User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default ENFP and Exercising

I cannot focus enough to exercise for longer than a 20 minute period. Even if I listen to music, or watch TV. Any ENFPs (or others) have advice to get me motivated and dedicated? I'm not overweight, I just want to keep myself fit. I wouldn't mind losing 5-10 lbs but since exercising takes such a long time for minimal fast results, I see no point. I wish I could go to the gym for at most 2 hours a day for 3 - 4 times a week or something..

My Ne goes crazy with all the other (and more fun) things I could be doing.
    My Fi just is telling me that I do not feel like doing this AT ALL.. which makes me not want to do it more...

I try and convince my Te to get me going, but I don't know much about exercise science so I don't have a list of things or exercises I should do to work out to the best that I could be. And I really have no passion to even research it... haha It's all so boring to me.

ANY HELP??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Yes, take a book or something you enjoy reading with you and do that while exercising (elliptical/cycle/treadmill). The sheer efficiency of the process -- working your mind and body at the same time will pull you through.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I tried that, I think running and reading makes me motion sick hahaha i think i'm hopeless

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm the same. What I did was start on bellydance. Even then I had that problem, especially with certain dvds (yes I use dvds). However, I've found some recently that teach the beauty and passion you have to put in your moves as well, which very much keeps me focussed, and nowadyas it's no problem to do an hour or more
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

With the ENFPs I've known they can only stay motivated to get some sort of exercise if it pertains to some sort of hobby or interest of theirs. For example, when my ENFP friend went through the skateboarding phase he went from average to really skinny, he was getting a lot of exercise every day just because he liked to skate. But just going to the gym? He has a similar reaction to what you have. There is a gym at his college and he pretty much went once and never went again because he got bored, lol.

So find a hobby that's physical, you'll get in shape since you will be passionate about it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Can you use the computer while you work out? Stationary biking instead of running might make it easier.

MBTI
    ENFP

I tend to set workout goals and work towards them. It might be running a certain speed in a race, losing weight, becoming a better athlete, or (in conjunction with Udog's exercise challenge) running three days a week.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    enfp

id work out cus i'd be motivated by playing some sport i love, like baseball or softball

so it would end up i'd have really strong shoulders and upper body, but still flabby abs. lolz

i was probably in the best shape of my life when i was on the boxing team in college. but that was a long time ago...

i just got this ab toner thing though. i just sit here and it does something eletrical to my abs. i'll let u kno how it goes. lolz

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I love the idea of doing something fun like a sport. I love sports. But what do I do now that it's fall/winter time and FREEZING in the state I live in Ahhhh why do i have excuses for EVERYTHING haha