User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    You are gonna get reamed on this one. I'll just let the INFPs do it.
    Haha, bring it on

But soon ill get some sleep, its allready 4am here
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    In meny aspects, so meny that i cba to list them all. But theyr easy to pick on to person who wants to pick on to someone.
    You are gonna get reamed on this one. I'll just let the INFPs do it.
    One of the reasons we are easy to pick on is because we don't go for the finishing blow, even when it's right there for the taking.

Instead, I'll just point out this guy is trying to prove that we are easy to pick by well, picking on us using empty, unsubstantiated claims. If we get upset, we sort of prove his point. So I think it'll be more worthwhile to me to go off and play Scrabble with my cat.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Haha, bring it on

But soon ill get some sleep, its allready 4am here
    Not even a challenge...

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Hah! I KNEW you people couldn't be as innocent as you looked! Every INTJ on earth will now be informed of your duplicitous natures. Be prepared for your inevitable destruction!

Hehehe...

It only happens to people who deserve it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

When I first met my INFP friend, I used to joke around and poke fun at her all the time. See, I have the problem of assuming that everyone likes to play joke/make-fun of each other for fun like I do. This wasn't the case with the INFP. At first she would play along a little and give a sad sort of laugh of reluctance, but then after a while she'd do the stare tactic or the complete ignore, so I cut back. More recently, however, she'd give a perfectly calm and serious defense of the behavior I was mocking, which is just no fun at all.

In any case, though, it would only be fun if I completely outraged her, because otherwise she isn't the type that strikes back to keep the banter going.
    I like banter! As long as it's playful and not mean-spirited. There's a line of course, but most people know that.

I can get very mean if I'm not amused though, so it's better for me to glare than to snap back. I've really hurt people's feelings - except an INFP probably knows when they are hurting feelings, whereas NTs get to claim ignorance.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I like banter! As long as it's playful and not mean-spirited. There's a line of course, but most people know that.

I can get very mean if I'm not amused though, so it's better for me to glare than to snap back. I've really hurt people's feelings - except an INFP probably knows when they are hurting feelings, whereas NTs get to claim ignorance.

Banter is good.

I have hurt peoples feelings, deliberately. Because they deserved it for treating someone badly. And I have also done it unintentionally, for which I immediately apologize.

Plus, I have the added bonus of being able to turn them into a nice puddle on the floor if they push me too hard.

Though it seldom gets that far, and hasn't for a long time.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Maybe she's a little more sensitive than you are, but she doesn't like banter that's directed at her. She likes the normal kind of banter, where we make fun of someone else (although she has her limits here, whereas I fear I probably cross into her "malicious" category) or something else. She just doesn't take it well if I make fun of her, which I did often because she is so earnest about everything.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Maybe she's a little more sensitive than you are, but she doesn't like banter that's directed at her. She likes the normal kind of banter, where we make fun of someone else (although she has her limits here, whereas I fear I probably cross into her "malicious" category) or something else. She just doesn't take it well if I make fun of her, which I did often because she is so earnest about everything.
    I think the thing to remember is that INFPs are easygoing on many things because we don't care enough about them, but the things that we are passionate about, we invest our hearts into it because we used our Fi to make that decision. She may be earnest, but I doubt she is the type to just decide to start something on a whim. So if you "attack" her hobbies/causes/favourite singer, she will feel that you are attacking her values deep down inside her.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

If she can joke other people, but gets upset when she is joked, it's likely she deserves whatever teasing you give her. (As long as you don't go too far. No need to cause damage.)

I got picked on some as a kid, but also did my own share of picking on others and generally participating in the immature douchebaggery of the times...

I don't think I'm easy to pick on though, I defend myself pretty readily and get pretty fiery when I feel like I'm being condescended to or made fun of. That's not to say I'm easy to provoke, but if I feel someone is clearly out of line and offensive in their behavior towards me, I don't back down or ignore it. I'd rather get in a confrontation than have other people see me getting demeaned or humiliated by some asshat and just taking it.

Usually this works out well because when I get self-righteously indignant I spew caustic phrases and vitriol from every orifice.

This is learned behavior though, my natural response to being picked on is displeasure and avoidance. I think INFPs are certainly more prone to getting messed with. We feel the sting of other people's wanton cruelty more readily and deeply than most other types, and when that's combined with the tendency to avoid and ignore negative emotional factors and agents in our life, it makes it pretty easy for us to get picked on.