• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni Activities

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
Awesome thread! N in my opinion would develop when you quieten E/I, F/T and P/J Just be... day dream, calm down totally, release all tension and anxiety and smile a bit that your privileged to be in your own company... and let it flow...dont analyse dont feel dont judge dont react. just let it flow in any direction or in no direction, just a mute observer.

i remember sitting in the classroom as a kid and just looking out at the clouds, observing them waft, sometimes shiny, sometimes white sometimes grey, from one end of the window to the other... and hearing the teacher teach and absorb just fine while still day dreaming. She complained to my parents but all they asked was, are his grades falling... quite to the contrary. and that was the end of it.! lol

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Odd..I always thought this was a part of Fi for me, as this is exactly what I did when I was in school to escape: daydream. And I can still do that for hours on end. The other examples all ring very true to.

So how does Ni+Fe look compared to Ne+Fi?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
My Ne daydreams a lot, but usually it's because something set it off. Like yesterday I was in a meeting when a colleague breifly mentioned the swine flu. This made me think of Katy Perry's song, but I changed the words to, "I kissed a pig, I liked it; taste of that muddy chapstick...."

I think Ni can just set itself off, while Ne usually needs something from the environment to give it a little jump start.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used it to escape. Make up elaborate fantasies and build on there. Often yes, it is sparked by something I'm curious about. But the ones I have when I'm stuck in a situation I have to be in without wanting to....they tend to be about anything, especially what I want to do still with my life and how to go about it and don't have to be sparked, at all.

workaholicsanon

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would think the easiest way for an ENFJ to exercise Ni would be to act like an INFJ. So here is what I would suggest. Go to a quiet and unstimulating place like laying in your bed or a room in your house without TV or radio. While you are there do something like

1) Think about an interaction you had recently with someone. Pick apart every thing that was said including tones, getures, facial expressions, etc.... Try to imagine what the person could have meant in each situation. Try to imagine several different possible meanings for each thing and then choose the one that is correct. After you've done this for the whole conversation determine what the person's feelings and motivations were during it.

2) Write down a dream you had recently. While you reflect on the dream come up with several interpretations for each part of the dream for what it could mean in your life. Then try to put it all together to figure out what the dream is really trying to tell you. Again come up with several possibilities and pick the right one.

3) Reflect upong the people and events in your life that have the most meaning to you. Reflect upon what it says about who you are and where you want to head. Try to think about as many people and things as possible, think of each one in several different ways to get to the true meaning, and then put it all together to see what that says about you and your future.

wow! I do all 3 of those things ALL the time!!

another way I use Ni is in my career work, I envision the consequences of saying/writing things in certain ways and decide which way to phrase things would serve my purpose best. I envision consequences of potential decisions I could make and try to pick the best set of decisions.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
I would think the easiest way for an ENFJ to exercise Ni would be to act like an INFJ. So here is what I would suggest. Go to a quiet and unstimulating place like laying in your bed or a room in your house without TV or radio. While you are there do something like

1) Think about an interaction you had recently with someone. Pick apart every thing that was said including tones, getures, facial expressions, etc.... Try to imagine what the person could have meant in each situation. Try to imagine several different possible meanings for each thing and then choose the one that is correct. After you've done this for the whole conversation determine what the person's feelings and motivations were during it.

2) Write down a dream you had recently. While you reflect on the dream come up with several interpretations for each part of the dream for what it could mean in your life. Then try to put it all together to figure out what the dream is really trying to tell you. Again come up with several possibilities and pick the right one.

3) Reflect upong the people and events in your life that have the most meaning to you. Reflect upon what it says about who you are and where you want to head. Try to think about as many people and things as possible, think of each one in several different ways to get to the true meaning, and then put it all together to see what that says about you and your future.

i would gather this to be internal sensing and thinking clubbed with intuition. not purely intuition.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used it to escape. Make up elaborate fantasies and build on there. Often yes, it is sparked by something I'm curious about. But the ones I have when I'm stuck in a situation I have to be in without wanting to....they tend to be about anything, especially what I want to do still with my life and how to go about it and don't have to be sparked, at all.

That sounds like SiFi. You visualize/think about plans or fantasies and see how you feel about them. Being more Fi dominant your feelings tend to hold more weight. ISTJ would rely more on the plan instead of how he feels. Thats why a healthy ENFP is more flexible as long as the feelings are good. The plan is not as important. With ISTJ they rely more heavily on the plan and as long as the plan goes good they will know there feelings will match up.

Both though have the same type of daydreams.

With TiNi we logically process possibilities. Since ENFJs are more Ni they really more heavily on the possibilities. I rely heavily on logic to cut down the possibilities. We get lost in thought instead of daydreams. Pretty much everything I write on here gets processed through a huge amount of logic before I come up with what I write. Ti is my connection, my judgement between what I see(Se) and my internal theory(Ni) of why.

With an ENFJ I believe that society is what drives Ni and their theory of the world and not as much internal judgement. You need to use Ti to bring it down to an individual level. Instead of using your Ni with those around you, you have to open your eyes even when things dont go right so those things can get fed through Ti and processed and Ni can be rewritten in a personalized manner. While we are all alike and we all have the same functions, the same needs, the same wants, we have all have preferences. You can argue all day long "this is how people are, this is what a man wants, this is what they do, this is how they go about it, this action is used to cause this, all women are like this". While its logically true, it may not be important to that person or to you. Ni for you is whats "Normal" it seems like you judge things on whats "normal" and use Fe to make a judgement based on that. You can either find someone to match your theory, push your theory onto someone or learn how to change it.

You are already good at Ni, you just need to find the missing pieces.

Sorry if this sounds absolute, feel free to argue any point, this is based on what I see from an ENFJ and I would really appreciate knowing whats right and whats wrong so I can adjust what I understand.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes:This used to be one of my absolute favorite things to do.

This is basically what I do on here and I really enjoy it. What I put is my freeform writing, it is my concious thoughts in real time.

workaholicsanon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Interesting re: the types relishing the free form writing. . .

As an INFJ, I have not really found pleasure or relief from free form writing. I hate reading stream of consciousness books or even my own stream of consciousness. The only times I set my mind to write a stream of consciousness is when I have tons of thoughts/ideas floating around in my mind and I am having trouble knowing where to start with my task, just to get things flowing (like a pre-writing kind of thing). Once that happens, I always end up organizing the products of my mind into an eloquent, powerful, convincing, to the point piece of work (in writing only, cant do that with speech unfortunately). Only THEN do I feel satisfaction, pleasure, and relief.

My spoken efforts often end up being a stream of consciousness though, to my chagrine and embarrassment.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Free form writing is a great suggestion. Just give your Ni one or two things to focus on and watch it make a huge spider web.