiracy involving the government, bananas and 9/11?
    haha no....I haven't heard any fruit-terrorist theories yet. probably because the only time he really opens up is when he's been drinking (which drives me CaRazy)