User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 49

  1. #21
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,537

    Default

    Wow. All I can say is this sound very familiar. A male and female ENFP friend has confided in me similarly. I don't know. ENFP's are somewhat of a mystery. Yet, I think they really respect that Ti/Se advice. Keeps them somewhat grounded. But they generally aren't adept at using an ISTP's advice practically. I've found that they like the listening board and it gives them consolation but they ultimately have to come to closure on their own. I have always found that ENFP's utilize other people for support but use their own functions to get over these kinds of things in the way they know best. They just need a non-judgmental sounding board for these sorts of things. For being F's they are very sensitive to being looked upon as "sensitive"....kind of strange. Just something I've noticed. They tend to get over these things over time (maybe a long period) and if you provide a good ear for them...that's the most important thing to them. You have their trust.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  2. #22
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    ^ You said it! Fortunately, it wasn't much of a struggle to accept the fact that some people will ask for advice and not take it (My ESTP friend does struggle with it a little though...she gets a little heated ) That's definitely what I'm trying to do... just give him a "listening board." I guess there's moments where I just want to figure him out so that I can at least have responses to encourage him to continue. ENFPs need to think out loud, right? Besides, even if no one really seems to act on advice given to them, a good conversation will at least get them seeing different points of view or onto new trains of thoughts... hopefully...
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    ^ You said it! Fortunately, it wasn't much of a struggle to accept the fact that some people will ask for advice and not take it (My ESTP friend does struggle with it a little though...she gets a little heated ) That's definitely what I'm trying to do... just give him a "listening board." I guess there's moments where I just want to figure him out so that I can at least have responses to encourage him to continue. ENFPs need to think out loud, right? Besides, even if no one really seems to act on advice given to them, a good conversation will at least get them seeing different points of view or onto new trains of thoughts... hopefully...
    Those 2 things kinda go hand in hand. In the process to figure them out you end up asking questions and they get to think out loud and dig deeper into things.

    I dont usually mind not having my advice taken, I see them more as suggestions or ideas.

  4. #24
    Controlled Mischief StephMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I dont usually mind not having my advice taken, I see them more as suggestions or ideas.
    Well said! And very true
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

  5. #25
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I've found that they like the listening board and it gives them consolation but they ultimately have to come to closure on their own. I have always found that ENFP's utilize other people for support but use their own functions to get over these kinds of things in the way they know best. They just need a non-judgmental sounding board for these sorts of things. For being F's they are very sensitive to being looked upon as "sensitive"....kind of strange. Just something I've noticed. They tend to get over these things over time (maybe a long period) and if you provide a good ear for them...that's the most important thing to them. You have their trust.
    ^Wow, ENFPs much? All of the above is so very true. We like to appear strong and capable(not sensitive); we're often very judgmental of ourselves--self critical. It's one of the reasons I think it's so hard for us to accept judgment from others. Just having someone as a sounding board, rather than overwhelming us with further criticism, is most helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    ENFPs need to think out loud, right? Besides, even if no one really seems to act on advice given to them, a good conversation will at least get them seeing different points of view or onto new trains of thoughts... hopefully...
    Yes. The only time I went to a counselor, I tried to get her to give me advice. After talking to me for a few minutes, she looked at me and laughed. She told me I had the answers, and I just needed to start talking them out. Problem solved. I just needed a person to hear me out without criticism.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  6. #26
    Rainy Day Woman MDP2525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    ^Wow, ENFPs much? All of the above is so very true. We like to appear strong and capable(not sensitive); we're often very judgmental of ourselves--self critical. It's one of the reasons I think it's so hard for us to accept judgment from others. Just having someone as a sounding board, rather than overwhelming us with further criticism, is most helpful.
    Yup. ENFP's a lot! (I've been on the receiving end of ENFP "intrigue" a couple times).

    The bolded part is very correct. I wish ENFP's would give themselves the same benefit of the doubt they so willingly give others. Yeah. You guys have a lot of internal struggling you wrestle with. It's only during these rare times that you open up and share it that I notice. Wow. I just realized that as I typed it. Damn. Being an ENFP would wear me out! lol.
    ~luck favors the ready~


    Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

  7. #27
    Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Yup. ENFP's a lot! (I've been on the receiving end of ENFP "intrigue" a couple times).
    ISTPs

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    The bolded part is very correct. I wish ENFP's would give themselves the same benefit of the doubt they so willingly give others. Yeah. You guys have a lot of internal struggling you wrestle with. It's only during these rare times that you open up and share it that I notice. Wow. I just realized that as I typed it. Damn. Being an ENFP would wear me out! lol.
    Ok, you're hired! To be my uh....sounding board and all.
    That is very true though. The Battle of Armageddon is actually inside some ENFPs head. When we're down, or beside ourselves, we give others more credit than we give ourselves. We end up being very vulnerable and subject to mistreatment over the long-term.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Rachelinpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Yup. ENFP's a lot! (I've been on the receiving end of ENFP "intrigue" a couple times).

    The bolded part is very correct. I wish ENFP's would give themselves the same benefit of the doubt they so willingly give others. Yeah. You guys have a lot of internal struggling you wrestle with. It's only during these rare times that you open up and share it that I notice. Wow. I just realized that as I typed it. Damn. Being an ENFP would wear me out! lol.
    yeah, it wears me out too!

    ENFPs need to think out loud, right?
    absolutely we do.

  9. #29
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    ISTPs


    Ok, you're hired! To be my uh....sounding board and all.
    That is very true though. The Battle of Armageddon is actually inside some ENFPs head. When we're down, or beside ourselves, we give others more credit than we give ourselves. We end up being very vulnerable and subject to mistreatment over the long-term.

    Hah, I like that, captures my insides perfectly.

    Oh, umm, lady ISTP's, where do you usually hang out? I need an ISTP sounding board friend.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  10. #30
    Senior Member Rachelinpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Hah, I like that, captures my insides perfectly.

    Oh, umm, lady ISTP's, where do you usually hang out? I need an ISTP sounding board friend.
    you totally do. istps are the bestest ones.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] What attracts an ENFP male and how do you keep him?
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-24-2017, 03:58 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP's and exes?
    By cheerchick23 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 11:58 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP's and Social Anxiety/Shyness...
    By soleil in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 08:09 AM
  4. [ENFP] ENFP's and Personal Style
    By soleil in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 04:03 AM
  5. [ENFP] ENFP's and Image
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO