User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't like discussing religion online, but I can do these questions.

Do you have a faith and attend a place of worship?
    Yes.

Do you have a faith and used to attend a place of worship, but now feel like there are "too many sharks in the pool" for it to be a good place?
    No.

Last question with, do you believe all churches are that way?
    No, but I think many are.

Do you have a faith, but don't believe in organized religion (so you don't attend a place of worship)?
    No, I don't lump all organized religion together.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Yes I have faith and I attend a place of worship.

MBTI
    INFP

I am not religious at all, and I can relate it to being an INFP. The only religion I've been exposed to is Christianity, which I've tried to take on a few times, but I would always ultimately have to face the promise of eternal damnation and torture for anyone who doesn't believe in God/repent for their sins etc. I cannot wish that for anyone, or like a God who imposes it on anyone. My empathy takes over. I personally find it hard to believe that any Fi dominant could hold strong fundamentalist beliefs, which would mean to accept the eternal damnation, but feel free to correct me.

Would it be feasible to say that INFP's would be more fond of religion as a personal and unique relationship with a loving and supportive God rather than a large scale, conformist, by-the-book worship of a God that is possessive and strict?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

short answer - yes, i have faith and yes, i attend a place of worship. i am a part of both the community and the infrastructure i am happy to say so.

no, i don't give up when things are trying - i try to improve them. it can be trying to work with such a diverse group of people with different viewpoints and agendas, but the things that we can and do accomplish are encouragement enough for me..

i think every place of worship has internal struggles.
    i prefer to attack problems rather than ignore them.

organized religion is what people make it.
    open dialogue and a spirit of reform sure can help.
    Last edited by phthalocyanine; 10-01-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: if i hadn't been able to choose for myself, i probably wouldn't be where i am. i always rebelled against whatever was imposed

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    AHH!

Yes, I am not Religious at all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

* Do you have a faith and attend a place of worship?
    No.
    * Do you have a faith and used to attend a place of worship, but now feel like there are "too many sharks in the pool" for it to be a good place?
    no.
    * Last question with, do you believe all churches are that way?
    no.
    * Do you have a faith, but don't believe in organized religion (so you don't attend a place of worship)?
    no.
    * Do you have a faith? What makes you have, or not have, a belief in a higher power of some kind?
    I have an idea.

I used to be overall agnostic all my live.

in my pre-school time i painted one or two angels, also zombies *g* but mostly horses or stuff. knights, castles, pirateships ...

in elementary school
    i was a bit interested in inspiring images of religion.
    just looking at them, like you look at pile of chicken shit, or a vulcano.
    i could not care less about stories about a bearded man or adam and eve.
    i felt my religion teacher was a crazy boneheaded child and i felt sorry, because she was mobbed by some rather antisocial students.
    she actually cried about that.

in my rational time i was just living with a rational worldview and for the most part i was oblivious about the fact, that there are methodologies to transcend the agnostic statement "we can not know". like ZEN or entheogens. i literally was oblivious. i just did not give a f....

well, then at 28, i entered into my fifth seven-year-circle ....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

[*]Do you have a faith and attend a place of worship?
    Christian, and yes.[*]Do you have a faith and used to attend a place of worship, but now feel like there are "too many sharks in the pool" for it to be a good place?
    Nope. I just have trouble fitting in at youth group because it is very cliquish. [*]Last question with, do you believe all churches are that way?
    Nope.[*]Do you have a faith, but don't believe in organized religion (so you don't attend a place of worship)?
    I don't think that you need a church to gather together and worship God.[*]Do you have a faith? What makes you have, or not have, a belief in a higher power of some kind?
    Yes. Personal experience with Jesus.
    Everybody needs love.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm an ENFP who also tests INFP, and yes I'm a spiritual person who really has a hard time with the whole scheduling a certain time to be at church with thing. Not all churches are bad places. Some are. Mine isn't, I'm just not an organized religion person. I tried to be once, I even taught Sunday school (can you imagine?) but I found it exhausting, and I don't think that's what spirituality is supposed to be about.

brainheart

I am an ethnic Catholic, not religious, not particularly spiritual. But I hate it when people dis on religions or those who are religious with stupid sweeping generalizations like, "The Catholic Church is evil" or "Mormons are psycho", etc. It almost makes me want to go to church again just so I can rub it in their faces or something.

I liked my religious upbringing but no longer felt the need for it around the age of eighteen. I walk in and it doesn't seem relevant to me anymore; it's like writing a sixth grade diary entry while wearing clothes five sizes too small.