• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Maybe I could do more if I just stopped thinking so much about it...

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
At least I think that's the problem... too much thinking, not enough doing... then the thinking becomes "wasted time"... even if it was thinking about something relevant to the issue, and then you feel even more stuck because you have less time to handle the problem.

It's as though a giant brick wall has been firmly built in front of me and will not move until I can think my way through the situation.

Maybe I'm just lazy... :doh:

allie bug

MBTI Type
ENFP
i have this problem. i'm great planning things out but not so great at the actual doing. i've found making a small incremet reward system for yourself is helpful. Like if you study for 2 hours, you let yourself go jam out to music then study for another hour and so on. (my increments are more like 15 minutes though).

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
this is sort of like perfectionism issue being talked about on the other thread..

lamp

Is it not more of a time management/overthinking thread?

I know when I think about something too much I can become really off-balanced. I start questioning my basic facts. And usually, the basics are correct :)laugh:) so for me that is a sign to back off a bit.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i can understand the problem, feeling crippled by overthinking. i agree with you lamp, it seems really off-balanced. i always describe it as my brain eating itself. :D
when i get this way i let my frustration at thinking too much feed me and motivate me to act. sometimes it's easiest not to try to take on everything you are thinking about, but just start by making the transition into action. something simple and not mentally challenging. if you are really caught up in your overthinking, it is maybe not a good time to tackle big problems or issues, since you are sort of at loose ends. so maybe start by just doing something physical, playing a sport. that will put you a little more into your body and out of your head. and then maybe the problems you are thinking about will have a chance to cool down some.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I agree. I sometimes think like this. I'll just do stuff to distract myself and not get anything accomplished. Then I go and buckle down and make my world very small until I accomplish something or decide I don't give a damn or go take a nap...