User Tag List

First 233132333435 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by will5250 View Post
    I am tutoring a 3'rd grader who prides himself on his skills in being able to get out of things, instead of learning to work through them instead. At least in my student, I have caught it much earlier. Maybe by the time he reaches the age of your boyfriend he will already have moved past that childish stage.
    Good luck with the little munchkin.

I used to work with a woman who was great at the art of insulting people in such a manner that she always left herself an out under the guise that we must be misunderstanding her, that she didn't actually say that. It was very clever. I seldom took offense or called her on it because I happened to know she was a severe alcoholic and had a miserable marriage.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    Good luck with the little munchkin.

I used to work with a woman who was great at the art of insulting people in such a manner that she always left herself an out under the guise that we must be misunderstanding her, that she didn't actually say that. It was very clever. I seldom took offense or called her on it because I happened to know she was a severe alcoholic and had a miserable marriage.
    Yeah. Its hard to know/do what is needed in those situations. All the same the woman was still getting away with manipulating people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

INFP men are too..girly, for my tastes.
    Also too emotional and clingy.
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by MiasmaResonance View Post
    But you are an INTP. Wallpaper is too emotional and clingy for your taste.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

How many do you know?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    How many do you know?
    I love it when some folks here take a sample of one, and then declare their findings to be universal for all of that type. Many of the folks on the Wrong Planet Forum, which is a forum for people with Autistic Spectrum disorders, have a saying, "If you meet an Aspie, you have met one Aspie." They too don't appreciate people generalizing based upon their experience with one or two aspies, though this tendency appears to be a common human behavior. I agree with Biaxident. Please don't make assumptions about me, or people of any other type based upon your experiences with one or two people who happen to be my or their type.

MBTI
    INFP

Also there are two main categories of INFP: the immature ones that everyone associates as infp, and the rare, mature INFP that is almost the complete opposite in every way. Be patient and understanding till then, and we make up for it.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by jtanSis1 View Post
    Also there are two main categories of INFP: the immature ones that everyone associates as infp, and the rare, mature INFP that is almost the complete opposite in every way. Be patient and understanding till then, and we make up for it.
    This plus that post a bit back, or somewhere, where someone said they didn't know male INFPs existed, and another that said INFPs are so rare, kind of implies that many INFP males don't live long enough to reach maturity.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

In real life, mature male INFPs are probably rarely typed as male INFPs.

Not that I'm mature by any means, but I'd find it very unlikely that someone that knew me in real life would type me as INFP. The forum gets to see a side of me that people in real life rarely do. (Lucky you. )

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by MiasmaResonance View Post
    Whoa, dude. By virtue of the fact that I have many very WEIRD friends, I know a lot more INFP/ENFP males than most people know exist. I probably have six or seven male INFPs and a solid 15-20 male ENFPs in my immediate and extended social circle (thank you for those personality tests, Facebook! And, yes, I'm more or less sure that they were correctly identified based on my interactions with them).

I only know one REALLY unhealthy male INFP, and he has been carrying a torch for my best friend (ENTJ) for YEARS. He has been in some TRULY toxic relationships, and doesn't function very well. He'd be insulted if I called him an emo wussie because he's a big guy and not too bad-looking, but that's pretty much the story.

The other INFP men tend to have some issues, yes...but possibly as a result of getting teased or whatever...seem to have acquired interesting and completely masculine habits and hobbies. I like them. Among them are carpenters (), construction workers (Just hand me the Diet Coke already!! Men in nothing but jeans and boots need to line up outside my door, starting NOW), metal sculptors (NOM he looks good in a leather apron), artists (one of whom is a knight in a medieval recreation society, and HE looks HOT in chainmail with a battle axe, what with the broad shoulders and all), a guitarist (sexy tattoos and a good lyricist), a Latin dance teacher ( He can move his hips like two cats fighting inside a burlap bag), a truck mechanic (who is VERY handy to have around, especially if you can hang back a bit and watch him bend over the engine ), and other sundry traditionally masculine professions or hobbies.

The ENFP men tend to gravitate more towards the socially masculine hobbies; barbecuing, football (playing and watching), basketball, throwing keggers, clubbing to pick up chicks (and DAMN they are GOOD at it. I'm glad I got more or less relegated to the role of Little Sis a long time ago; it gave me an inside view into how sensitive men can REALLY get to the head of the line when it comes to picking up women. I know your tricks, all you NFP men!!), and similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    But you are an INTP. Wallpaper is too emotional and clingy for your taste.
    I'm not a fan of the clingy. It's gotten me in trouble before, because in one relationship when I was younger, I actually assumed on occasion that the man was kidding when he would say stuff like "why didn't you call me yesterday? I was waiting for you to call!" I would laugh, and say, "Yeah, right, ha ha, you were waiting by the phone for me." He would then assume the visage of a kicked puppy, and I would STILL laugh, because I still thought he was teasing. He must have thought I was one stone cold bitch.

I love it when some folks here take a sample of one, and then declare their findings to be universal for all of that type. Many of the folks on the Wrong Planet Forum, which is a forum for people with Autistic Spectrum disorders, have a saying, "If you meet an Aspie, you have met one Aspie." They too don't appreciate people generalizing based upon their experience with one or two aspies, though this tendency appears to be a common human behavior. I agree with Biaxident. Please don't make assumptions about me, or people of any other type based upon your experiences with one or two people who happen to be my or their type.
    It's a good idea to do exactly as Will and Biax are saying: if I didn't separate out the poor treatment I just got from one male INFP from the others that I know, I'd be robbing myself of what is probably the best type of person for me to be with, and all for the sins of one man.

Too bad that man didn't want to sin a little bit more with ME, and a little less with OTHER women.

Quote Originally Posted by jtanSis1 View Post
    YES, yes, you do. It sucks a little bit to wait for you guys to get your heads out of your asses, though. Here we are, all the INTJ/ENTJ femmes who just ADORE the cuddlies (though you will NEVER hear me admit that in public), and you guys are too busy painting a perfect face over an ideal mind and a lovely body in your heads, and not noticing that one SERIOUSLY good thing is staring you in the face.

This plus that post a bit back, or somewhere, where someone said they didn't know male INFPs existed, and another that said INFPs are so rare, kind of implies that many INFP males don't live long enough to reach maturity.
    That's true enough of MEN, not just INFP males.

Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.