User Tag List

First 12

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Blackcat, I agree about Lenore...at the very most, it's fraud, and at the very least, she poorly organized and explained her ideas. I'm going with the ladder because the type descriptions seem to be really good. Hey guys, thanks for your suggestions, keep em comin.
    I agree to an extent as well about lenore. And sometimes when I read it I just wanted to throttle her when she brought out another Star Trek example. I mean, Jesus, talk about an obsessive trekkie. But I do like the detailed descriptions of the functions.

Although I think Understanding yourself and others: an introduction to the personality type code by Linda Berens and Dario Nardi might be better at explaining the functions and how they are displayed in all of the types. (And it's shorter.) But if you read it I would recommend avoiding the goofy exercises and just reading the descriptions of the types.

Yeah, bestfit is a good website, although I think I like the descriptions at geocities/lifexplore the best.

Forgot to add: I like how Lenore addresses self-improvement, although basically you could say for introverts you should get out of your head more and extroverts you should do more self-examination and pretty much cover it. Also, I didn't like Keirsey all that much. He makes all NFs seem like Mother Theresa, all SPs like Picasso or Paris Hilton, all NTs like robots, and all SJs like the biggest fuddy-duddy ever. That's something I like about the dominant function description a la Lenore vs temperament a la Keirsey. The type descriptions seem more real and less like caricatures.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I came across a book on the internet I would have liked to order that correlated different types to athletic ability. It would have been interesting to see what they had to say...

PUM I and II
    Everything on the subject on the internet.

I'm glad this thread is here though because I've wondered about checking out other stuff. Wonka sent me a nice list the other day.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Tieger and Barron-Tieger: Do what you Are [jobs], Speedreading people [quick IDing], Just Your Type [couples], Nurture By Nature [kids]
    Janet Penley: Motherstyles
    Renee Barron: What Type Am I?
    Donna Dunning: Your Type of Career
    Isabel Briggs Myers: Gifts Differing
    Lenore Thomson: Personality Type
    Brent Massey: Where in the World do I belong [countries]
    Kroeger and Theusen: Type Talk, Type Talk at Work, HOw to Love Your Lover [or whatever their relationship one is, [maybe another one of theirs as well???]
    Hirsh & Kumerow: Lifetypes, Worktypes

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Gordon Lawrence: People Types and Tiger Stripes [note: this is the only book ont he list that I have NOT actually read]

I think thats all of them, but there very well may be more