User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Ni Activities

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default Ni Activities

I used to think I was good at exercising my Ni, but now I think I need your help. What are Ni activities? What can I do to build on this very grounding and indecisive part of me?
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Doodling and/or staring at a wall.

EDIT: Oh, uh, but seriously. Engage your imagination, day dream, that kind of thing.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

^ yup. also, doing the above while in a crowded room.
    free form writing, too..don't let the pen stop moving and dont think about what you're trying to produce, just make something happen. stream of consciousness.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Mmm...not more to it than that, huh?
    Love is the point.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Doodling and/or staring at a wall.
    This is funny, because someone just teased me the other day when we were chatting and I was telling him about my day and how at one point I was just sitting in my armchair with sunlight falling on me, just contemplating/musing about stuff for like 45 minutes...basically, doing nothing...and he was like, "What, are you like 60 or something?"

Ni activities. Hmm. Ni and 'activity' don't really go together. ha. But....hmm. Let me ponder for a bit and I might get back to you with something constructive.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    This is funny, because someone just teased me the other day when we were chatting and I was telling him about my day and how at one point I was just sitting in my armchair with sunlight falling on me, just contemplating/musing about stuff for like 45 minutes...basically, doing nothing...and he was like, "What, are you like 60 or something?"
    Yes! I used to be under the impression I was the most boring person in the world! People would be sharing stories about skiing and partying and whatnot, and I'd just be like... "Oh, um. I sat on a hill for about 2 hours. And then I thought of a new soup recipe."

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Mmm...not more to it than that, huh?
    Well, I suppose if you wanted somefin' meatier and to engage your T as well, you could solve pattern problems...Oh! Go take some multiple choice tests on topics you don't know anything about
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yes! I used to be under the impression I was the most boring person in the world! People would be sharing stories about skiing and partying and whatnot, and I'd just be like... "Oh, um. I sat on a hill for about 2 hours. And then I thought of a new soup recipe."
    Ha!! Yes, totally. And it's like I'm somewhat 'proud' of myself when I actually have tangible activities I can talk about!!! Like..."Ha, see, I don't just sit around and have nothing to show for my day! I actually DID this, and this...."

Well, I suppose if you wanted somefin' meatier and to engage your T as well, you could solve pattern problems...Oh! Go take some multiple choice tests on topics you don't know anything about
    Yes, the only things I can come up with -- which I do happen to enjoy -- are a combo of N and T. Pattern problems, logic puzzles, Freecell (ha!! Actually Freecell takes a fair amount of skill/strategy), some of those group board games such as Settlers of Catan (or things like that) that would utilize more Ni/T.....
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

In-depth writing exercises that force you to mine a certain subject to pieces.
    Also, grabbing your own butt in public.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I love figuring out riddles. I'm guessing it's an Ni activity.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    In-depth writing exercises that force you to mine a certain subject to pieces.
    Also, grabbing your own butt in public.
    Yes, you've just reminded me of when my Ni is most evident - externally - and that would be when I do vast amounts of writing, and when it's through the *process* of writing that my ideas begin to take shape and it doesn't matter how many tangents there are - I mean, Ni by nature is going to be pretty complex, windy, and convoluted - but eventually, the more you write, the more the convolutions form a pattern, and you realize all of it is in fact interconnected, and each piece is quite necessary to the whole. The absence of one of those tangents deflates the whole, and it becomes fragmented.

If any of that made sense.