• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFPs Easy to Pick on?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You don't have to pick on us. Just compliment us on something we aren't especially strong on, and let us stew on that. We'll take it from there. :newwink:

Hah! Evil.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In real life, or on here? Makes no difference to me, but I'm curious.

:)

It's usually in a verbal way or something like that. Like, intentionally confusing you guys. It's so easy for me one to one! :tongue: With the INFPs I've met in real life and on here it's been very easy to mess with them.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
It's usually in a verbal way or something like that. Like, intentionally confusing you guys. It's so easy for me one to one! :tongue: With the INFPs I've met in real life and on here it's been very easy to mess with them.

Buncha sissies... :D

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
yes.
yes we are.
very much so.

Hell, I do it to INFPs all the time. >=/

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Only some are sissies...

The rest of us deal with it, and move on. :newwink:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Biaxident, it sounds as if your Te has taken over your soul.

also, everytime I see your username I think of fixodent.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

also, everytime I see your username I think of fixodent.

Nah...It's there when needed. I'm a big teddy bear.

Cool...I'm the glue that holds your dentures inside your head. There is an allegory in there somewhere :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Some of us are just sensitive and defensive in different ways. I don't take criticism particularly well, but bullying or mocking is something I shoot down pretty easily, outright ignore, or can dish back out without blinking an eye (I prefer the high road though). Maybe it is Te, but in this case, it's serving us well, IMO.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Some of us are just sensitive and defensive in different ways. I don't take criticism particularly well, but bullying or mocking is something I shoot down pretty easily, outright ignore, or can dish back out without blinking an eye (I prefer the high road though). Maybe it is Te, but in this case, it's serving us well, IMO.

And Orange is a Squishaluffagus... :D

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
Another possible contributor, a pattern I have observed in many, don't know about most, INFPs is they often look young for their age. This was certainly true of me. I have been accused of looking 10 to 15 years my junior for most of my life.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I dated two different INFPs who said either that people (strangers) often made fun of them or that they were used to people making fun of them. I honestly think the first woman was a little paranoid and overly sensitive (hahaha, I know "overly sensitive" is fighting words to an NF!) and she was always pointing out "that person is laughing at me" or somethiing like that. I think in both cases it was a combination of the women standing out physically and considering themselves quirky (and being female, etc.)

I remember I talked about this with an INFX and she said that she should have been a target for bullying in highschool but strangely she wasn't. Because she was self-possessed and didn't give off the "pick on me vibe" if that makes sense. A lot of times who gets picked on and who doesn't has to do with how you carry yourself and also (and this is a big one that doesn't get mentioned much) how OPEN and RECEPTIVE you are. Not necessarily how receptive and open (or even how "easy") you are when it comes to being picked on, but just receptive. XNFPs are very open and we default will accept at face value a lot of stuff and crazy and otherwise unacceptable behavior from people (okay, some of us).

I tried explaining some of this to the 2nd INFP woman I dated who told me she got picked on a lot but she took it badly and got defenseive, which I don't blame her for. It's hard to hear (true or not) the ways you contribute to things you don't like.

Also, she was picked on a bit in highschool but she was and is a very good looking woman (she is striking looking) and awkward so it was hard for her to make friends with other girls.

I used to get harassed on the street A LOT, VERY OFTEN when I was in my late teens. I also stood out more being a shaved head-ed dykey looking andro Asian girl but you get the gist? You give signals - visual or not - to people. I do not get harassed nearly as much anymore and yes I do look physically different now but I think moreso it is the way I carry myself. I also consider myself to be very, very normal and that helps alot. I'm not kidding. I think some people think of themselves as odd or think that the world thinks they are strange and that really affects the vibe you give off when you are just *being*.

Also, Fi sends out strange vibes to people around you - it's a combination of being "different" as well as "open" and possibly also "nice" that invites comments and also gives people the impression that you will take it. The odd one out is usually the target for bullying or being made fun of. I've really tried to reign in that Fi signal so as to control my environment more.

Friends and friends of friends used to heckle me mercilesslyto get a rise out of me. It was teasing bordering on being picked on or what they call being picked on "for good fun". I was told they wouldn't do it as much if it wasn't so easy or "fun" to get a rise out of me. I think it's an Fi thing? It doesn't happen nearly as much anymore because I don't react the same and it is no longer "fun" for others.

Having said all that - yes I can see why INFPs as a type are "easy to pick on" meaning it's likely they will get made fun of

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
When you turn red at the drop of a hat - or anything else - it seems that it's an invitation to be teased. I've finally learned to accept it gracefully - blushing and all - and usually give as good as I get. ---My sisters tease me about 'turning pretty colors'.

When I was in school it was too malicious - I learned to ignore most of it - to not respond (visibly), to be invisible. That ability I still use - but when there is humor and/or admiration present... 'pretty colors' is hardly the words for it.

StoryToTell

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
Luckily I stopped being teased after middle school. I think it has to do in large part with dropping poisonous old friends and getting new ones, which gave me more confidence.
I don't get teased, at least, nowadays. I've been told I constantly look angry (my "neutral" face :p ) and I come off as aloof or snobby so that probably also has a lot to do with it. It really is all about how you carry yourself.

I don't know about you guys but if the teasing is coming from a friend I don't really tease back- I just can't be bothered. I have one friend who loves to tease me because I never retaliate. I don't mind though :p

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I honestly think the first woman was a little paranoid and overly sensitive (hahaha, I know "overly sensitive" is fighting words to an NF!) and she was always pointing out "that person is laughing at me" or somethiing like that. I think in both cases it was a combination of the women standing out physically and considering themselves quirky (and being female, etc.)

This sounds like a slight paranoia that some introverts have. I can sometimes feel like people are staring at me in public (but not cuz they're laughing at me). I don't think I am attracting unusual attention, I am just not comfortable with much attention at all. I like to be a bit invisible, because I feel safer. Another form of sensitivity I suppose. Although, I admit I don't dress to be invisible, so I guess a part of me wants to stand out (the dichotomy that is an INFP :tongue: ).

qwertsquirt

MBTI Type
INFJ
all infx's are kind and quiet. good targets if your weak. its a trait we have but it's good though.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If infps would be easy to pick on, I would have slept with over 50 woman. If one is really assertive then maybe or has a split-tongue then maybe too.

But you know, deep down entps are a bunch of crybabys

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Sure it's easy, but it's not as easy, or as fun, as picking on ISTJs.