• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Sensitivity and fear of rejection in foruming. Anyone else?

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
-raises hand- You definitely aren't alone on those feelings.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can relate to the OP (geez, look at how old this thread is ;)), and I used to by some replies occasionally on a different forum.
But I think being on a forum long enough can help. I think that when most members that annoy or offend you do that with a lot of other members, too. At least that has happened to me on another forum - and seeing that you're not the only one that has issues with a person that makes you nervous is a great relief.
What people get to know of you they most often get from forum posts alone, and that entitles no one to any sort of personal judgment. If other posters don't pertain to what you've said but what they implicitly assume about you, getting upset about it is a favor you don't have to do them. I think that people actually can't really attack you personally, since they don't know you - which doesn't mean that's what some people are actually trying to do. But it doesn't work because in order to make a personal remark, you have to know the person.
Finally, it's written speech, and that alone can be the cause for a number of misunderstandings and misinterpretations (some of them intentional, but most of them probably not).

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
Yay for digging up old threads! Great to see people still relating.