User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    (5) As bad as I feel now, I'm happy that I know what being in love is supposed to feel like. Truth be told, if you lined up everybody he's hurt and everybody I've hurt, he'd never catch up to my trail of romantic corpses if he had ten lifetimes to do it. I never intended to hurt him, but maybe it's best I know what this feels like, so that I NEVER do it to someone else again.
    This is refreshing to encounter. So many folks are so into retaliation when they are wounded. I don't seem to have retaliation in me. I just hurt, and remember how that feels so I can make certain that I never give that pain to another soul if there is any way to avoid it.

PS: That's what passes for a sense of humor for INTJs. The only thing that matters is whether it sounds funny in our heads!
    Can I really depend upon that? Is that really meant as humor every time I encounter this from an INTJ? The first time I ventured onto an INTJ forum I did not realize this. Folks kept telling me they were showing me how much they liked me, and I wondered how on earth I was supposed to perceive when an INTJ liked me, when their words sometimes felt like stabs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

The same courtesy and respect... yeah, it's nice to get that reflected.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by will5250 View Post

Can I really depend upon that? Is that really meant as humor every time I encounter this from an INTJ? The first time I ventured onto an INTJ forum I did not realize this. Folks kept telling me they were showing me how much they liked me, and I wondered how on earth I was supposed to perceive when an INTJ liked me, when their words sometimes felt like stabs.
    Okay, hon. There might be no better way to explain this to you than to ask you to look at post 54 in this thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post857743

There's a link to it.

In that post, Edgar, a fellow INTJ posted up a video to cheer me up and help me deal.

Do you in any way, shape, or form understand how being told to Harden The F&%$ Up made me laugh and feel a lot better? How being told not to be a whiny little b1$%# is just hysterically funny? I'm already terrifying to most people; hallways clear before me at my workplace, and lines evaporate so I can get to the front with nothing obstructing me. There I was, sniveling away into Kleenex with a stuffed animal, chocolate, and a picture of the guy, acting COMPLETELY uncharacteristically, and wallowing away in being all feely (ICK).

I felt even worse because I like to deal with things with humor and intelligence (and occasionally violence and profanity), not moping about, although my ENTJ best friend would tell you that I'm a giant sap and a hopeless romantic. In essence, imagine her as Ray Lewis and me as Terrell Owens. Comparatively speaking, Lewis is the bigger badass, but would you really want to pick a fight with either one of them?

So, being made to SEE when I'm being an idiot, and having it done with humor, as it was when Edgar posted that video for me, just makes me FEEL better, believe it or not.

You see, THAT reaction may be what some of these INTJs are trying to evoke from you. Humor, realization, and actualization. They're not trying to stab at you; they're trying to make you FEEL better. Do you see?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Okay...

Which shall we do first?

Bask in your awesomeness? Or acknowledge your coolness?

I am confuzzled...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Okay...

Which shall we do first?

Bask in your awesomeness? Or acknowledge your coolness?

I am confuzzled...
    I'm not, I already bask in my own awesomeness
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

It's a good thing I brought my hip waders. It's getting deep in here.:rolli:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    It's a good thing I brought my hip waders. It's getting deep in here.:rolli:
    Fortunately, I'm wearing my Legolas boots. You know, the ones that let him walk on TOP of the snow while they were passing over Caradhras?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

LOL!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Wink

Fortunately, I'm wearing my Legolas boots. You know, the ones that let him walk on TOP of the snow while they were passing over Caradhras?
    Cranky and Biax = funny funny.

Hi Cranky

amusing video XD.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INTJ

Okay, hon. There might be no better way to explain this to you than to ask you to look at post 54 in this thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post857743

There's a link to it.

In that post, Edgar, a fellow INTJ posted up a video to cheer me up and help me deal.

Do you in any way, shape, or form understand how being told to Harden The F&%$ Up made me laugh and feel a lot better? How being told not to be a whiny little b1$%# is just hysterically funny? I'm already terrifying to most people; hallways clear before me at my workplace, and lines evaporate so I can get to the front with nothing obstructing me. There I was, sniveling away into Kleenex with a stuffed animal, chocolate, and a picture of the guy, acting COMPLETELY uncharacteristically, and wallowing away in being all feely (ICK).

I felt even worse because I like to deal with things with humor and intelligence (and occasionally violence and profanity), not moping about, although my ENTJ best friend would tell you that I'm a giant sap and a hopeless romantic. In essence, imagine her as Ray Lewis and me as Terrell Owens. Comparatively speaking, Lewis is the bigger badass, but would you really want to pick a fight with either one of them?

So, being made to SEE when I'm being an idiot, and having it done with humor, as it was when Edgar posted that video for me, just makes me FEEL better, believe it or not.

You see, THAT reaction may be what some of these INTJs are trying to evoke from you. Humor, realization, and actualization. They're not trying to stab at you; they're trying to make you FEEL better. Do you see?
    Everyone on this board who ever thought of me as an asshole should re-read this post until it is committed to memory, because it speaks volumes.

I am a caring, nurturing, supportive altruist... and all the rest of you are fucking ingrates.

Also, harden the fuck up.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.