User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default My Fellow NFers, What Personality Books Do You Read?

Hey guys, tried posting this in the general forum, but nodody but Brainheart gave me any suggestions.

So what Myers-Briggs (MBTI) related books have you read/would like to read/would recommend?

Ennegram? I don't understand a thing about it, but I'd love to learn more...

Socionics? I've heard some screwy things, but I want to compare and contrast with MBTI...

Colors?...(no, not that one dude)

Other?

Any suggestions will probably be purchased by me and added to my library...so please, share. I am eager for knowledge.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENFP

I bought and read Keirsey's Please Understand Me II. But most of the MBTI information I get is from the Internet.

It's a very good book, and it deals with the actions and outlook of the four general types (SJ, SP, NF & NT) quite thoroughly. From how they view the future, to what brings them comfort, to how they act while dating.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Please Understand Me II was ALRIGHT. His SP descriptions are pretty much garbage, the entire ISFP profile is just basically about how they are artists... and I'm not an artist... so yeah. The first few paragraphs in each type profile that tell about mannerisms and views that they hold along with the temperament stuff is good, but the type profiles just don't seem good. They don't actually describe how the types think.

Lenore Thompson's book personality type is alright as well. She describes the types decently and she believes that you need to do work on the secondary function, and generally tells you how to do that. I personally found it useful for understanding how the dominant functions manifest themselves in people. Some of her stuff is great, other stuff is totally off. But for ISFP I had to get help from one of my friends on here to actually understand what she was explaining for me to do. Her book is sorta fishy...

If you want good type descriptions and function descriptions etc go to this website- it's all here. Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type It also includes what the types are like on a team, common type confusions, and just very good descriptions of profiles and functions. The profiles are short and sweet, and very to the point and very informative. They are based on interviews from people of that type. For me personally the ISFP profile is ridiculously accurate, pretty much spot on, and the ISFP on a team page is also very scary accurate.

As for enneagram the book that I have is this one- Amazon.com: The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types (9780553378207): Don Richard Riso, Russ Hudson: Books it's a good book.

As for socionics, there are books but I've never seen one before.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Please Understand Mes
    Just Your Type
    Deep Type
    Was That Really Me?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    I bought and read Keirsey's Please Understand Me II. But most of the MBTI information I get is from the Internet.
    I could have written that. I don't really like this book, though. I think there are many, really good materials on the Internet.

The other book I've read (and this one is actually very good) : 'Who is who? Personality Types for Managers' Michal ?akrt.
    (Unfortunately I'm afraid this recommendation is useless for 98% of people here since I've read it in Polish and it's a translation from Czech)

Also I cannot believe I'm saying this, but writings of Solitary Walker are worth reading, really interesting. (I copy it to word and make my own paragraphs!!! )
    "Act as though it was impossible to fail."
    Dorothea Brande

I started a real blog!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I own like 8-10 or more [and yes I've read each of them]. I'll post their titles later, gotta do some other stuff first.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Blackcat, I agree about Lenore...at the very most, it's fraud, and at the very least, she poorly organized and explained her ideas. I'm going with the ladder because the type descriptions seem to be really good. Hey guys, thanks for your suggestions, keep em comin.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

None.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Gifts Differing by Isabel Briggs Myers/Peter B. Myers. It was the first one I ever read and probably still my favourite.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

For MBTI, I like the David Keirsey books.

For Enneagram, I like the Riso & Hudson books. The Wisdom of the Enneagram is probably my favorite, but Understanding the Enneagram is also very good. I haven't read their main text (forget what it's called but it's an orange book) for awhile now, but it mainly introduced the E-types.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM