User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Oh no, feel free to comment all you want! There was a time people commented more often, I record them because I was encouraged to do so, and I enjoy it now.

I don't really record extremely mundane (like remembering actual things that happened in my dreams, which happens a lot, versus something I made up in my head), non-sense, x-rated, or way-too-graphic-or-personal material, so there's no feelings hurt if I don't like a person's comment and it's interesting to see what others get out of it. Also, there's a couple people who have told me they just enjoy reading them, so I continue to post.

All of the 'stories' here are things my mind makes up for whatever reason. It is one of the things I like about myself--even if the dreams are sometimes very scary or stressful.
    Cool.

Like I said in your other blog, your bulk of material is a bit intimidating, so I don't know where I'd begin to read.

One thing right off the bat though, you have these characters? With names. Maybe it'd make more sense if I read back, but do you have recurring characters in your dreams? Or do you just find yourself in a dream with characters that you are familiar with somehow.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Cool.

Like I said in your other blog, your bulk of material is a bit intimidating, so I don't know where I'd begin to read.

One thing right off the bat though, you have these characters? With names. Maybe it'd make more sense if I read back, but do you have recurring characters in your dreams? Or do you just find yourself in a dream with characters that you are familiar with somehow.
    95% of these are not linked with each other, so you could literally start anywhere and read a random one and it'd make sense.. I believe I have only recorded a couple continuous dreams. Sometimes I know the people, and I'll mask their identity with a personality type (like ENFP where ever the name goes, for example..) but if I don't know the person IRL and they have a name I will use it here. Xaero, Camus, Mon, and Mini are familiar characters, they used to be characters in a game we played as kids (though I only played the two M names myself, other people played the other names). But, there is a character in a rather scary (to me) dream of mine named Gil, and I have no idea who that guy is.. he was just Gil in my dream. LT, another example, was the title assigned to my Lieutenant.. but the LT in my dream was not my LT IRL. It all just varies.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

My hand was on a pane of glass in a large, dark room. It was snowing outside, to the point where I could hardly see the evergreens through the fog of the drift falling as they spike along the mountainside, disappearing into a haze of gray. The glass is one giant window that let in the dull gray daylight that was the only source of light in the room. The room was entirely empty, round in shape, the glass the only break in the circle. My hand was on it as if it were trying to reach outside. The glass starts to bend around it, and it is taking the shape of another hand--fingers extending between my own, and coming down to slowly grasp my hand as if to hold it. When I try to push on the glass to hold it back, though, my fingers are firm and unmoving as if there wasn't glass bending yet not breaking all around it. I see my eyes in the reflection of the glass for a moment, then they focus on the snow outside as the storm and time continue to dampen the light coming in.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm not sure if this dream continues from the last I posted--it is hard to see and foggy from the snow fall, and the clouds are dark and getting darker. I have a torch in my hand to light my way, which won't last much longer. It's surprisingly not too windy despite the storm raging. I make a small whistling sound, and it is so quiet outside and the storm's snowflakes muffle my noises, but even so a young not-quite-fully-grown dog bounds from the snow and makes almost too much noise for such a quiet area as he leaps through drifts to get to me. I look back, but I can't see what I was looking for, and I push on to the edge of a cliff. It goes down forever, and fog from the warmer ground below makes it impossible to see how far. The creaky bridge looms over it, disappearing into the fog.

I look at my torch and then the dog, and end up snuffing the torch out in the snow. I pick up the dog and hold it in one hand and, with a deep breath, I start across. Slowly, just one foot after the other. Sooner than I realize I cannot see either way--not where I came from, nor where I am going. The sky, the ground, the air around, it is all a haze of gray cloud with snowflakes materializing from them. The wind rushes along the cliff sides, and I realize I have forgotten how cold I was until I started to sweat this much. The bridge is steadier than it looks, which is a good thing because the dog is whining and squirming.

As fast as I was getting into the fog, it never seemed to end. One foot, two foot.. Left foot, right foot.. and still I am not coming across the other side. The dog finally hushes up, hearing something before I ever could, and the angle of the bridge starts up again to indicate the end of the sag. As the land comes into view for me, there are people talking. The dog growls softly and I smack its nose lightly to tell it to hush up. I still have a long ways to go on training it. I jump onto the land after a few faster steps, and the people that turn around are ones that I know, INTJ and ENFP. I was meeting them here. They're whispering for some reason, so I continue the notion and whisper as well. "Its perfect weather, you can't ask for better. The Gods side with us." Some quick, brisk words are exchanged, and my feet are starting to feel the bite of the cold through my boots. The dog is dressed well for the weather naturally, but some weatherproof socks on his feet help the rest. INTJ says, "We're meeting INFJ at a quiet bed and breakfast up the road to discuss the rest. ... Everyone is still sure they want to do this, right?" I look at ENFP and we simultaneously say, "No." INTJ rolls his eyes and we're off on foot once more, and all I am thinking about is steaming hot water from a spring to settle into.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm relaxing in a hot spring.. the steam makes it difficult to see, but standing allows me to view the entire mountainside. It's a gray gloom of jagged, sharp rock that juts as far as the snow and fog will allow. The numerous hot springs along this area makes the fog especially thick. I think for a moment that INTJ picked a perfect location for this, then realized I'm freezing my ass off and flop down neck-deep into the water. I'm watching a baby monkey struggle to stay awake on the other side of the spring, thinking about if I am hungry enough to leave the water for the evening or if I can wait a while longer.

Not writing what happens here.

Anyways, it cuts to all of us eating in a small inn that runs the springs, and we're listening to others talk while we eat a modest, but warm, meal. I get the feeling we might be being too quiet, and I look to ENFP and say, "You know, I'll be glad when the storm is over. Just cold and more cold with no end to any of it." ENFP starts to agree, and I find my mind drifting during the light conversation to a few men at a table that keep making glances towards us. I'm fairly good at not making myself noticed in watching them as far as they can tell, but I hear INTJ's voice booming in my head even though his lips don't move. *They're watching us.* 'Yeah..' I agree by thinking the word, wishing he would hurry up and figure out how to turn the volume of his voice down when he reads the thoughts of others.
    *We're outnumbered by them.*
    'The one on the far side is a gimp--they were talking about his leg being fucked up when we walked in. And the small one is puny at best, if we rushed him and took the gimp out we'd out number them easily.'
    *Since they're watching us, it must mean they want to fight us. What if they're just taking bets on who you're dating at this table?*
    'What if, just for one day, you weren't a total jerk?'
    *Point taken. I'll get the gimp, you take the puny one out.*

I looked at him, surprised, completely blowing the illusion that we aren't communicating while eating for a second.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm standing at the edge of a cliff.. It's beautiful up here. The water below is crystal clear, and an absurd myriad of blues in comparison to the silt-filled waters I'm used to seeing. The cliff side itself is even beautiful, a striking mixture of oranges and whites from the salt drying on the sides, and the sky is clear besides far in the distance the storm clouds that aren't much of a threat to us.

"C'mon! You can do it!" I hear from below. Suddenly the cliff is much taller than it was when I was admiring it. It isn't that I am unsure if I am capable--I know fully well I am capable of jumping on my own. What I cannot decide on... is if I truly want to or not. I cannot tell if I am even willing to face my fears, or if I am completely okay with the fact that I am scared of heights. It's unsettling.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

There was a single red candle flickering in a large, dark room. There was a small, earthen bowl of water next to it, with some flower petals floating and steeping. I was sitting in front of the two, naked, but I had apparently drawn all over myself. I took one of the petals, and ate it. My mouth tasted like a penny. I took another and held it to the flame--where it eventually took and turned to ash on the floor where I dropped it. The third had sunk to the bottom of the bowl and clung to the sides. My fingers tingled, and when I looked into the water bowl I thought, for just a moment, I had seen the face of a man in distress. I looked to the flame, which flickered as if a breeze had went by, and back down but the reflection was my own once more.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

A nightmare I've had twice now.

I'm in a hotel of some sort. Some of the walls are doors disguised to be walls, and there are rooms inside. Each time I've had this dream, I've become overwhelmed with this sense of dread that someone is out to get my family and me. and I'm right. This time in the dream, I found my father and explained to him that the walls are false and that they're doors. I go into one of the rooms and there are people lying dead and bloody, but one is alive and attempts to attack me. I get away, and rush down the stairs to my sister, angry and terrified as I realize the entire hotel staff is in on this.. and the hotel is huge. I open the door and there's some animal scaring my sister. I yell at her to move. Why won't she move!? Doesn't she know I am scared too!? I grab my nephew from her and the monster runs after me instead, and I shut the door so that my sister will be, hopefully, safe inside. I look and it's a small alligator of some sort. I want to cry, or throw up, or something.. but my nephew is right there in a pile of useless baby. I end up wrestling the gator-ish creature and breaking its skull against the banister and grab my nephew. I try to scream for my father--again and again, but I cannot scream (because I am trying to scream out loud as well, and sleep paralysis is something I am blessed with during nightmares) my voice is gone, so I run back up the stairs and one of the walls is ajar. I push my way in, and my father and other sister are just barely visible in the dark, on their stomachs, with their hands up as if to surrender --

(This is one of those times I hope the superstition of if you tell your dream out loud you won't have it again is correct.)

A lot of people I know have had disturbing dreams recently, I have had some very disturbing ones myself.

It makes me wonder what is awry in the collective unconsicous right now that all the terrors are surfacing.

Default Why do we dream

Relevant
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.