User Tag List

First 212930313233 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    OMG.
    Did you feel a little uneasy at first with his attention? I mean, it was really nice but there was a little voice inside your head that kept throwing you the caution sign...but he was so much fun! Every indication from him was that he couldn't believe his luck that he found you and that you were actually interested in him, he just couldn't wait to be with you again. Did he pump and pay for your gas? Did he insist on opening the door for you everywhere you went? Was he a little too physical in public for you?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lillyofthevalley View Post
    Did you feel a little uneasy at first with his attention? I mean, it was really nice but there was a little voice inside your head that kept throwing you the caution sign...but he was so much fun! Every indication from him was that he couldn't believe his luck that he found you and that you were actually interested in him, he just couldn't wait to be with you again. Did he pump and pay for your gas? Did he insist on opening the door for you everywhere you went? Was he a little too physical in public for you?
    That could be almost any guy when first in a relationship. Although the gas thing is a little much.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    That could be almost any guy when first in a relationship. Although the gas thing is a little much.
    In a way, true but this guy stands out from the others, this is what makes us a little uneasy, there's something not right about it all. This guy is a pro and he is determined he wants us.

Also, the really good ones will treat us like a princess, there's nothing they can't do for us. Their goal is to make us happy and it's that flattering attention that eventually wears us down.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

In a way, true but this guy stands out from the others, this is what makes us a little uneasy, there's something not right about it all. This guy is a pro and he is determined he wants us.

Also, the really good ones will treat us like a princess, there's nothing they can't do for us. Their goal is to make us happy and it's that flattering attention that eventually wears us down.
    Nope...not a player. I think he was just really, really, REALLY trying to find out if it would work, and I never saw when his decision happened. Like I said, I've got the looks, the bod, and the smarts, so he actually SAID he was trying as hard as he could to figure out if it would work. It's a shame I couldn't lead him around by his manparts. It would have been easier!

Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm not saying this guy you knew was a commitment phobe, he might be a normal guy who for whatever reason lost interest.
    The type of guy I'm talking about doesn't really see himself as a player in fact, he sincerely likes you which it turns out is part of his problem, it gives him the cold willies when it starts looking like the relationship is getting serious. It's really a tough situation for the guy because he genuinely wants to be close and he loves the warm feelings he has with the girl but there inevitably comes a time when he becomes so uncomfortable that he has to back out in some way, this gives him some temorary relief but it also makes him miserable because he doesn't enjoy hurting your feelings and he knows he's blown another opportunity at a real relationship. This guy is really in a bind. When the relationship starts getting serious most of these guys will start finding ways to put a distance between them and their girlfriends. They start finding fault with the woman which is very bewildering for her. They need to spend more time at work, with their friends, etc., they quit calling, they start to lie about where they are, get non committal about when they'll be seeing you again. A lot of jerks will act this way too but they aren't necessarily phobic, nice guys will usually tell you it's not working for them and they are concerned about your feelings. Phobics will sometimes just disappear temporarily or even permanently. Some phobics are strange in other ways, they won't give you their home phone, they don't invite you over, they don't want to be seen with you in public places, they don't give you information about their families. And yet, one on one they are wonderful with you. Strange stuff like that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm not saying this guy you knew was a commitment phobe, he might be a normal guy who for whatever reason lost interest.
    The type of guy I'm talking about doesn't really see himself as a player in fact, he sincerely likes you which it turns out is part of his problem, it gives him the cold willies when it starts looking like the relationship is getting serious. It's really a tough situation for the guy because he genuinely wants to be close and he loves the warm feelings he has with the girl but there inevitably comes a time when he becomes so uncomfortable that he has to back out in some way, this gives him some temorary relief but it also makes him miserable because he doesn't enjoy hurting your feelings and he knows he's blown another opportunity at a real relationship. This guy is really in a bind. When the relationship starts getting serious most of these guys will start finding ways to put a distance between them and their girlfriends. They start finding fault with the woman which is very bewildering for her. They need to spend more time at work, with their friends, etc., they quit calling, they start to lie about where they are, get non committal about when they'll be seeing you again. A lot of jerks will act this way too but they aren't necessarily phobic, nice guys will usually tell you it's not working for them and they are concerned about your feelings. Phobics will sometimes just disappear temporarily or even permanently. Some phobics are strange in other ways, they won't give you their home phone, they don't invite you over, they don't want to be seen with you in public places, they don't give you information about their families. And yet, one on one they are wonderful with you. Strange stuff like that.
    My friend Gothmawg calls INFP men "emotional sluts." He IS one, so he should know. He keeps saying he's gonna do a long post on the topic, and he keeps NOT PUTTING OUT. Oh, wait. This is a familiar feeling.

Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

MBTI
    INFJ

I used to have a friend who was a rescuer. His main interest in women was to find some poor girl who was strung out or something. Then his project was to do the good deed and show her the way out of her situation. Eventually he married one of these ladies and divorced her 2 years later. I used to tell him that he had a noble heart but he was a little misguided with it, that he needed to put his passion into the community or some other cause and find a healthy woman who was interested in the same things.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    My friend Gothmawg calls INFP men "emotional sluts." He IS one, so he should know. He keeps saying he's gonna do a long post on the topic, and he keeps NOT PUTTING OUT. Oh, wait. This is a familiar feeling.

When an INFP says he'll do it "one day", 99% chance it means "it's a really cool idea, but it's alot of work and I don't really want to put the effort into it, so it will never get done unless someone makes me do it."

That's true even when I say it.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Listen to the dog, he knows..
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    When an INFP says he'll do it "one day", 99% chance it means "it's a really cool idea, but it's alot of work and I don't really want to put the effort into it, so it will never get done unless someone makes me do it."

That's true even when I say it.

No way...

Usually when I say I will do something I mean it, it just may not be in the next 5 minutes. If I hem and haw, and make excuses, that means I am not sold on the idea and would rather not. And if I say no, it means no.

And I don't make promises. Unless I am sure I can keep them.