User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Some of us are just sensitive and defensive in different ways. I don't take criticism particularly well, but bullying or mocking is something I shoot down pretty easily, outright ignore, or can dish back out without blinking an eye (I prefer the high road though). Maybe it is Te, but in this case, it's serving us well, IMO.
    And Orange is a Squishaluffagus...

MBTI
    INFP

Another possible contributor, a pattern I have observed in many, don't know about most, INFPs is they often look young for their age. This was certainly true of me. I have been accused of looking 10 to 15 years my junior for most of my life.

MBTI
    GONE

I dated two different INFPs who said either that people (strangers) often made fun of them or that they were used to people making fun of them. I honestly think the first woman was a little paranoid and overly sensitive (hahaha, I know "overly sensitive" is fighting words to an NF!) and she was always pointing out "that person is laughing at me" or somethiing like that. I think in both cases it was a combination of the women standing out physically and considering themselves quirky (and being female, etc.)

I remember I talked about this with an INFX and she said that she should have been a target for bullying in highschool but strangely she wasn't. Because she was self-possessed and didn't give off the "pick on me vibe" if that makes sense. A lot of times who gets picked on and who doesn't has to do with how you carry yourself and also (and this is a big one that doesn't get mentioned much) how OPEN and RECEPTIVE you are. Not necessarily how receptive and open (or even how "easy") you are when it comes to being picked on, but just receptive. XNFPs are very open and we default will accept at face value a lot of stuff and crazy and otherwise unacceptable behavior from people (okay, some of us).

I tried explaining some of this to the 2nd INFP woman I dated who told me she got picked on a lot but she took it badly and got defenseive, which I don't blame her for. It's hard to hear (true or not) the ways you contribute to things you don't like.

Also, she was picked on a bit in highschool but she was and is a very good looking woman (she is striking looking) and awkward so it was hard for her to make friends with other girls.

I used to get harassed on the street A LOT, VERY OFTEN when I was in my late teens. I also stood out more being a shaved head-ed dykey looking andro Asian girl but you get the gist? You give signals - visual or not - to people. I do not get harassed nearly as much anymore and yes I do look physically different now but I think moreso it is the way I carry myself. I also consider myself to be very, very normal and that helps alot. I'm not kidding. I think some people think of themselves as odd or think that the world thinks they are strange and that really affects the vibe you give off when you are just *being*.

Also, Fi sends out strange vibes to people around you - it's a combination of being "different" as well as "open" and possibly also "nice" that invites comments and also gives people the impression that you will take it. The odd one out is usually the target for bullying or being made fun of. I've really tried to reign in that Fi signal so as to control my environment more.

Friends and friends of friends used to heckle me mercilesslyto get a rise out of me. It was teasing bordering on being picked on or what they call being picked on "for good fun". I was told they wouldn't do it as much if it wasn't so easy or "fun" to get a rise out of me. I think it's an Fi thing? It doesn't happen nearly as much anymore because I don't react the same and it is no longer "fun" for others.

Having said all that - yes I can see why INFPs as a type are "easy to pick on" meaning it's likely they will get made fun of
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

When you turn red at the drop of a hat - or anything else - it seems that it's an invitation to be teased. I've finally learned to accept it gracefully - blushing and all - and usually give as good as I get. ---My sisters tease me about 'turning pretty colors'.

When I was in school it was too malicious - I learned to ignore most of it - to not respond (visibly), to be invisible. That ability I still use - but when there is humor and/or admiration present... 'pretty colors' is hardly the words for it.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Luckily I stopped being teased after middle school. I think it has to do in large part with dropping poisonous old friends and getting new ones, which gave me more confidence.
    I don't get teased, at least, nowadays. I've been told I constantly look angry (my "neutral" face :p ) and I come off as aloof or snobby so that probably also has a lot to do with it. It really is all about how you carry yourself.

I don't know about you guys but if the teasing is coming from a friend I don't really tease back- I just can't be bothered. I have one friend who loves to tease me because I never retaliate. I don't mind though :p

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I honestly think the first woman was a little paranoid and overly sensitive (hahaha, I know "overly sensitive" is fighting words to an NF!) and she was always pointing out "that person is laughing at me" or somethiing like that. I think in both cases it was a combination of the women standing out physically and considering themselves quirky (and being female, etc.)
    This sounds like a slight paranoia that some introverts have. I can sometimes feel like people are staring at me in public (but not cuz they're laughing at me). I don't think I am attracting unusual attention, I am just not comfortable with much attention at all. I like to be a bit invisible, because I feel safer. Another form of sensitivity I suppose. Although, I admit I don't dress to be invisible, so I guess a part of me wants to stand out (the dichotomy that is an INFP ).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ

all infx's are kind and quiet. good targets if your weak. its a trait we have but it's good though.

The Mind is in essence our soul.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If infps would be easy to pick on, I would have slept with over 50 woman. If one is really assertive then maybe or has a split-tongue then maybe too.

But you know, deep down entps are a bunch of crybabys
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Sure it's easy, but it's not as easy, or as fun, as picking on ISTJs.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Sure it's easy, but it's not as easy, or as fun, as picking on ISTJs.

I prefer to pick on everyone.