User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Default Maybe I could do more if I just stopped thinking so much about it...

At least I think that's the problem... too much thinking, not enough doing... then the thinking becomes "wasted time"... even if it was thinking about something relevant to the issue, and then you feel even more stuck because you have less time to handle the problem.

It's as though a giant brick wall has been firmly built in front of me and will not move until I can think my way through the situation.

Maybe I'm just lazy...
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    ENFP

i have this problem. i'm great planning things out but not so great at the actual doing. i've found making a small incremet reward system for yourself is helpful. Like if you study for 2 hours, you let yourself go jam out to music then study for another hour and so on. (my increments are more like 15 minutes though).

MBTI
    ENTp

this is sort of like perfectionism issue being talked about on the other thread..
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

You're right... hmm. Sorry for the repeat thread.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

Is it not more of a time management/overthinking thread?

I know when I think about something too much I can become really off-balanced. I start questioning my basic facts. And usually, the basics are correct () so for me that is a sign to back off a bit.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i can understand the problem, feeling crippled by overthinking. i agree with you lamp, it seems really off-balanced. i always describe it as my brain eating itself.
    when i get this way i let my frustration at thinking too much feed me and motivate me to act. sometimes it's easiest not to try to take on everything you are thinking about, but just start by making the transition into action. something simple and not mentally challenging. if you are really caught up in your overthinking, it is maybe not a good time to tackle big problems or issues, since you are sort of at loose ends. so maybe start by just doing something physical, playing a sport. that will put you a little more into your body and out of your head. and then maybe the problems you are thinking about will have a chance to cool down some.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I agree. I sometimes think like this. I'll just do stuff to distract myself and not get anything accomplished. Then I go and buckle down and make my world very small until I accomplish something or decide I don't give a damn or go take a nap...
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.