ENTp

^cool
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'm wearing workpants I haven't washed in a week. What do you think?
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

Enneagram
    1w2

I care about my image very much, both physically and perceptually.

I get my hair done regularly, I enjoy wearing makeup. I like looking as fashionable as I can afford to look.

Perceptually, I'm probably even more image conscious and my professional/casual divide is very strong. Professionally, I'm very into impression management and I'm a moderately high self-monitorer. To me it's more or less about taking on certain characters and roles as the situation calls for it.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFj

I definitely care about my appearance, I am always clean, well dressed and combed. I always say that is better to be over-dressed than under-dressed.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Agreed!
    Love is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Is your image important to you as an ENFJ? Do you like to go out well dressed, putting the best possible foot forward?

(EDIT: sp Conscious)

Yeah, I guess so. Can't hurt, can it?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I notice with NFs though, it tends to go one way or the other. They either don't care much at all about their appearance, or they put a lot of thought into it and assign it all kinds of symbolism. I'm guilty of the latter
    i've been on both sides of the spectrum. i've always been restrictive with fashion choices when i get stressed (J --> Fe anxiety), but yet still very particular. when i am feeling extroverted i tend to experiment a lot more and go thru periods of expansion. and then of course are the times when i just go thru that flippant tossed together sort of approach bc i'm seriously distracted by my thoughts/feelings and don't pay attention to what others think at all while i'm wearing the same clothes 3 days later.

as a 5w4 as soon as i feel capable, i become very very expressive. but when stressed i just sort of withdraw expression in many areas of my life.

is this similar with 4w5s? or does 4w5 expression under stress just get wild and hysterical?

MBTI
    ENFJ

I consider myself to be quasi low key about looks. I don't care about designer names, don't do anything with my hair other than a quick bun, and I hate clothes shopping. It's torture to me. My clothes are usually chosen based on what is clean (or the cleanest) and requires little to no ironing.

On the other hand, I don't go out without my make-up on and clothes matched and at least mostly wrinkle-free. I tend to like classic styles that are simple and clean with a little hint at fun. I frequently hear that I look nice, look dressed up, look well put together, that sort of thing. I think it is because the skirt and top I throw on is more dressy than the sweats and t-shirt some do. I don't mind others wearing sweats, but I would feel very under dressed to go out in public in them.

I guess you could say that I do care about my appearance, but am not narcissistic about it. I find that others care about my appearance far more than I do, which makes me self-conscious.

Oh! And hi! I'm new and came looking for some people who might "get" me and help me to "get" others.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm very image conscious, I always try to look really tidy, clean and neat - matching clothes, hair done, nails done, a little bit of makeup. I sometimes wear scruffy clothes, but usually only in my more rebellious moments - from time to time I enjoy shocking people with sudden changes in my appearance
    Last edited by Ethelred the Unready; 03-03-2011 at 09:34 AM.
    We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull; some have weird names and all are different colours, but they all have to live in the same box.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

At least I am. Looks make huge impact on other people. It's like with speeches: HOW you say it matters more than WHAT you actually say
    And, yes, I'm a 3w2