User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default An ENTP Fe Demand

One presumes it must exist, what with Fe being the relief function. But what does it amount to? All I think I'm immediately aware of is ENTPs don't like having their sincerity questioned.

Or do you?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    One presumes it must exist, what with Fe being the relief function. But what does it amount to? All I think I'm immediately aware of is ENTPs don't like having their sincerity questioned.

Or do you?
    It's an efficiency thing. It's like..'Why would I need to feel I should repeat something if I just already said it." I mean, what's the difference really if I say it once versus twice.

It's just stupid to repeat it twice.

And perhaps because we can seem to come across as cold...this perhaps is why others may lead to think of insincerity.

And sometimes these elements combined...some will think even more that we're insincere...it just gets to be annoying.

Maybe people should take ENTP101.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

When I'm feeling particularly disgruntled I think that tertiary Fe is the ETPs' tool to get/sleep with your sister/girlfriend

In all seriousness, an ETP using their Fe is a lot more active and friendly than my one Fe. Many ENTPs I know have little things they do that are sort of 'social smoothers.' Like shaking everyone's hand, helping someone with things, giving the man carrying the keg his seat on a crowded bus. Things like that.

My ENTP cousin, from what Ive seen, has a lot of Fe, its the 'heres your space I'll respect it.' He isn't blunt as a baseball bat, its one of those kiddie wiffle bats.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INTJ

...and if there isn't a recognisable Fe response from the other people?

(Flying blind here! I don't know what "a recognisable Fe response" is.)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

This topic makes me think of my meetup with Synarch earlier this year. He was very generous, offering to buy me a water, eventhough I was capable of doing that myself (and, in reality, I already had two in my backpack because I'm a J ) In addition we were just walking around campus and he sees a couple with a camera, goes right up to them and offers to take a picture. Being social was so incredibly effortless for him.

I want to be social like that but then my cynical side thinks of a million reasons not to do those things for people before I get to acting . It must be a relief mechanism for them, yes indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    And perhaps because we can seem to come across as cold...this perhaps is why others may lead to think of insincerity.
    LOL! Why do people think this about NTP's. I find them to be quite emotionally engaging. I go and do my crazy Fe routine and their eyes light up with my every word. If I feel a need to make someone laugh their the first I turn to. It's NTJ's that are "cold" (to me "socially ignorant") with INTJ's being aloof and ENTJ's (the one's i've met) being jackasses.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    ...and if there isn't a recognisable Fe response from the other people?

(Flying blind here! I don't know what "a recognisable Fe response" is.)

What if there isn't? *shrug* My choices are my business and their choices are theirs. I freely give up my seat because I have it to offer and I like to help people when I can. I don't expect others to do this, and I don't care if they don't. But I think well of them when they do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post

I don't come across as cold in person (don't know how I come off online ... like someone who punches butt?). I might not be as warm as an ExFx, but I'm quite warm.

entps and fe.

1. an amazing social grace-they can seem very sincere and very sweet. but not artificially/used car salesman like an estp can. They use it much more smoothly. In meetings they can be exceptional at redirecting whole conversations, smoothing ruffled feathers, converting you to thier ideas. They can be very nice and polite. I am at the point that I enjoy this interaction, I play with them, but if they are not close, I do not trust them. Mt Fi cant help but respond and smile and interact, however my Te sits inside logically understanding the game. Often I think they are sincere-they do not know what they really want or feel-they are confused by thier own emo.

2. A need for status-this is odd but all of my entps will do these odd things. They will mix low status things with the occasional very high status item-like they are internally driven to get a bit of social recognition due to Fe obligations but are so Ne, they kind of mess it up and only get the social image half right... A 3000 dollar dog combined with crooked bow ties, 150 dollar sunglasses with flip flops, really nice cars, 200 dollar coffee makers in a house with no furniture. Much more noticable as they age. Some of them eat funny as well. Very fancy food.

3. They dont like "stickiness". They dont mind disorganization but they dont like griminess. When they get stressed I have seen them pick at others about things being not quite clean enough. My one entp would date other entps. They would end up nit-picking at each other to death about details that did not matter. All I could figure is that is some sort of need to control the environment when under stress using Fe.

4. Shunning-they shun your ass when you make them uncomfortable (fuck you brian). I directly confront others in an issue. They retreat and hide. I think this is the Fe circles of social interaction. You get shoved outside of all the circles.

5. Control-they use Fe to control others by social inclusion/exclusion. One of my faves actually would physically touch my back to bring me into a conversation, then withdrew touch when I said something he did not agree with. I watched him do this with several others throughout the night. When they need to control others Fe is the tool they use.

6. Frustration-The more stressed and out of control they feel, the quieter they get. Like Fe shunning but they put on a mask of calmness. Every communicative detail planned and perfected, carefully though out. One of my ENTPs gets told she is motherly, another that he is very calm and relaxed. Another seems like they nicest guy ever , the more stressed he gets. His eyes give him away. To me I pick up on this as distant, for those I am close to.

7. The older males seem overly submissive to authority figures. They are very unwilling to step outside of the proper chain of command. It is really odd as my wacked out Te has no such problem.

8. Lying???? This one is really odd and just crossed my mind the other day. I was reading the catcher in the rye. Very often the kid would get stuck in these situations and then propose an idea, only to follow the thought with "that was a total lie, and I would never actually do that, but I dont know know why I said it" I wonder if as entps are growing into Fe sometimes it cuases them to blurt things out to soothe social discontent, to make others happy, but in reality they dont mean it or mean to follow up on it. Fe5-I would do anything to maintain my close relationships with others

(Sorry this was all written in the voice of Te, so it may sound way more certain than I intend it to be. It is all guessing from external observations and could be total bullshit as I produce a lot a random connectivities)

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Shouldn't this all be in the Nt forum?

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    (don't know how I come off online ... like someone who punches butt?).
    I'm sure that there are people here that value that quality in a woman. This is the interwebs after all...
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post

2. A need for status-this is odd but all of my entps will do these odd things. They will mix low status things with the occasional very high status item-like they are internally driven to get a bit of social recognition due to Fe obligations but are so Ne, they kind of mess it up and only get the social image half right... A 3000 dollar dog combined with crooked bow ties, 150 dollar sunglasses with flip flops, really nice cars, 200 dollar coffee makers in a house with no furniture. Much more noticable as they age. Some of them eat funny as well. Very fancy food.
    Huh? You're so off on this that it's kind of funny.. Has it ever occured to you that some expensive items are actually BETTER made than cheaper ones and someone buying those items has nothing to do social recognition? This is one of my PET PEEVES offline:when people make assumptions about someone's dress as an indication of who they are and how much they are trying to impress others. So by your reasoning someone who buys their things at thrift shops can't possibly care about social recognition? What's the spending cutoff amount in your theory of the need for social recognition?

Some of us actually HATE to shop and want to buy things that will last as long as possible. Yes I *could* buy Old Navy Jeans for $40 a pair, but they don't last that long you can easily go through 4-5 pair in a year. Isn't it just easier to buy a pair of $250 jeans that will last years?

4. Shunning-they shun your ass when you make them uncomfortable (fuck you brian). I directly confront others in an issue. They retreat and hide. I think this is the Fe circles of social interaction. You get shoved outside of all the circles.
    I disagree. we shun when we have determined the other person isn't worth our time.. There's no retreat or hiding we just simply decide that person is no longer interesting
    Last edited by SerengetiBetty; 10-02-2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: clarity