User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJ Engineers - Motivation?

Hi everyone

So, I'm in the last few months of my engineering degree. The next few weeks are full on and I've hit a brick wall so to speak. Up until this year I really enjoyed this degree, but this year has been one long succession of group meetings and lab work - which use Te and Se, so not the most relaxing..

To top this off, my supervisor is very mercurial. You never know if he'll be in a good temper and the smallest thing throws him off. Also not relaxing.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for motivation? Seem to have flipped into NiFe more deeply due to this - mind wandering off, forgetting details and spending more time with friends than I should be (love you guys! ). This is fun and I'm not actually stressing (yet), but it isn't the best thing to happen at this point in semester.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

simple answer: warbots

So you INFJs even invaded our holy fortress of mechanical engineering now. Why didnt you just asked for a date with an entp, you could have spared yourself a lot of studies
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ

Warbots! Of course!

Chemical and materials engineering sorry You work for us

MBTI
    INFJ

What are the terms of the warbots contract? Could we get three to NZ by Monday?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Wait I have to go in the hangar and ask Optimus Prime that question... *some minutes pass and a friendly voice implies: please hold the line*

...So I am back and Optimus said he will be finished by the end of next week and if someone should be bothered about it, I should give Optimus his adress and he will test his weapons earlier.

I am sorry about that, Optimus is really bad with deadlines and management issues. We can try luring him to an abandonned village on Monday by chance and after he has leveled the village to the ground and lost his temper we maybe can ask him if its alright now to start some working, but its a risk, its a risk

MBTI
    INFJ

*Lures warbots to small village in canyon. They arrive and start firing *

*Canyon roof shuts, trapping warbots inside. They are promptly reformatted by wireless in order to remove their previous orders. *

*Drivers have been previously obtained by bribing Bumblebee *

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You think you can trick a fellow engineer like that ? I got redundant failsafes installed for backup programming in a lot of EEPROMs throughout the whole construction. Face your constructor and make your last wish, death is imminent

MBTI
    INFJ

*Cuts her losses*

Luckily, my life is not one of them. I am far away in an untraceable bunker, in case anything should go wrong

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Fife View Post
    Hi everyone

So, I'm in the last few months of my engineering degree. The next few weeks are full on and I've hit a brick wall so to speak. Up until this year I really enjoyed this degree, but this year has been one long succession of group meetings and lab work - which use Te and Se, so not the most relaxing..

To top this off, my supervisor is very mercurial. You never know if he'll be in a good temper and the smallest thing throws him off. Also not relaxing.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for motivation? Seem to have flipped into NiFe more deeply due to this - mind wandering off, forgetting details and spending more time with friends than I should be (love you guys! ). This is fun and I'm not actually stressing (yet), but it isn't the best thing to happen at this point in semester.
    Just keep plugging away at it. What's happened is you've probably hit another incline in your learning curve.

After you've plateau'd for a while, hitting that next uphill climb is always a trial of your willpower and dedication to your interest. But the good news is, when you come through this obstacle, you'll find you've learned something new and interesting.

You'll hit walls over and over again throughout your career, just remember that feeling of finally getting over the wall and you'll be able to keep going.

Maybe your brain is also trying to tell you that you need to take a break for a little bit. At least as much as you can with your work load. Just don't try to overwork yourself and enjoy time with your friends before you go back to it full force.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost