User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    right on . It's hard as i've been there, but you can achieve that will power
    with practice .

Peacebaby indeed you are wise and very articulate .
    ok, i swear. every INFP i know says 'right on'
    xD
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I don't know why, but there's something about my appearance that says "pick on me". Ever since I was a wee lad, I have been pestered by random children. Even now that I am an adult, my friends think I am "easy to mess with". :steam: Furthermore, it seems that I am a primary target for those who want to borrow money (and never give it back).

Why is this? Do INFPs have some "essence" about them that indicates that we're door mats for other people? What can I do to fix my dilemma without sacrificing my "kind" exterior?

I want to keep my integrity, and I love helping those who ask for it; particularly in the academic arenas. Working to communicate with others in order to help them learn is ecstasy .
    I don't have any great advice, but I do have a story. I have three older siblings and when I was younger, they liked to tease me. Not because they were mean people or because they wanted to hurt me, but because they were entertained by my responses! Yes, I believe they were entertained because whenever I would respond by getting upset and "attacking" back they thought it soooo hilarious to get me riled up and would continue to do that. However, I did end up, at different intervals, throwing a science textbook at my sister's head and cut her lip open, throwing a fork in my sister's general direction but with no intent to harm her, swinging my baton (i was taking twirling lessons) full force into my bedroom door leaving a hole (i was very remorseful) because my brother pissed me off, and running away on a number of occasions always after I yelled "my own family is child abusing me!" I always returned for fear my dad, who was a general contractor and came home sometimes during the middle of the day, would see me outside our neighborhood and I would get in trouble for being so far from home.

Thank goodness I never had to learn what actual "by law" child abuse was, but, yeah, sometimes I think it has to do with my reactions and not so much initial reasons to step all over. But...being the youngest did pretty much offer me up as the doormat.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    ok, i swear. every INFP i know says 'right on'
    xD
    Right on!

I thought that would be more of an SP thing....although I suppose they'd use current slang. I prefer the outdated variety.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Right on!

I thought that would be more of an SP thing....although I suppose they'd use current slang. I prefer the outdated variety.
    well thats what i thought to, but i just hear it comming from INFP's. i think it has to do with like a vintage...old soul kinda vibe. atleast with the one's i know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w4

Quote Originally Posted by Hazle Weatherfield View Post
    I don't have any great advice, but I do have a story. I have three older siblings and when I was younger, they liked to tease me. Not because they were mean people or because they wanted to hurt me, but because they were entertained by my responses! Yes, I believe they were entertained because whenever I would respond by getting upset and "attacking" back they thought it soooo hilarious to get me riled up and would continue to do that. However, I did end up, at different intervals, throwing a science textbook at my sister's head and cut her lip open, throwing a fork in my sister's general direction but with no intent to harm her, swinging my baton (i was taking twirling lessons) full force into my bedroom door leaving a hole (i was very remorseful) because my brother pissed me off, and running away on a number of occasions always after I yelled "my own family is child abusing me!" I always returned for fear my dad, who was a general contractor and came home sometimes during the middle of the day, would see me outside our neighborhood and I would get in trouble for being so far from home.

Thank goodness I never had to learn what actual "by law" child abuse was, but, yeah, sometimes I think it has to do with my reactions and not so much initial reasons to step all over. But...being the youngest did pretty much offer me up as the doormat.
    I should follow up by sharing my siblings and I (all older) are so very close now and it is so very important to us all. The only type I know for sure is my older brother, INTP, but his twin may be ENTP, and my older sister maybe INFJ or ISFJ? Who knows, I'll find out more next weekend.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    well thats what i thought to, but i just hear it comming from INFP's. i think it has to do with like a vintage...old soul kinda vibe. atleast with the one's i know.
    Damn skippy...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

I find the problems with a lot of INFP's are:

- Being introverted they generally travel in smaller packs that make them more vulnerable to bullying. Then you also factor in the part how they are not that engaged with external reality makes them look like easy targets. Muggers for instance, will often only mug people who don't look aware of their surroundings.

- INFP's often have strange esoteric interests that subject them to discrimination

- Even though they often have a good sense of humor, they will sometimes take jokes too seriously and get easily strung along. They are very sensitive. This sensitivity makes them less likely to be tough and to submit in times of conflict.

- INFP's are rarely the possessors of prodigious physical skills since they often aren't interested in matters that would develop these skills.

So when you think of an oversensitive loner who is kind of weird, physically unintimidating and not watching where he's going, you can't help but think bullies must see a big red target on INFP's back. Again this is the negative stereotypical point of view of INFP's, but I imagine that's how bullies see them. I have an INFP who even though he's over 6 feet tall and 200lbs with just huge shoulders, still gets picked on. He even lets small children push him around.
    =universal solution

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_Siren View Post
    I find the problems with a lot of INFP's are:

- Being introverted they generally travel in smaller packs that make them more vulnerable to bullying. Then you also factor in the part how they are not that engaged with external reality makes them look like easy targets. Muggers for instance, will often only mug people who don't look aware of their surroundings.

- INFP's often have strange esoteric interests that subject them to discrimination

- Even though they often have a good sense of humor, they will sometimes take jokes too seriously and get easily strung along. They are very sensitive. This sensitivity makes them less likely to be tough and to submit in times of conflict.

- INFP's are rarely the possessors of prodigious physical skills since they often aren't interested in matters that would develop these skills.

So when you think of an oversensitive loner who is kind of weird, physically unintimidating and not watching where he's going, you can't help but think bullies must see a big red target on INFP's back. Again this is the negative stereotypical point of view of INFP's, but I imagine that's how bullies see them. I have an INFP who even though he's over 6 feet tall and 200lbs with just huge shoulders, still gets picked on. He even lets small children push him around.

*RWWWAAAWWR*!! I don't get picked on.

Small children are allowed.

MBTI
    INFP

You don't have to pick on us. Just compliment us on something we aren't especially strong on, and let us stew on that. We'll take it from there.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I find it very easy to mess with INFPs... but I only do that in a friendly banter sort of way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)