User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    This again underlines my feelings of deep suspicion towards INFPs and ENFPs. I like them tremendously as friends and have many of them for friends. I like all of you here. But they seem fickle sometimes. At least to my INFJ sensibilities if there's one thing I'd like to be sure of, it is not getting blindsided by spilling my guts to someone or falling for them and then having them excuse themselves (or not) without explanation. Is this the same deal with both types? Is it Fi related?
    Well cripes.

Why shouldn't we be just as picky as everyone else?

And I don't care what 'type' you are, anyone who doesn't at least attempt to explain reasons for ending a relationship should be flayed alive. Then turned into fertilizer with a wood chipper.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Well cripes.

Why shouldn't we be just as picky as everyone else?

And I don't care what 'type' you are, anyone who doesn't at least attempt to explain reason's for ending a relationship should be flayed alive. Then turned into fertilizer with a wood chipper.
    yes.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    :chicken:
    Not at all.

I shall make my way to the front of the line. But I refuse to be treated like cattle.

Therefore, I shall not stand in line.

And while the other suckers are cringing at your disdain. I shall be watching from a corner and smiling, till all the losers are gone.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

yes.

Like I said, it just happened to me as well. And I was married less than a year. I wasn't talking out my ass.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Like I said, it just happened to me as well. And I was married less than a year. I wasn't talking out my ass.
    What was her personality type?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

In what ways would you define yourself as different from an INFP?
    Let's see...

Not an idealist. I'm realistic. It's Se vs Ne generally. But I consider myself very balanced on intuition and sensing... I thought that I was an INFP for a long time. I'm very in touch with my Ni, but it's not preferred over sensing. I was stuck in an Fi-Ni loop for a long while, and Se just recently started to really hit me, and that's when I realized it. I always knew that I was different from INFPs.

I don't really get random ideas all the time... I don't really think about very deep issues all the time. I don't let things bother me, things only really bother me if they are ambiguous in meaning or they are unclear to me, and I will generally try to figure it out in my head or get some sort of tangible proof to counter the feelings that I have (preferred method). I just tend to think of the present really, or things that have happened to me that were meaningful to me. I find it easy to assert myself (Se). I'm not complicated for no reason. Etc...

Believe me we could have as many wacky and imaginative conversations as you wanted to. All of my friends and my parents are Ns (I live with an INTP right now who is one of my best friends), it's totally normal for me. I do have some deeply thought out beliefs and views on things, I consider myself a pretty deep person.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    This again underlines my feelings of deep suspicion towards INFPs and ENFPs. I like them tremendously as friends and have many of them for friends. I like all of you here. But they seem fickle sometimes. At least to my INFJ sensibilities if there's one thing I'd like to be sure of, it is not getting blindsided by spilling my guts to someone or falling for them and then having them excuse themselves (or not) without explanation. Is this the same deal with both types? Is it Fi related?
    It's certainly not an INFP hallmark trait, just a few with misguided good intentions, as I brought out. You mistakenly think that being too upfront may hurt people's feelings. I got over that by my early 20s.

And it's rare that ample hints are not sent before a direct cut is made. Some people just choose not to see them.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Let's see...

Not an idealist. I'm realistic. It's Se vs Ne generally. But I consider myself very balanced on intuition and sensing... I thought that I was an INFP for a long time. I'm very in touch with my Ni, but it's not preferred over sensing. I was stuck in an Fi-Ni loop for a long while, and Se just recently started to really hit me, and that's when I realized it. I always knew that I was different from INFPs.

I don't really get random ideas all the time... I don't really think about very deep issues all the time. I don't let things bother me, things only really bother me if they are ambiguous in meaning or they are unclear to me, and I will generally try to figure it out in my head or get some sort of tangible proof to counter the feelings that I have (preferred method). I just tend to think of the present really, or things that have happened to me that were meaningful to me. I find it easy to assert myself (Se). I'm not complicated for no reason. Etc...

Believe me we could have as many wacky and imaginative conversations as you wanted to. All of my friends and my parents are Ns (I live with an INTP right now who is one of my best friends), it's totally normal for me. I do have some deeply thought out beliefs and views on things, I consider myself a pretty deep person.
    Maybe that's the difference. I'm already a hardened realist. Even though Mr. INFP turned out to not be able to deal with me or whatever the issue was, he had a kind heart, and was so ridiculously idealistic that he glowed. I want that glow. I already know how to bring people down to earth; I want someone who can get me into the clouds.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

What was her personality type?

IS, or N, FJ. I think. She would never type herself.

* I was so tempted to type her as BITCH. But I am a better person than that. I hope she's happy, because she made me miserable. And sometimes, I still am.*

But I am working on it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Maybe that's the difference. I'm already a hardened realist. Even though Mr. INFP turned out to not be able to deal with me or whatever the issue was, he had a kind heart, and was so ridiculously idealistic that he glowed. I want that glow. I already know how to bring people down to earth; I want someone who can get me into the clouds.
    Yep find an NF. My INTJ or ISTJ lady will come to me some day...
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)