User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

I wonder what he said to affect you so, because I've known INFPs to say some really horrible stuff because they know it will strike the other person's core, and as such is a good way to emotionally manipulate them. He may not have actually cared about what he actually said, just what it would do to you.
    Stuff. Don't really want to go into the conversation. Suffice it to say I had no idea he could be that cold.

AAAAAANNNNNDDDD more blues piano...

play me some muddy waters.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    play me some muddy waters.
    Ok.

I don't want you to be no slave
    I don't want you to work all day
    I don't want you to be true
    I just want to make love to you

I don't want you to wash my clothes
    I don't want you to keep my home
    I don't want your money too

Well I can see by the way that you switch and walk
    And I can tell by the way that you baby talk
    And I know by the way that you treat your man
    I wanna love you baby, it's a cryin' shame

I don't want you to bake my bread
    I don't want you to make my bed
    I don't want you cause I'm sad and blue

I actually have the swing down now too ;-)

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Stuff. Don't really want to go into the conversation. Suffice it to say I had no idea he could be that cold.
    That's okay, I wasn't really asking. That's way too personal.

However, there's a pretty good chance that whatever he said was a lie. When INFPs lash out to hurt, some of will start off with a kernel of truth, but then distort and twist it so that it does maximum damage.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

That's okay, I wasn't really asking. That's way too personal.

However, there's a pretty good chance that whatever he said was a lie. When INFPs lash out to hurt, some of will start off with a kernel of truth, but then distort and twist it so that it does maximum damage.

Make it so they are the injured party, and innocent.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Make it so they are the injured party, and innocent.
    Aw... I think under some circumstances something like that can be understandable.

I've seen INFPs do that even when they aren't the innocent party, though. I somehow doubt Cranky did something damaging and unjust to this guy. Her biggest crime seems to have been not letting it drop when he started pulling away, and then cornering him. If he really did start it, she deserved to have answers, though. Hardly unjust.

She picked up on his internal strength (which is likely why she had such a positive opinion of him), but failed to notice that he's not very functional when it comes to being a human being interacting with other humans.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Aw... I think under some circumstances something like that can be understandable.

I've seen INFPs do that even when they aren't the innocent party, though. I somehow doubt Cranky did something damaging and unjust to this guy. Her biggest crime seems to have been not letting it drop when he started pulling away, and then cornering him. If he really did start it, she deserved to have answers, though. Hardly unjust.

She picked up on his internal strength (which is likely why she had such a positive opinion of him), but failed to notice that he's not very functional when it comes to being a human being interacting with other humans.

I'm sure if we think about it we have all done it occasionally. Just not to the extreme.

MBTI
    INFP

Two things first, INFP's can see the inner core of people since that's where they live in themselves, and try to bring that out in others. Second, the more wounded inside you are, (ie. ice queen) the more they want to be near you until you are healed, then they make the choice if they are attracted to you or not. They do this because they really want someone who has already dealt with their issues, and can be mature about life and love. So don't take it too personally, we are healers first, lovers second.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I didn't do anything damaging or unjust to him; if anything, he did to me on several occasions. I simply assumed that (like me) he wouldn't have been aware of it, and brushed it off until I could no longer do so. I tried everything in my power to not corner him or push him, but there does come a point where one needs to start getting closer to the other person, or start getting over them. I reached that point, and simply couldn't take it anymore.

And he CERTAINLY did start it with me. The first moves were all his. I'm not going to say they were UNWELCOME but they were all his. I don't even know if he's ever been in a functional adult relationship (I haven't either to be fair, but I've been BUSY); honestly, the women he dated seemed kinda broken. I don't really need any fixing, and if I did, I wouldn't need his help with the repairs. I like me the way I am, and so do my friends and family. I'm quite capable of running my life without his help. Maybe he just needs to be needed.

MBTI
    INFP

read my previous post