User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 64

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    Any other NF's here feel the same way?
    Yep. It's good to take a break from forums sometimes, just to get back in touch with things, lol... forums can be painful sometimes

  2. #42
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    Yes, an anonymous forum like this is supposed to be, well... anonymous.

    No one knows who you are, you're just a random voice coming from somewhere that the readers couldn't really give a stuff about in their own real, personal life.

    Yet I still sometimes feel insecure when I post something on here, or any forum. I feel nervous when someone comments after my own comment. I feel even more nervous when someone quotes me and/or replies to me directly. What if their response is slightly negative, I fret. Sure, they won't judge me as a human being, as they don't know me, but they might judge the character behind the writer of this comment, aka, me as a human being!

    If the response is slightly negative, I begin to wish that I had stayed out of it, and not posted at all. Then the universe would be a better place, or something.

    Any other NF's here feel the same way?
    I have the opposite problem.
    Do you want to trade?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  3. #43
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    I love hyperbole. I don't care if anyone here thinks less of my online character for posting something foolish or careless or genuinely stupid. Have a go at the xanax idea. might help. Sensitivity can be conquered, just take the sensitive bull by it's sensitive horns and ride it out or something, i don't know. don't worry, be happy, ramble ramble ramble, blah blah blah.

    Hey, if you're so worried about people responding to your posts, why did you start a whole new thread?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


  4. #44
    Senior Member souffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic
    Hey, if you're so worried about people responding to your posts, why did you start a whole new thread?
    I've started threads before. It's not that I don't want people to respond, it's just that I have some insecure feelings about it, that I need to deal with. So I started this thread, to release my feelings about it, talk about it, and get others insight! It works!

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel
    I have the opposite problem.
    Do you want to trade?
    You mean you don't care, and then end up insulting people more? Or..?

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123
    lol call him an asshole, it doesn't hurt to be confrontational especially over the net. I think he was just trying to help you get over your fears.
    Edgar, you're an asshole. You too, Ragingkatsuki.

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica

    (INTJ here, but I get to post if I can relate, right? )
    Of course! I appreciate your insight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith
    Totally can relate. Nanouk and Toonia explained the process beautifully and handed you the solution, imo. It's something I came to realize myself, not too long ago
    They sure did. I felt guilty that I couldn't think of anything to add to Nanook's observations. (hi Nanook! )

    Thanks for the comments everyone, they're all great.

  5. #45
    Member LavaLucy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Yes me too

  6. #46
    Member Pristinegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Not really, but I try to be cautious
    Due to past experiences I fear how the logical view and approach me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Look into this:

    Benzodiazepines are the devil!!

  7. #47
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    I'm too tired to write much about this, but yes I do have this fear of rejection, both online and off. I don't really care if someone I dislike rejects me, but I'm terrified that someone I like (and I do like most people on some level, even complete strangers) will reject me. Because of this, I often withdraw from those I wish to get closer to, so that they think I dislike them. In some cases, especially when I'm really fond of someone, I'll even push that person away. I can remember one recent case where I had a crush on someone, and rather than treat them kindly, I went out of my way to belittle them. Luckily, I'm a lot more healthy than I was at that time, and would never do something like that again. I've learned that vulnerability, and those things which it brings, are precisely what makes a relationship worthwhile.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

  8. #48
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Sometimes I feel nervous about posting. Because I don't want people to think that I'm weird or that I post too much or that I am dick or incoherent or whatever. But then part of my brain kicks in and says, "Fuck it." The more I say, the more opportunities I have to actually say something of value to someone else.

    I can only be who I am and contribute what I can.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  9. #49
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Everyone has a few posts they wish they could take back. Hopefully mistakes you make here are mistakes you won't make irl (ie when it matters). If you run into some negativity just brush it off and try again. Most negativity here isn't serious anyway -- or so I tell myself.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I'm too tired to write much about this, but yes I do have this fear of rejection, both online and off. I don't really care if someone I dislike rejects me, but I'm terrified that someone I like (and I do like most people on some level, even complete strangers) will reject me. Because of this, I often withdraw from those I wish to get closer to, so that they think I dislike them. In some cases, especially when I'm really fond of someone, I'll even push that person away. I can remember one recent case where I had a crush on someone, and rather than treat them kindly, I went out of my way to belittle them. Luckily, I'm a lot more healthy than I was at that time, and would never do something like that again. I've learned that vulnerability, and those things which it brings, are precisely what makes a relationship worthwhile.
    I believe that by fearing the things we fear we create the circumstances that we hoped to avoid with our fear. In other words, the fears create the very situations we are afraid of! Do you know what I mean?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  10. #50
    Charting a course
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post



    I believe that by fearing the things we fear we create the circumstances that we hoped to avoid with our fear. In other words, the fears create the very situations we are afraid of! Do you know what I mean?

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] What are your favorite & least favorite topics of discussion (in forum and irl)?
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 01:43 AM
  2. [INTP] INTP and Fear of Rejection
    By greenfairy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 01:09 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-25-2010, 10:59 PM
  4. Fear of Rejection
    By Kasper in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 08:29 AM
  5. What underlies the fear of rejection?
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 01:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO