User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 220

  1. #41
    Senior Member souffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post


    Oh well we haven't known each other that long so I wouldn't say we're really good friends. It's weird because we talk hours every time we get together, but he doesn't feel like a "friend" (we don't hang out in the same way I hang out with my other guy friends) but we're definitely more than acquaintances because we've had tons of long/personal conversations.

    I hope it wasn't a date...I would hate to have gone on a date without even realizing it He first suggested that we should "hang out" sometime soon. I said sure. Then he asked if I'd want to have dinner on Friday night. And I said yes, obviously. So I don't think it was a date, since "hanging out" is a friend thing, right? ...Oh, why do ISTJs have to be so socially dense? I honestly have no clue with these sort of things unless it's spelled out for me (as in: "I. like. you."), haha. Would an INFJ ever spell things out like that? Would you?


    Aw, really? Well the Friday dinner went really well. I was afraid that it'd be awkward because weekday lunches or so different from a Friday dinner, but it actually wasn't awkward at all. We ended up staying at the restaurant for at least 3 or so hours just talking (till closing). Then he walked me to the bus stop and waited with me till my bus came. As soon as I saw my bus though, I almost walked away really fast because I was afraid that it would leave without me (since it was night)...but he stopped me by saying that he liked spending time with me and had a good time, that we should do it again, and that he would call me. Me, being paranoid about my bus, hastily agreed and yelled "Sure, call me" as I was running toward the bus. :blushing:

    We have plans to "hang out" again next weekend (I'm the one who asked him this time)...but I'm not quite sure what activity we should do. I don't want to suggest anything with romantic implications in case he just likes me as a friend, because that would make him uncomfortable (and then we'd be awkward). So maybe, a picnic? Movie in the park? Art gallery? I don't know...anymore suggestions?
    I say, shit, he really likes you! If it was me, that behaviour would be a guaranteed indication that I liked somebody romantically. Given, I am a girl and an INFP, but close enough! Seriously, asking somebody to 'hang out'? Alone? And then saying he really enjoyed the time with you, and he would love to do it again? That is precisely how I would try and initiate things with someone I liked. In fact, I've done it before. (It's never actually led to a relationship.. but that's irrelevant! ) Starting the romantic stuff (hand holding etc) wouldn't be as fulfilling to me unless I already knew the person well and had come to the conclusion that I really really liked them. That is why I would tread the waters carefully at first, and build up evidence of their suitability to me and my like for them with lots of quality time and intimate talk. Exactly like he's done with you. And it appears with his comment at the bus stop, he likes what he's found!

    So I wouldn't be worried about doing anything that is too romantically... implicative? (that's probably not a word.) But do what you're comfortable with. But I seriously believe you have a really good chance with this guy, based on what you've written. And I'm really enjoying reading your commentary on all of this; please do tell us how it ends... Ive got a really good feeling about this!

  2. #42
    Senior Member souffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    124

    Default


  3. #43
    Senior Member AutumnReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firstjudge View Post
    I don't think I ever stop.
    So...what ever happens with the girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    When I'm interested in someone, I have a bad habit of becoming friendly with him and outwardly only showing the "friends" interest. I'll talk to him, and make a specific effort to get to know him and figure out what he's like, but I'm terrible with overt verbal or physical flirtation. Usually it's for fear of rejection. I'm working to get better about that and becoming more confident in myself -- it's a process!
    I do the same thing! Hopefully we can both improve.

    Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    I say, shit, he really likes you! If it was me, that behaviour would be a guaranteed indication that I liked somebody romantically. Given, I am a girl and an INFP, but close enough! Seriously, asking somebody to 'hang out'? Alone? And then saying he really enjoyed the time with you, and he would love to do it again? That is precisely how I would try and initiate things with someone I liked. In fact, I've done it before. (It's never actually led to a relationship.. but that's irrelevant! ) Starting the romantic stuff (hand holding etc) wouldn't be as fulfilling to me unless I already knew the person well and had come to the conclusion that I really really liked them. That is why I would tread the waters carefully at first, and build up evidence of their suitability to me and my like for them with lots of quality time and intimate talk. Exactly like he's done with you. And it appears with his comment at the bus stop, he likes what he's found!
    Aww I really hope that you're right! I guess I'll find out (hopefully sooner rather than later )

    Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    So I wouldn't be worried about doing anything that is too romantically... implicative? (that's probably not a word.) But do what you're comfortable with. But I seriously believe you have a really good chance with this guy, based on what you've written. And I'm really enjoying reading your commentary on all of this; please do tell us how it ends... Ive got a really good feeling about this!
    I'll definitely tell you all how it ends. As for the activity...at the moment I'm thinking dinner + comedy club? I haven't mentioned it to him yet though (or reminded him that he agreed to go out again)...hopefully he remembers and is still up for doing something this weekend ...if not, that might not be a good sign.
    After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

    {listen: }

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post
    So...what ever happens with the girl?


    I do the same thing! Hopefully we can both improve.


    Aww I really hope that you're right! I guess I'll find out (hopefully sooner rather than later )


    I'll definitely tell you all how it ends. As for the activity...at the moment I'm thinking dinner + comedy club? I haven't mentioned it to him yet though (or reminded him that he agreed to go out again)...hopefully he remembers and is still up for doing something this weekend ...if not, that might not be a good sign.
    i don't think it really matters, he probably just wants to spend time with you somehow

  5. #45
    Senior Member Liminality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    +1

    INFJs are made of all things awesome and wonderful, I hope you guys realise that?

    I soooooooo hope things turnout well for you, AutumnReverie.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

  6. #46
    Senior Member AutumnReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    i don't think it really matters, he probably just wants to spend time with you somehow
    Aww I hope so! He's either thinking "I want to spend time with her" or he's thinking "Wow, I was just trying to be nice" I guess I'll see...

    Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    INFJs are made of all things awesome and wonderful, I hope you guys realise that?

    I soooooooo hope things turnout well for you, AutumnReverie.
    Thanks, Liminality! Don't worry, I definitely realize it.
    After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

    {listen: }

  7. #47
    Member Fife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    When I'm interested in someone, I have a bad habit of becoming friendly with him and outwardly only showing the "friends" interest. I'll talk to him, and make a specific effort to get to know him and figure out what he's like, but I'm terrible with overt verbal or physical flirtation. Usually it's for fear of rejection. I'm working to get better about that and becoming more confident in myself -- it's a process!
    +1

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fife View Post
    +1
    +2

  9. #49
    Senior Member souffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post

    I'll definitely tell you all how it ends. As for the activity...at the moment I'm thinking dinner + comedy club? I haven't mentioned it to him yet though (or reminded him that he agreed to go out again)...hopefully he remembers and is still up for doing something this weekend ...if not, that might not be a good sign.
    Sounds awesome! Good luck!

    Yep, forgetting your arrangement mightn't be a good sign! But I'm just going to riskily throw this out there while touching wood and say that he won't. (Seriously, I'm typing this on a laminated wooden table, lol!)

  10. #50
    Senior Member AutumnReverie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    Sounds awesome! Good luck!

    Yep, forgetting your arrangement mightn't be a good sign! But I'm just going to riskily throw this out there while touching wood and say that he won't. (Seriously, I'm typing this on a laminated wooden table, lol!)
    Thanks! Well you were right, he didn't forget, but...

    He texted me today saying that he was going to the football game on Saturday but something came up with a sick friend's mom and he needs to go back home, but that he might be back in time for the game. And if he is back in time, he was wondering if I'd be interested in going.

    So, yeah... Should I ask him if it was just him going or if it was going to be a group thing? Because I'm going to invite some of my friends to go to the game as well. That way, if he doesn't come back in town in time, I won't have to go to the game alone (since I'm going to go ahead and buy the ticket -- they're selling out fast). Actually, I don't think I'll ask. I think I'm just going to tell him "sure, I'm interested" and go ahead and invite a few friends to come along as well. Since football game => implies group function anyways, right? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

    Anyways, I'm still not so sure about what this means in the grander scheme of things (whether he's interested or not). It seems to me like maybe I was an ...afterthought? Like he already made plans and then when I asked if he was still up for doing something this weekend (and asked specifically if Saturday would be good, since I'm busy on Friday night and Sunday), he thought to himself "Oh yeah, her, I guess I can invite her along..."

    Looking at it in a positive light: our plans were very general (i.e. "sometime this weekend"). And, to be fair, even I already had made alternate plans for Friday night, Sunday, and a little bit of Saturday already with other friends. But still...

    Me ==> Now back to only 50% sure he's interested :confused:


    Sorry for rambling (I minimized the text size for you)! I'll just let it be and see what happens.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESTP] How Do I Know If an ESTP is interested in me?
    By dippy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2017, 07:43 PM
  2. How does an ENFJ feel after rejecting someone?
    By Vavazhan in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-17-2017, 04:08 PM
  3. What does an INFJ look like under extreme stress (in your own words)
    By NK258 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 07:11 PM
  4. [INFJ] How does an INFJ get to this sad point? :(
    By SilkRoad in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 05:26 AM
  5. [Ti] How Does an INFJ Go about Developing Tertiary Ti?
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 04:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO