User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

pretty much...if i'm going to do something i want it to be done just right or i'll just put it off until i know i can do it better.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

I think most, if not all, ENFP's are perfectionists. Myself included.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't think people get that though...because the things we may be concerned with being right...are not necessarily the same things they are focusing on...you know?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't think people get that though...because the things we may be concerned with being right...are not necessarily the same things they are focusing on...you know?
    Exactly! I was always told I was unmotivated and lazy, which was so far from the truth. My focus, intense at that, was just in places that the people around me rarely valued. So my desire to "achieve" went largely unnoticed.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i want it to be done just right or i'll just put it off until i know i can do it better.
    I do not feel incapable of doing things, but I have trouble finding the time to devote to projects that I feel they deserve.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    I do not feel incapable of doing things, but I have trouble finding the time to devote to projects that I feel they deserve.
    well yeah...i partly mean that too...like damn i need to do this but don't want to rush it...so i'll wait because i can do it better when i have more time.
    -Jim Morrison

^ yeah that is exactly me, I was responding more to Fer's 'fear of failure', though now that I reread it looks due to lack of time/info, and not actual ability

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    information
    I have recently started reading about the enneagram and I believe I am a 5; often I feel I need to do more research to be sure I am making the 'best' choice, to be sure I am getting into what I think I am getting into.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

is that a 5 thing? i am big on researching everything too so i know what all the options are...it is crazy how much time i can rationalize devoting to research to make a damn decision...but if i don't...i always worry i made the wrong one.
    -Jim Morrison

As I understand, fives seek to understand things, in hope that they can become more competent. Sevens seek to try lots of things, in hope that they will find what they really want.

Type seven is pretty common for the Ne and Se users, so it is possible I am mistaking myself for a five.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I think it needs to be pointed out that Perfection is an illusion. An impossible standard. A great way to drive yourself insane. I'm such a J, that I'm going to have a hard time understanding a lot of you "P"s. I thought Perfectionism was a J trait. J's usually are very goal oriented with very high standards. I know that I would get frustrated with myself if I thought I wasn't putting enough effort into something, because I set impossibly high standards for myself. I was the kind of kid who would get a 97% on a test and obsess about the 3 questions I got wrong instead of the 97 I got right. I wouldn't give myself enough credit.

I thought P's didn't care enough to be perfectionists. They seem so easy-going and flexible, that I could see them going "That's good enough."

I think the problem is that since P's aren't goal-oriented, they don't know what they want. They do know what they don't want or like, and that's where the perfectionism comes in. And since they can't motivate themselves the way J's can, they stop. They don't have the will-power to push themselves through to the end. Once the inspiration is gone, the action is gone, and they move on to something else, and the cycle repeats. This can also be attributed to their impulsivity.

Any thoughts?