User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmmm, I guess I shouldn't have bothered posting...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Hmmm, I guess I shouldn't have bothered posting...
    Nonsense kitty, your input is always valued.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Truth: INFPs are picky, picky, picky.
    We are idealists - we often have really high standards. Many of us would rather die alone than settle for someone we feel only mediocre about.
    Damn straight. And sometimes it gets us in trouble. When we try to salvage a relationship even though the other person doesn't give a crap.

Truth: We are bleeding hearts, and solving emotional problems is a mental challenge we enjoy, like how an INTJ may like solving a math problem. I may not even like you, but I cannot help but let my sympathies be engaged, sometimes against my logical will.
    Challenge yes. But life has also made me cynical. So I don't necessarily help anyone and everyone.

Truth: INFPs are introverts who need a lot of space and time alone. We can also be very independent and need to feel unique, which means keeping a distinct and separate identity from someone we are dating. If the INFP starts to feel smothered or overwhelmed, they may just panic and run away. We need quality time, affection, and verbal confirmation, but if we feel caged or monopolized then we might rebel.
    Less alone time as I get older. I have worked on making my time more efficient. Rebel? Occasionally.

Truth: INFPs can be quite cautious when it comes to genuine love. We may fantasize and obsess over people when we're infatuated, but being so in touch with our feelings, we really know the difference between love and infatuation. I know that building a deep connection and warming up to people can actually take a lot of time for me. You may be head over heels after 2 months, but our idealistic infatuation is wearing off and we're not totally sold for the long term yet. Sometimes, I get stuck in Ne mode of not wanting to commit and lose my other options.

If you express really strong feelings quickly, again, the INFP may be running for the door. We almost don't trust feelings that arise too quickly. We imagine we're hard creatures to understand, so we may feel that you like/love an idea of us, and not the real us. That's probably us looking at the world through our own subjective eyes - we fall in love with ideas, so we think other people do the same. I don't trust my own strong romantic feelings that arise quickly, so why should I trust yours?
    Funny, I trust my instincts more now, than before my ex divorced me. Every time I get screwed, I learn.

Well said.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Eh, I've done somewhat similar and got scared when I found the heat in the freezer. It was so pure and so real that I felt unworthy and ran. She was INTP and I was such a child...
    I doubt the INTP would have been so into you if you had a poor self-esteem. I certainly appreciate competence and a strong core; if she wasn't damaged, then you possessed sufficient strength of character for her to be in love with. If she WAS damaged, then good on you for running.

Heat in the freezer...lol...I love it. That's the problem; I got thawed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    I doubt the INTP would have been so into you if you had a poor self-esteem. I certainly appreciate competence and a strong core; if she wasn't damaged, then you possessed sufficient strength of character for her to be in love with. If she WAS damaged, then good on you for running.

Heat in the freezer...lol...I love it. That's the problem; I got thawed.
    Na, we were young, and I seem to get self conscious when something so white shows the blackness in my soul. I try not to let that stop me these days though - main word TRY...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like 'heat in the freezer' too. Very nice way to put it.

INTs when they fall, they almost free fall. It's a scary on several levels and also kind of wonderful if you can handle it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm hoping to be able to handle it if I ever get another chance with one.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    INTs when they fall, they almost free fall. It's a scary on several levels and also kind of wonderful if you can handle it.
    I had to explain to another friend of mine who is dealing with a very Rational woman that she might be waffling about him simply because everything in her experience leads her to believe that the horrifying falling sensation in the pit of her stomach, the headaches and anxiety, and the pounding heart (all of which are both associated with him and only go away around him) are BAD things, and should be avoided!

It's a truly AWFUL physical sensation, and I do NOT like it. I mean AT ALL. Of course I wanted to be around him; I felt better and didn't know why!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Since it's hard to appreciate exactly what went wrong in your relationship, I can only send you a big to help heal your sad heart.

I can post more tomorrow on this, but for now, another . Works better than words anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm hoping to be able to handle it if I ever get another chance with one.
    It's freaky when you're young and feel that . . . responsible for the happiness of someone who looks so, I don't know, brittle?

You will make a nice partner for an INT, IMO.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers