User Tag List

First 31394041

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    I cut all ties. It ain't happening again.
    With him, maybe. But C.S. Lewis was an INTJ too, and he was right:

To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The only place outside of heaven where you can be perfectly safe from the dangers of love is hell."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

Can I has a hug plz?
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

btw... reading this thread kind of reminds me of my friendship with an INTJ. this was some time ago and being introverts and living far away from each other we kind of lost touch over time (we still talk sometimes, but not that much). anyway... i always loved her mind and her efficiency. she was very loyal, also... all in all very sweet (although sometimes annoying), but she was kind of sad inside... really felt like she couldn't trust anyone.

i just wanted to make it better for her. i genuinely thought that i had something to give her... and vice versa. my eyes opened though, when i realized that i hit a nerve. i backed up, but it was too late. i felt like "oh no... now i have all this responsibility" ... because she really didn't seem to know what she was doing anymore after that. it was like she was expecting me to do something about it, but i didn't know what i was supposed to do. i thought we just shared thoughts, but i realized that what i had done was to make her doubt herself.

we stayed friends and i tried to be supportive, but i also kept my distance. i did it so that i wouldn't make things worse. i don't know how she felt about it, though. i kept getting this vibe that she thought that i was judging her, or that i didn't care about her, even though i wasn't and i did. i still do. now i'm just careful of what i say to her. all is well, if we don't get into deep conversations.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

btw... reading this thread kind of reminds me of my friendship with an INTJ. this was some time ago and being introverts and living far away from each other we kind of lost touch over time (we still talk sometimes, but not that much). anyway... i always loved her mind and her efficiency. she was very loyal, also... all in all very sweet (although sometimes annoying), but she was kind of sad inside... really felt like she couldn't trust anyone.

i just wanted to make it better for her. i genuinely thought that i had something to give her... and vice versa. my eyes opened though, when i realized that i hit a nerve. i backed up, but it was too late. i felt like "oh no... now i have all this responsibility" ... because she really didn't seem to know what she was doing anymore after that. it was like she was expecting me to do something about it, but i didn't know what i was supposed to do. i thought we just shared thoughts, but i realized that what i had done was to make her doubt herself.

we stayed friends and i tried to be supportive, but i also kept my distance. i did it so that i wouldn't make things worse. i don't know how she felt about it, though. i kept getting this vibe that she thought that i was judging her, or that i didn't care about her, even though i wasn't and i did. i still do. now i'm just careful of what i say to her. all is well, if we don't get into deep conversations.
    I always liked those INFPs..>3>
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."