• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What annoys you about non-NFs?

Jaguar

The whole NT-criticizing-everything-that-isn't-logical thing, it really drives me nuts.

hmm I don't really do that. Logic doesn't impress me. It's ordinary.
The extraordinary are creative thinkers. ;)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Obliviousness is the shield for my heart; removed, I'd say everyone is a jerk...

+1. Well said.

I'm applying the warpaint while I type. Non-toxic, non petroleum based warpaint, of course. Vegetable pigment dyes. Fair trade and cruelty free.

:rofl1:

that they think we're all a bunch of pussy whiney emos with our hearts on are sleeves. I am a pussy but i only whine online and I do not wear my heart on my sleeve do you know how many times people are shocked when I actually tell them how I feel about something? I've been told that I carry myself in a way that's not exactly apathetic but more like I don't care.

Also well said! I think people think I care a lot more than I do.. or that I'll be hurt a lot easier than I actually am. Just because something DOES hurt me it doesn't mean I'm going to go into some rage-quit effin emo-status and be depressed for 10 years.

Me being honest about what goes on inside of me does not equal me being a pussy. The only difference is my vocalization of my inward thoughts and reactions.

*Occasional lapses in humility(STs,NTs)
*Comfort with pretentiousness(SJs and sometimes NTs)
*Treatment of current social norms as self-evident "truths"
*Emotional insensitivity(T types)
*Easily buying into negative stereotypes
*Generalized negativity(SJs)
*Overvaluing the external and undervaluing the internal(Ts)

^ These, definitely.

I hate that nonchalant attitude as well.. Like, just because something isn't important to you doesn't make it not important at all. You aren't the center of the universe, and I've listened to pages of nonsense about what you think is important and stressful because I know just because I don't value it doesn't mean it lacks value.. (I say You in reference to non-nfs ;) not to you darling)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
SPs: hedonistic, lack of morals or won't take a stand for anything, don't care about anything but having fun, ridiculously stubborn over things they don't even know much about, often think they are really funny but are just obnoxious, irresponsible, can seem shallow, users, lack of foresight, only trust their own experience, dismissive of concepts/theories as useless or invalid because they're not "real"

You're supposed to list the annoying stuff, not the awesome stuff. ;)

Short hair is adorable on me, and napes of the neck and ears showing is sexy, if they're pretty napes and nice ears, which I happen to have, and besides, shut up.

How many napes do you have? :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I hate that nonchalant attitude as well.. Like, just because something isn't important to you doesn't make it not important at all. You aren't the center of the universe, and I've listened to pages of nonsense about what you think is important and stressful because I know just because I don't value it doesn't mean it lacks value.. (I say You in reference to non-nfs ;) not to you darling)

Yeah and the NT: If you don't like me or something I do it's because you are stupid. NT's call NF's whiners if they are defensive. NT's just try to say everyone else is dumb when they are told things wrong with them. :)

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
NT superiority complexes can become nerve-grating...but I think it only usually happens after they find out they're NTs ;)

much like when some people find out they're NFs they must upload a stupid dreamy-looking avatar (a bit of self-loathing here is called for).

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah and the NT: If you don't like me or something I do it's because you are stupid. NT's call NF's whiners if they are defensive. NT's just try to say everyone else is dumb when they are told things wrong with them. :)

Or the converse for funny/joking. Uninspired NTPs will made a rude, crude cutdown, then when you get affronted, they'll say, "Joking, duh!" But if you make a joke on them, they will get pissed, and say they don't get your humor (even though it was way funnier than theirs). I've just seen this happen a lot on here. They excuse a lot of their sometimes-rude behavior by calling it a 'joke.' :rolleyes:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
:yes:
So true. And Spamtar totally gets honorable mention for trying.;)

Cant answer this...I just wanna squeezes those adorable chubby cheeks.:D...wait my cat is doing something clever with a shopping bag...B back soon...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Insensitivity, usually.

B

brainheart

In school, I have noticed some common trends..

SPs find and make friends with others who are of the same interests. Those who have fallen for sports make friends with other jocks, those who are artistic make friends with others who make artwork, the stoners make friends with the stoners, etc etc. It's almost as if there are no values in their relationships. Or I don't see them as values. They hang around other people who do the same things that they do.

SJs are structured. SJs hang out with other SJs. They make a specific group of friends and once that barrier is formed, few get in or out. It's all about popularity in a sense. They don't really get it when someone doesn't fit in.

NTs are very exclusive, from my experiences. They tend to hide their intellect for other NTs who are of the same level. One of my close friends is an INTP, and even though I'm one of his best friends, he'd rather hang out with other NTs than with a close friend. I guess it has something to do with the level of intellect they all share.

I'm not trying to make it seem like NFs are the best, all I'm doing it pointing out a few general annoyances I have found in other temperaments from school-related experiences.

As for a person like me, I'm kind of in the middle, or not even in on any of this. I don't really belong anywhere, and prefer not to limit myself to a specific group of friends, or even limit myself. I have a diverse range of friends.

Me, too. I span the spectrum, always have. I'm like tha muthafuckin' United Nations!

Originally posted by prplchknz: that they think we're all a bunch of pussy whiney emos with our hearts on are sleeves. I am a pussy but i only whine online and I do not wear my heart on my sleeve do you know how many times people are shocked when I actually tell them how I feel about something? I've been told that I carry myself in a way that's not exactly apathetic but more like I don't care.

Same way for me. Most people think of me as detached and unemotional. They don't call that feeling introverted for nothin'!

B

brainheart

NT superiority complexes can become nerve-grating...but I think it only usually happens after they find out they're NTs ;)

much like when some people find out they're NFs they must upload a stupid dreamy-looking avatar (a bit of self-loathing here is called for).

Wouldn't be an NF thread without it!

Nice job on the quality control! :newwink:

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Pretty much what everybody else said, for the most part.

I'll throw a curve ball on this. Do NFs feel like they sometimes can't relate to anybody else out there?

I know I can sometimes feel very lonely in the mist of everybody else. It is hard to explain, but it is probably my idealistic way of living. Lets just say I have high expectations of myself, and I feel like other people don't try as hard as they could in their lives.

NF isn't the most common personality type out there, so it can be much harder for us to find someone who we could relate to (such as the SJs and SPs). If I remember right NTs are the rarest, and I wonder if they also feel lonely sometimes because they can't find a person with their kind of intellect. Of course, I don't think this bothers them as much, but I could be wrong.

NFs, more than any type, have their heads in the clouds. That is one of our biggest strengths and weaknesses. Every type SJs, SPs, and NTs have wonderful strengths that everybody can apply in their lives.

SJ: Tradition is can play a very important and healthy role in life as traditions can help you appreciate cretin aspects of life.

SP: Sometimes it is good to enjoy the, hear and now, and just have fun. Lets not worry about tomorrow because who knows what will happen today.

NT: Our polar opposites. Being realistic helps you make realistic goals, solve problems, be less disappointed in life, and many other wonderful traits that are great for the practical world.

Do you guys see what I have just done? I am seeing the strengths of every other type. What really bothers me about non-NFs is they seem to have a much harder time looking at the good qualities in a person. Fs in general are better at seeing the good in things, but their SJ and SP part can clog their minds (for reasons listed by other people) of their differences sometimes.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Obliviousness is the shield for my heart; removed, I'd say everyone is a jerk...

:yes:

Don't know how I missed this the first time around.

My insanely high ideals can get in the way of enjoying people; and when I do like someone, it's best I don't focus on their annoying sides, but stay tucked away in a haze of daydreaming.

Sad Lounge

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
?
I try to be on good terms with all people. The whole point of MBTI was that Isabel Briggs-Myers was trying to understand people in an effort to deter the kind of hatred that brought about the holocaust. That being said, I don't like name-calling or pointing fingers(I'm too much of an F for that), but I will point out some things I've noticed.

My main problem is with Sensing people. Although I used to be one a long time ago. They're so detail-oriented that it's annoying. They sometimes miss the point. One of my classmates is an ISTP (my polar opposite, since I'm an ENFJ) and he has Asperger's (as do I). He takes things so literally it drives me insane. He gets bogged down in all these technicalities. And if he's not sure what I'm talking about, he'll blurt out random guesses that have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

However, he is very intelligent with good hands-on, mechanical, how-things-work knowledge. His sense of logic is well-founded, he just misapplies it in social situations. He's also extremely talkative and needs to know when to shut up. But overall he's a good guy, and he could be useful if we ever needed to design something in a group.

I also think that SJs tend to be control freaks. Especially ESTJs or ENTJs.

"Do as you're told! (unless told otherwise)"

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have a problem with being mean, as long as there's a disclaimer :devil:

These are generalizations, and obviously don't apply to all types of each temperament....but these are some things which annoy me:

NTs: know-it-alls, arrogant - if they are wrong, they brush it off, but if you are wrong, they rub it in - obtuse and/or degrading to other people's feelings, argumentative over the stupidest things, can look/be embarrassing, tend to have chips on their shoulders about something, can't see out of their logic blinders and exercise empathy, never apologize, lack of humility, unappreciative, not gracious

SPs: hedonistic, lack of morals or won't take a stand for anything, don't care about anything but having fun, ridiculously stubborn over things they don't even know much about, often think they are really funny but are just obnoxious, irresponsible, can seem shallow, users, lack of foresight, only trust their own experience, dismissive of concepts/theories as useless or invalid because they're not "real"

SJs: make fun of things simply because they are not "normal", think their way is always the best way, have a hard time grasping views and personalities different from their own, can seem downright bland, obsessed with rules and enforcing rules just for the sake of rules, love to finger wag and guilt-trip, introverted ones can be painfully nerdy, can be know-it-alls, think they've got everyone figured out but they are so far from the truth, repeat themselves over and over ad nauseum

Excellent. Totally agree with most if not all of this and can't add much!