User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Ni Activities

  1. #31
    Senior Member TopherRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    As much as I'd like to spend hours reading about Pink's butt, I think we've gotten off-topic; which, ironically, as I now understand it, is Ni! So, then we're still on task? I'm confused. :crosses eyes:
    Love is the point.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Yloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    As much as I'd like to spend hours reading about Pink's butt, I think we've gotten off-topic; which, ironically, as I now understand it, is Ni! So, then we're still on task? I'm confused. :crosses eyes:
    Ok before you move on, I have something to say about Pink's butt. So is Pink's butt pink? If so, does that mean Pink's crap is pink? If so, I would like Pink to eat some coins so she can crap out pink coins for me. Those pink coins would be SO cute for my niece's christmas present.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Yloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Oops I think that was Ne, but anyways just try and go deep into your own thoughts and start making connections from different perspectives. One example is when encountered with a problem, try to think about how your friend would solve that problem as opposed to how you would solve that problem.

  4. #34
    Senior Member TopherRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yloh View Post
    Ok before you move on, I have something to say about Pink's butt. So is Pink's butt pink? If so, does that mean Pink's crap is pink? If so, I would like Pink to eat some coins so she can crap out pink coins for me. Those pink coins would be SO cute for my niece's christmas present.
    If she did crap pink coins, I probably wouldn't admire it nearly as much as run away from it.

    That said, I'm sure both the Piranah/Jaye sisters have lovely behinds. Not that I actually spend much time thinking about them.

    EDIT: *clears throat obnoxiously* Alright, back to the topic at hand. Who's got more Ni action for me?
    Love is the point.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Two Point Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    200

    Default

    I agree with those who have said daydreaming. The kind of daydreaming that can sustain you in apparent innactivity for hours is good, but it's also my first recourse when I get bored two minutes into a conversation with someone (this is terrible and something I need to work on).

    Another thing to try: Walk around somewhere, and practice seeing things as what you would not normally see them as. Don't see a tree as a tree; call it a branching organism anchored into the underside of a ball of rock that's hurtling around a ball of burning gas that's (more or less) adrift in vacuum. Alternatively, it's an incomprehensibly complex structure formed out of many, many pieces of quantum strangeness. For more fun, it's both of these things simultaneously. Don't just acknowledge that the tree is these things - see it as these things.

    Or, for still more fun, see things as things that you actually really don't think that they are. It's not a tree, it's...what? A universe? An illusion? A conscious entity that's observing a non-sentient humanoid animal organism as the organism appears to observe it, but from the inside? For that matter, what are you?

    I'm sorry if this is Ni flavoured by T; it probably is, but that's unavoidable. I'm not sure what Ni with F is like. But, I hope this helps a bit, or at least is fun.

  6. #36
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    I agree with those who have said daydreaming. The kind of daydreaming that can sustain you in apparent innactivity for hours is good, but it's also my first recourse when I get bored two minutes into a conversation with someone (this is terrible and something I need to work on).

    Another thing to try: Walk around somewhere, and practice seeing things as what you would not normally see them as. Don't see a tree as a tree; call it a branching organism anchored into the underside of a ball of rock that's hurtling around a ball of burning gas that's (more or less) adrift in vacuum. Alternatively, it's an incomprehensibly complex structure formed out of many, many pieces of quantum strangeness. For more fun, it's both of these things simultaneously. Don't just acknowledge that the tree is these things - see it as these things.

    Or, for still more fun, see things as things that you actually really don't think that they are. It's not a tree, it's...what? A universe? An illusion? A conscious entity that's observing a non-sentient humanoid animal organism as the organism appears to observe it, but from the inside? For that matter, what are you?

    I'm sorry if this is Ni flavoured by T; it probably is, but that's unavoidable. I'm not sure what Ni with F is like. But, I hope this helps a bit, or at least is fun.
    This sounds like such a good time to me

    Or look at the surface of a common object and imagine what it would look like if you were a tiny insect crawling along it's surface...(on a related note, I believe Uytuun once suggested pretending to be candy?)

    Or look at something near you and think about how it could be made better. Then make it betterer.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  7. #37
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Zoning out for a few minutes and just putting all your concentration on one thing like a green wall or a misshapen rabbit helps me to get "in the zone".

  8. #38
    Senior Member Two Point Two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Or look at the surface of a common object and imagine what it would look like if you were a tiny insect crawling along it's surface...(on a related note, I believe Uytuun once suggested pretending to be candy?)
    I don't generally involve insects, but certainly taking a thing and altering your conception of size so that instead of a thing, it's a place (or many places). I do that all the time!

  9. #39
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    I used to think I was good at exercising my Ni, but now I think I need your help. What are Ni activities? What can I do to build on this very grounding and indecisive part of me?
    I would think the easiest way for an ENFJ to exercise Ni would be to act like an INFJ. So here is what I would suggest. Go to a quiet and unstimulating place like laying in your bed or a room in your house without TV or radio. While you are there do something like

    1) Think about an interaction you had recently with someone. Pick apart every thing that was said including tones, getures, facial expressions, etc.... Try to imagine what the person could have meant in each situation. Try to imagine several different possible meanings for each thing and then choose the one that is correct. After you've done this for the whole conversation determine what the person's feelings and motivations were during it.

    2) Write down a dream you had recently. While you reflect on the dream come up with several interpretations for each part of the dream for what it could mean in your life. Then try to put it all together to figure out what the dream is really trying to tell you. Again come up with several possibilities and pick the right one.

    3) Reflect upong the people and events in your life that have the most meaning to you. Reflect upon what it says about who you are and where you want to head. Try to think about as many people and things as possible, think of each one in several different ways to get to the true meaning, and then put it all together to see what that says about you and your future.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  10. #40
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    ^ Good suggestions. Analysis! And lots of it.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Similar Threads

  1. [Ni] How does tertiary Ni affect us SPs?
    By Skyward in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-18-2017, 07:29 PM
  2. Active Imagination: Ne? Ni? Both?
    By Article Poster in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 09:20 AM
  3. [Ni] Ni???
    By sculpting in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
  4. [Ni] Correlation between Ni and anxiety?
    By wwbeachbum161 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 12:17 AM
  5. [Ni] Ni - What does it look like in real ife?
    By INTJMom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 05:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO