User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    STP

Thats pretty much the role I took with an ENFP, I was a sound board. Now that I think about it I am a sound board to quite a few people.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

Step away from Teh Soshi1niks. Their type descriptions are very insightful. Their model theory is shit.
    I don't agree with everything to do with socionics either. But it well describes how each type uses each function. Something I've seen very lacking in other personality type descriptors.

I do agree that a combination of two functions will have a different effect for a different type. But you're still underestimating Se in ENFP's. It has a use, particularly when an ENFP is in a self-reflective state like the OP's friend. I see it used in me. It's just not used nearly as often as our dominant function.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    I do agree that a combination of two functions will have a different effect for a different type. But you're still underestimating Se in ENFP's. It has a use, particularly when an ENFP is in a self-reflective state like the OP's friend. I see it used in me. It's just not used nearly as often as our dominant function.
    And you're not willing to call it Si? I think I recall reading Jung thought Si was an oxymoron and didn't really exist, but still... why are seemingly so many ENFPs in Si-denial?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    why are seemingly so many ENFPs in Si-denial?
    maybe because the function is so weak usually that they cant recognice it very well?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Who'd ve thought it was going to be ISTPs that had the answers when it comes to ENFPs...

Question: doesn't it wear ISTPs out to listen to the rambling of an ENFP? I mean..we're so different that the things we break our heads over are bound to seem so...ridiculous and unimportant to you, no?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I was wondering that too. Are we exhausting?
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Who'd ve thought it was going to be ISTPs that had the answers when it comes to ENFPs...

Question: doesn't it wear ISTPs out to listen to the rambling of an ENFP? I mean..we're so different that the things we break our heads over are bound to seem so...ridiculous and unimportant to you, no?
    I think I may smirk or chuckle a little at times, but unimportant, no. Its not our decision to decide whats important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I was wondering that too. Are we exhausting?
    Exhausting, No.

edit: now that I really think about it the frustration and the look comes across more as cute and I think thats what drives the smile or chuckle, not the ridiculous.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

^ As always, I agree with Poki. I may not always be able to relate, but if I sense something is genuinely bothering someone I care about, I -will- be there to listen. It's all about the genuineness. When other types complain about, say, an ex (in this case)... it sometimes comes across as bitching and whining, and doesn't appear as genuine hurt or pain. When ENFPs are upset about something, you can sense it from their entire being. And if that's the case, something that may ordinarily seem frivolous to ISTPs suddenly becomes important... because it -is- important to the ENFP.

Although I do admit I -sometimes- get exhausted with my ENFP sister. Only because I've listened to every detail about every serious relationship she's ever had for my entire life. However, those are the moments she just seems to be complaining... when I can tell she's seriously bothered about something, that's another story. Either way, I'm her sister, and I'll be there to listen regardless.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

^She's lucky to have you listen to her complain.

Poki, it's good to hear we aren't exhausting to you. That's what I always wonder with my relationships with introverts. For me, I can be very quiet, very calm, even shy. But once I really get excited about a person, or become friends with them, I can go on and on. I invite people to tell me to shut up. :P
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

I think it's in our natures to listen. We are born listeners. I have to say what is annoying - and this is with any type but one of my ENFP friends does this ALL the time- is when I decide to speak or answer a question in response to listening for a while and I get no eye contact. I always have to ask if he's listening to me and then he gets frustrated and says that "He can do more than one thing at a time!" That's kind of a big thing with me. Don't know if other ISTP's are similar. Er..but yeah. I agree with Poki's post. Pretty right on.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance